What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

George Burgess

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Because the people in the front office....
Are backward morons....
I know it is frustrating but to be fair there was some talk a year or two back that the club preferred waiting for the cooling off period after the signing to expire before making the official announcement. I don't think Ryan Webb deserves your description. After Doust especially Webb appears like a breath of fresh air.

denis preston

First Grade
Reported in this morning’s Telegragh.
George Burgess has signed a two-year contract with the St George Illawarra Dragons. He is on minimum wage but can make good money in a heavily incentivised contract.
If only all contracts were like that !! You wouldn't mind paying a player 700k if they deserved it and by the same token coming up to Norman and saying " here's 200k for your seasons efforts "

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
If only all contracts were like that !! You wouldn't mind paying a player 700k if they deserved it and by the same token coming up to Norman and saying " here's 200k for your seasons efforts "
I like the concept, it's like a sales role with commission. Work hard, do well and you will make the extra coin $$
Under perform and your upside is limited.. Greedy player managers wont like it, but it could be a game changer. Would be hard to police the cap if everyone was on the same base.. but perhaps it could be capped at a threshold

Gareth67

First Grade
I like the concept, it's like a sales role with commission. Work hard, do well and you will make the extra coin $$
Under perform and your upside is limited.. Greedy player managers wont like it, but it could be a game changer. Would be hard to police the cap if everyone was on the same base.. but perhaps it could be capped at a threshold

I agree J.J. that there will be some very upset agents not getting their ‘ obligatory ‘ fair share of the players hard earned money , that involves so much blood , sweat and tears on the field .

Reactions: jak

saintly1996

Juniors
Reported in this morning’s Telegragh.
George Burgess has signed a two-year contract with the St George Illawarra Dragons. He is on minimum wage but can make good money in a heavily incentivised contract.
Hope for his sake he was smart enough to not have the incentives based on wins.

Maybe its the number of BBQ's he attends, or the buns he is involved in.