What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

George Burgess charged

BunniesMan

Immortal
It's obvious you have never had to work for things in your life you screaming f***wit. Tamou did something stupid and unforgiveable and dangerous. He never hurt anyones personal property. Burgess the f***stick has willfully damaged somebodies property that is far and away worse than Tamou.

This clown should be banned as should Dugan Ferguson Inglis and Tamou. Start making examples of these fools and watch how quickly they pull their behaviour in.
So putting multiple lives in danger isn't as bad as damaging property that you can and will pay for? A footy playey can afford to replace the property he damaged, noone can replace lives if they are lost.

hitman82

Bench
I wasn't seeing racism in your post. To me the ape comment suggested a lower level of intelligence

:lol:
If we discriminated against people of lower intelligence, the NRL would have serious issues. Though I do question the intellect of someone who expresses their anger through violence against innocent signs and automobiles. Would really love to know the background story!

Probably didn't laaark the way them there sign post was blimmin lookin at 'im innit.

FTR, I think it's a hilarious story. But Burgess should still get a hefty punishment for his actions.

Danish

Referee
Blake Ferguson charged:
I would support automatic standing down of any player who is charged until their court date. That way we don't have BS "why is player A being stood down when player B didn't" whingeing.

George Burgess charged:
If I understand correctly he is not fighting it? So what is the point of standing him down for a relatively minor crime when he is not disputing it.

:lol:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Makes sense, cars are about as valuable as women.

Hey I don't make the laws indecent assault is a 5 year maximum sentence in nsw. The googling I did last night has only 20 percent facing a custodial sentence (average 2 years) and the overwhelming vast majority of first time cases good behaviour bonds.

5 years according to some guy in this thread is the maximum sentence for the crime Burgess is charged with.

BranVan3000

Coach
It's obvious you have never had to work for things in your life you screaming f***wit. Tamou did something stupid and unforgiveable and dangerous. He never hurt anyones personal property. Burgess the f***stick has willfully damaged somebodies property that is far and away worse than Tamou.

This clown should be banned as should Dugan Ferguson Inglis and Tamou. Start making examples of these fools and watch how quickly they pull their behaviour in.

In a question of morality and intent, I think getting into a car and driving blind drunk is far worse and potentially catastrophic than throwing a street sign like a frisbee and accidentally hitting a car window with it.

hitman82

Bench
Hey I don't make the laws indecent assault is a 5 year maximum sentence in nsw. The googling I did last night has only 20 percent facing a custodial sentence (average 2 years) and the overwhelming vast majority of first time cases good behaviour bonds.

5 years according to some guy in this thread is the maximum sentence for the crime Burgess is charged with.

I read chrisD's post as serious, and agree.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I feel for souths supporters it absolutely sucks when a player goes mad and does a dumb thing but the timing is just so perfect after constable bm made his dumb comments last night.

Sphagnum

Coach
Firstly, Tamou got 2 weeks for doing something significantly worse. Burgess looks like getting at least 1 game and possibly more for something so much less.

And I meant standing down pending charges for people that fight the charge. Burgess isn't fighting it. He's admitted he stuffed up so the NRL/club should give him his punishment and get it over and done with. 1 week is plenty.

If someone was sleeping in that car, it would have thrown the joker on Tamou's misdemeanour.

Burgess should automatically get a much heftier sentence because he was in another state. Tamou stayed at home and played up. Burgess is too soft to do it in his own backyard and should be punished accordingly.

Him and Ryles should both get 10 weeks for this outrageously disgusting crime. Anything less will just demonstrate that Souths is a blight on the competition and should be kicked out for harbouring a whole family of foreign vandals.

Frailty

First Grade

For straight forward wilful damage the maximum is 5 years in QLD (it is higher for different object damaged - i.e. aircraft, etc.). QLD tend to have higher maximums.

Indecent assault has a max of 10 years in QLD.

BranVan3000

Coach
I really don't think there is a way to combat this, its just something to address as it comes along. Footballers are a large sample of hundreds of young men from various walks of life. I would argue that if you took ANY sample of young men in the hundreds all from various backgrounds, you would still end up with a handful doing something embarrassing and idiotic over the course of each year. Probably more considering the lack of attention on them.

BranVan3000

Coach
If someone was sleeping in that car, it would have thrown the joker on Tamou's misdemeanour.

Burgess should automatically get a much heftier sentence because he was in another state. Tamou stayed at home and played up. Burgess is too soft to do it in his own backyard and should be punished accordingly.

Him and Ryles should both get 10 weeks for this outrageously disgusting crime. Anything less will just demonstrate that Souths is a blight on the competition and should be kicked out for harbouring a whole family of foreign vandals.

I'll cop that penalty if George Burgess's ten weeks can be removed and added on top of Ryle's sentence

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I really don't think there is a way to combat this, its just something to address as it comes along. Footballers are a large sample of hundreds of young men from various walks of life. I would argue that if you took ANY sample of young men in the hundreds all from various backgrounds, you would still end up with a handful doing something embarrassing and idiotic over the course of each year. Probably more considering the lack of attention on them.

A fair post - and every one should face the same penalties.

Mong

Post Whore

Sexual assault is 10 years in QLD.

Comparing like this is silly. Graffiti attracts a 5 year sentence here also.

Last edited:

Raider_69

Post Whore
except Fergo isnt alledged to have committed a crime in QLD
his maximum sentence is the same as Burgess's.

Why hasnt our wonderful integrity committee stepped in to stop this monster representing our wonderful code!
Oh the humanity

Latest posts