What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

George Burgess facing 2 week ban for contrary conduct

The Maloney charge is a joke.

No way was that a trip. If you're trying to trip someone you kick them below the knees.

Maloney kicked Turner just below the groin.

betcats

Referee
The Maloney charge is a joke.

No way was that a trip. If you're trying to trip someone you kick them below the knees.

Maloney kicked Turner just below the groin.

When you are bent over on 1 leg with momentum involved having perfect body control is quite difficult. He just stuck it out there imo.

When you are bent over on 1 leg with momentum involved having perfect body control is quite difficult. He just stuck it out there imo.

When you look at those charged with tripping this season, most of them have been a Grade 1 e.g. Tyson Frizell in Round 24 and Beau Scott in Round 22. Only Edrick Lee's in the Round 21 game against the Bulldogs was a grade 2.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Yeah that was silly, should only miss trials though.

Pretty sure they closed that loophole so any suspension will be premiership games.

The stupid thing though is that despite the trials not being counted, the suspended players still aren't allowed to take part.

betcats

Referee
Pretty sure they closed that loophole so any suspension will be premiership games.

The stupid thing though is that despite the trials not being counted, the suspended players still aren't allowed to take part.

Ahh I see. That is a good thing besides that last part. They should be allowed to play in the trials if they are missing an actual premiership game.

yobbo84

Coach
Would be interested to know how this "incident" came to light. Bloody hell there are some mental giants playing footy these days.

drago brelli

Bench
George will beat the charge, he has enlisted Dyson Heyden to defend the charge. His defence will be that he was really keen to return the bottle back into the plastic carrier that it slipped from his grip and ended up hurling the in general direction of the Easts player in question.

Would be interested to know how this "incident" came to light. Bloody hell there are some mental giants playing footy these days.

My guess would be either the ground manager and/or one of the interchange officials seeing it. They sit on the touchline during games just about on halfway at the SFS.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Lol what a pathetic throw for a start, but the fact that he is sitting on the bench and sees Evans coming off only vilifies him further. It was clearly a brain explosion.

Him and Luke now share the responsibility for f**king over Souffs. I've never seen one team contain so many mental spanners...Well maybe Parramatta.

cleary89

Coach
Id argue its worth more. I get that some dangerous play gets less but thats seriously not on. Proper pegs it. Huge brain explosion.

Latest posts