What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

George Burgess

possm

Coach
Where is big George in our season opener squad and Aaron Woods. We need size in our engine room. Getting a bit pi**ed off with Griffin's obsession with Qld players that came with him to the club. McCullock has to be the most sluggish hooker in the comp and how does Bird pinch JBD's lock spot. McGuire is lucky to get a bench spot ahead of Burgess. I'd have had Woods and Lawrie as the starting props.
I suppose that is what is great about our forum, we all see things in a way that may be controversial but not afraid to put our views forward. Fools and bullies seem to have left with Mary.

My preferred run on props would be Woods and Burgess with Molo and Lawrie coming off the bench. For me Kerr is a reserve grader.

BBTB

Juniors
I suppose that is what is great about our forum, we all see things in a way that may be controversial but not afraid to put our views forward. Fools and bullies seem to have left with Mary.

My preferred run on props would be Woods and Burgess with Molo and Lawrie coming off the bench. For me Kerr is a reserve grader.
Yes,agree. Kerr should not be in our team. He's a bludger.

Trifili13

Juniors

I wouldn't have Lawrie off the bench as for me he does not add much thrust. Happy for him to be a starter and soak up the early hits as he seems a goer and then have someone like Burgess who is a monster come on and trample the opposition as some fatigue sets in.

itsme

Juniors
I wouldn't have Lawrie off the bench as for me he does not add much thrust. Happy for him to be a starter and soak up the early hits as he seems a goer and then have someone like Burgess who is a monster come on and trample the opposition as some fatigue sets in.
Lets not forget, Burgess is still working his way into full fitness after a big procedure. I dare say its a step by step approach and starting him in an NRL game may be a fair way away.

I see his role being an impact one off the bench.

getsmarty

Immortal
Lets not forget, Burgess is still working his way into full fitness after a big procedure. I dare say its a step by step approach and starting him in an NRL game may be a fair way away.

I see his role being an impact one off the bench.

Correct.

Dragon David

First Grade
Hopefully we get to see Burgess and Sims play soon. I know that big George still needs time to get to full fitness but I don't see much muscle in the props we have lined up for round 1 and guys like George are needed. Lawrie, Woods, Molo and Kerr are on notice to perform - to me they just don't appear to have the sting we need. The Warriors forwards will be a handful - will our selected guys be good enough?

BBTB

Juniors
Hopefully we get to see Burgess and Sims play soon. I know that big George still needs time to get to full fitness but I don't see much muscle in the props we have lined up for round 1 and guys like George are needed. Lawrie, Woods, Molo and Kerr are on notice to perform - to me they just don't appear to have the sting we need. The Warriors forwards will be a handful - will our selected guys be good enough?
Should have a clearer picture after Rd1.

Sloan, Ramsay, Lomax, Suli, Rava, Amone, Hunt, De Belin, Sua, Hunt , Woods, Sullivan, Lawrie.
All but two correct ;). Never figured Griffin was picking anyone other than Bird and McC in those spots.
Why did Big Georgie not make the bench? Need your biggest boppers against those Kiwi monsters.

Last edited:

Shaun_Timmins

Juniors
All but two correct ;). Never figured Griffin was picking anyone other than Bird and Macca in those spots.
Why did Big Georgie not make the bench? Need your biggest boppers against those Kiwi monsters.
I'll think you'll find the answer to your question just a few posts above, and in the Round 1 thread.

@Dragonslayer put it brilliantly in the Round 1 thread, "The season is 25 rounds not 1"

BBTB

Juniors
All but two correct ;). Never figured Griffin was picking anyone other than Bird and McC in those spots.
Because he's not ready to face those kiwi monsters.

I'll think you'll find the answer to your question just a few posts above, and in the Round 1 thread.

@Dragonslayer put it brilliantly in the Round 1 thread, "The season is 25 rounds not 1"
Then we should have laid out money for other big boppers. Blokes that can bend a line with sheer size. Alvaro is the heaviest we have after George, but he seems to lack that something.

The idea of having so much depth in the forwards means for a change we shouldn't be fielding a team with busted players. I would say that a discussion has been had with the players and they are all aware that they will play their part at some stage. It's a long season, if the team has bought into that idea, it's probably only the press and the fans that are offended by the selections.