What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Geoff Toovey the man to have Dragons breathing fire again

possm

Coach
It's a yes from me, so now get on with it. Sack Mary and have Toovey as our head coach and Barrett as his assistant.

Either give Millward his marching orders or have him report to Toovey.

Brian Johnston should immediately resign.

sco22

Juniors
Big yes, the whole joint including the players,tactics and backline/squad needs a shake up. The more i see his angry little head on fox sports, the more i think he would be perfect. The whip needs to be cracked and Mary is just everybodys mate there.
When you think Mick with coaching we had Chang till 1976 the great Harry Bath until 1981 and the first outsider Roy Masters until 1987.
The next outsider was Dave Waite and of course Wayne Bennett funny all these great coaches made finals and grand finals and the Saints played some great footy over those years if we could get that back, Geoff Toovey maybe the right choice.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Why does everyone have a hard on for Toovey? Toovey inherited a Manly team that was built by Hasler. People tend to like him because he bitches and complains at press conferences and blames refs which makes him look like a hard nut. Sorry...I can't see what all the hype is about.

BLM01

First Grade
Why does everyone have a hard on for Toovey? Toovey inherited a Manly team that was built by Hasler. People tend to like him because he bitches and complains at press conferences and blames refs which makes him look like a hard nut. Sorry...I can't see what all the hype is about.
Try look up his record and the way the team played and how he handled a year of injuries and the Cherry V rest of the team saga with Forna Watmough Stewart infighting and still kept them competitive
And he bitches and moans but shows passion for losses not excuses...he'll do me
He might had that famous blow up bitching about the refs that time but what he said is 100% right.
They way the game has become so technical with referring and interpreting things the normal mug supporter does not what is going on...even refs are low on confidencee

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Sorry
Try look up his record and the way the team played and how he handled a year of injuries and the Cherry V rest of the team saga with Forna Watmough Stewart infighting and still kept them competitive
And he bitches and moans but shows passion for losses not excuses...he'll do me
He might had that famous blow up bitching about the refs that time but what he said is 100% right.
They way the game has become so technical with referring and interpreting things the normal mug supporter does not what is going on...even refs are low on confidencee

Sorry mate...still doesn't do it for me. Had he assembled that team in the first place, then it would be a yes from me. I think the team he had made him look better than he actually was.

Walpole

Juniors
It's a yes from me, so now get on with it. Sack Mary and have Toovey as our head coach and Barrett as his assistant.

Either give Millward his marching orders or have him report to Toovey.

Brian Johnston should immediately resign.
Come on possm, I though we all agreed. No more old boys!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I am not supporting Mary but people who think he inherited a good squad is kidding. Price made a mess of it and they were a laughing stock, unfortunately they are going that way now under Mary. Toovey had a great roster that did not need much tweaking. Saints are clutching at straws getting him. They had 3 good coaches available last year in Bennett, Maguire and CLeary and stuck with the dud.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I am not supporting Mary but people who think he inherited a good squad is kidding. Price made a mess of it and they were a laughing stock, unfortunately they are going that way now under Mary. Toovey had a great roster that did not need much tweaking. Saints are clutching at straws getting him. They had 3 good coaches available last year in Bennett, Maguire and CLeary and stuck with the dud.

I know these muppets said they interviewed 14 candidates before they resigned Mcf**kwit. just wondering if these 3 were interviewed, and if so, what in the world could they have possibly said or done during the interview to not get hired? I would have thought just turning up to an interview would make you a far better candidate than Mcf**ktard.

BLM01

First Grade
I know these muppets said they interviewed 14 candidates before they resigned Mcf**kwit. just wondering if these 3 were interviewed, and if so, what in the world could they have possibly said or done during the interview to not get hired? I would have thought just turning up to an interview would make you a far better candidate than Mcf**ktard.
No interviews...considered if really at all...at a board meeting.
I can tell you if those coaches or any highish profile coaches got interviewed the press would of been all over it as their managers would of stirred up what they needed to with their journos.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Just think.. if only one of those 14 other painters also knew how to coach, he could have changed his life right there and then..

Dragons 09

Juniors
Haha, that's one list, that the people on the list, would never want the list to get out into the public domain. Imagine being on the list and therefore considered inferior to McGregor. Damn i'd love to get my hands on that list.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Haha, that's one list, that the people on the list, would never want the list to get out into the public domain. Imagine being on the list and therefore considered inferior to McGregor. Damn i'd love to get my hands on that list.
Knowing St George, they probably interviewed netball coaches by mistake. Mary was the only candidate with RL experience under his belt.

watatank

Coach
No interviews...considered if really at all...at a board meeting.
I can tell you if those coaches or any highish profile coaches got interviewed the press would of been all over it as their managers would of stirred up what they needed to with their journos.

Pretty much this. Johnston confirmed that there were 14 names presented to the board as alternatives....but they decided that McGregor was the best of the options.

Latest posts