What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

George Burgess charged

ek999

First Grade
except Fergo isnt alledged to have committed a crime in QLD
his maximum sentence is the same as Burgess's.

Why hasnt our wonderful integrity committee stepped in to stop this monster representing our wonderful code!
Oh the humanity

You do realise he has been stood down by Souths whilst the integrity unit is investigating the incident don't you

Mong

Post Whore
except Fergo isnt alledged to have committed a crime in QLD
his maximum sentence is the same as Burgess's.

Why hasnt our wonderful integrity committee stepped in to stop this monster representing our wonderful code!
Oh the humanity

In the eyes of the nsw justice system the offence that Ferguson committed carries the same maximum as the one Burgess did in the eyes of the qld justice system these are the facts Mong..

obviously insert the word alleged in there

If you are going to apply a comparison and use a QLD sentence then logic dictates you compare QLD sentence with QLD sentence or its an invalid comparison attempt.

Imagine how silly this could get if we started comparing with all sorts of jurisdictions that suits whatever point each person wants to make.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If you are going to apply a comparison and use a QLD sentence then logic dictates you compare QLD sentence with QLD sentence or its an invalid comparison attempt.

Imagine how silly this could get if we started comparing with all sorts of jurisdictions that suits whatever point each person wants to make.

I just did some googling. Nsw doesn't have the same crime I don't believe but it would fall under malicious damage of property which also carries a 5 year maximum
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/ca190082/s195.html

Last edited:

hitman82

Bench
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=10891307
"I have let my team and my family down.

"I acknowledge that I am a role model for kids and I will do everything I can to restore my reputation through working harder in the community.

"It is my responsibility to ensure that this type of behaviour does not happen again.

"I will learn from my mistake and bounce back stronger and better as a person."

Disappointed by his weak initial efforts, Burgess is planning to increase his training so next time he can throw a bus through a skyscraper.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
See ripping a stop sign out the ground I could imagine was just the result of drunken bets..
.but why did he then smash a car with it. Pretty puzzling.

Sphagnum

Coach
See ripping a stop sign out the ground I could imagine was just the result of drunken bets..
.but why did he then smash a car with it. Pretty puzzling.

He probably just tossed it over his shoulder when he was finished picking his teeth with it.

dogslife

Coach
All this talk of deportation will stop when Rusty officially adopts George and he becomes a citizen

Sphagnum

Coach
The funniest part is, this merkin would have/will crack under the pressure of finals footy anyway. He'll be in good company playing for Souths but they are better off trying to find somebody who doesn't go missing when the going gets tough rather than this cat.

StGeorgeBull

Juniors
The funniest part is, this merkin would have/will crack under the pressure of finals footy anyway. He'll be in good company playing for Souths but they are better off trying to find somebody who doesn't go missing when the going gets tough rather than this cat.
What reason do you have to say that? He has been fantastic this season.

Thousand times worse?

In QLD, wilful damage carries a maximum penalty of 5 years imprisonment (unlikely he would get this obviously).

Drink Driving with BAC over 0.15 is max 18 months, and driving unlicenced a max of 1 year.

Apparently QLD doesn't think its worse.

Does anyone know why Aussie Jim had no licence?
If licence has been cancelled/suspended to be then caught driving is a minimum 2 years extra, not even considering the 4 X over part. I guess that would be a different fine to failing to renew a licence then driving.

First Grade
Shouldn't there be a charge for ripping out the street sign as well?

i don't get where people are coming up with he ripped out a street sign, all the articles I have read say he has 2 charges of willfull damage on cars and he used a street sign he found in the street.

From that i take it as he found the sign on the ground and has damaged 2 vehicles?