What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

George Burgess facing 2 week ban for contrary conduct

Card Shark

Immortal
Someone remind me please, how many of the Dogs supporters got banned for throwing bottles?

Life bans too?

ek999

First Grade
My guess would be either the ground manager and/or one of the interchange officials seeing it. They sit on the touchline during games just about on halfway at the SFS.

You could see the bottle come onto the field during the TV coverage and Joey talks about it. NRL probably would have reviewed it to find out what happened and referred it to the MRC

Danish

Referee
You could see the bottle come onto the field during the TV coverage and Joey talks about it. NRL probably would have reviewed it to find out what happened and referred it to the MRC

Joey tried to claim that a Roosters player had thrown a bottle at a souths player I think

Betya Mrs Burgess is sitting back with a chardonnay, thinking, 'thank f*** for that! Only have to watch one son play footy this weekend and no need to drive around town taking them to all their games!"

DURRRHURRR

Juniors
Didn't Reynolds (dogs) throw a kicking tee at some injured player coming off the field. Surely Reynolds will be the defence used, as he would be the defence used if Maloney was facing a suspension for tripping

RWB

Bench
What else would you call it?

kermit.JPG

Kick
- strike or propel forcibly with the foot.

Tommorrow we can learn a word starting with the letter L

MarkC

Juniors
George will beat the charge, he has enlisted Dyson Heyden to defend the charge. His defence will be that he was really keen to return the bottle back into the plastic carrier that it slipped from his grip and ended up hurling the in general direction of the Easts player in question.

In that case the defense will be he could not read the email that told players not to throw water bottles.

Maloney is probably lucky he did not really connect, but the charge fits the crime.
The coach will probably have a quiet word with him, 200 sit ups will probably suffice.

chigurh

Probs could have gone either way between tripping/kicking but I guess when you're the Rorters you don't lose those 50/50 calls.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Absolute joke. How the f*ck does Maloney not get a week for trying TO KICK SOMEONE.

Evans also threw a ball at Carter's head WHILE HE WAS BEING TREATED FOR BLEEDING.

Nah i'm done thanks.

National Rooster League methinks. Beyond a joke...

carcharias

Immortal
You can't throw stuff at players while you're sitting on the bench.

FFS .

Imagine if it was a fan that threw a bottle at a player.
You would be chucked out and banned.

drago brelli

Bench
The other defence Souths could use is that the NRL have charged the wrong Burgess brother then have the case dismissed.