What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

George rose

Fingerbang

Bench
I don't want him with us.....I can't tell him and Inglis apart, and I'd hate to think we had an ex Rabbitoh in our team.

Bring back choc

Juniors
you whinge about us not signing quality players and then you throw this fat heap into the equation??? WTF?? :sarcasm:

If you read the post, slowly mr red...slowly... You will see I pose a question. It's not a statement.

I'm sorry if you feel we have go forward covered. Looking at last year I certainly don't. Regardless of the question of George rose.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Lots better too.

Put it this way... He'd make our bench.

So what does that tell you?

Matt prior has 5 weeks to prove me wrong. My opinion of him Is that He's hopeless.
He needs to be booted and replaced. Waste of space. Has done nothing. Nothing.

But for now I'd take rose over prior in a heart beat.

gypsy

Bench
I'm sorry if you feel we have go forward covered. Looking at last year I certainly don't.

Why would you? I mean it's not like Merrin, Hunt, Weyman, Young, Creagh, Scott, Fein, Prior are all rep players, or De Belin was NYC player of the yea...oh wait...:sarcasm:

Last edited:

The Nick

Bench
Put it this way... He'd make our bench.

So what does that tell you?

Matt prior has 5 weeks to prove me wrong. My opinion of him Is that He's hopeless.
He needs to be booted and replaced. Waste of space. Has done nothing. Nothing.

But for now I'd take rose over prior in a heart beat.

Well Wayne Bennett's opinion on Matt Prior is obviously different from yours.

I know who's opinion I respect more......

gypsy

Bench
Well Wayne Bennett's opinion on Matt Prior is obviously different from yours.

I know who's opinion I respect more......

Ricky Stuart put him in his 2011 Blues in waiting squad as well.
Stuart and Bennett are nothing compared to BBC though.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Prior's first season was sensational. If he can get back to that form which he is capable of he will win your love back BBC.

As for George Rose, sure you would waste money on him when Saints have all these good forwards coming through the ranks.

Hutty1986

Immortal
My mate spotted big George Rose down here in Canberra earlier in the week having coffee with Andrew McFadden.

I dunno if McFadden still has anything to do with the Raiders but they may have been talking contracts? I know the Raiders have a thing for massive forwards so who knows?

Maybe Fads is just hooking him up with some BBW XXX

Tommax25

Bench
btw way to go basking in the glory of your premiership sea queen poofs lol

Dragqueens, St. Merge. Its easy to throw about unoriginal names as insults isn’t it? :roll:

On topic: I was sure he’d re-signed? On whether you would want him, I’ve seen people saying no, park footballer at best ect, which may be true, but I would think you’d have thought the same of Cuthbo before he arrived, and he worked out ok.

BBC gets some bad press on this forum. I don't think we should reflexively bag anyone who is sometimes sceptical about our club and the sorts of decisions it makes. Especially on matters of recruitment and retention where, historically, we've been hopeless.

Even so BBC, I've got to be Ixnay on the Rosenay. As long as there's $280k burning a hole in our salary cap we've got to be aiming higher. And given that we're two injuries away from Vidot and Bronx Goodwin playing a significant role in our 2012 campaign let's hold onto that money and sign another back. There's still a long off season to go and disturbances at Manly, Parra and the Dogs. You never know who might end up on the market for a steal.

Mr Red

First Grade
If you read the post, slowly mr red...slowly... You will see I pose a question. It's not a statement.

I'm sorry if you feel we have go forward covered. Looking at last year I certainly don't. Regardless of the question of George rose.

just to put on a smile on your face (which seems mission impossible) i read it slowly.... slowly... and my question still stands..

for you to even pose your question given your stance on player recruitment is absurd...
and no where did i mention i am happy with our go forward... although i am positive a fat unfit bench player is NOT the answer. And please dont try and change your actual question to "are you happy with go forward" by your throw away line of "Regardless of George Rose" seems to me like you are back pedaling due to the over whelming rejection of your question ...:crazy:

Mr Red

First Grade
Why would you? I mean it's not like Merrin, Hunt, Weyman, Young, Creagh, Scott, Fein, Prior are all rep players, or De Belin was NYC player of the yea...oh wait...:sarcasm:

exactly ... add to that the 5 or so new forwards we already bought and i can definitely see room for a fat bastard sitting on the bench. offering no more then what we already have ...:sarcasm:

st.phil

Bench
BBC gets some bad press on this forum. I don't think we should reflexively bag anyone who is sometimes sceptical about our club and the sorts of decisions it makes. Especially on matters of recruitment and retention where, historically, we've been hopeless.

Even so BBC, I've got to be Ixnay on the Rosenay. As long as there's $280k burning a hole in our salary cap we've got to be aiming higher. And given that we're two injuries away from Vidot and Bronx Goodwin playing a significant role in our 2012 campaign let's hold onto that money and sign another back. There's still a long off season to go and disturbances at Manly, Parra and the Dogs. You never know who might end up on the market for a steal.

I don't understand people downing Vidot. Last year we were one injury away from peni tagive - Vidot is approximately 8 times the player peni is.

watatank

Coach

Rubbish, we have done a fine job with our recruitment and retention over the years...considering that we are in the Sydney market, always manage to put together a competitive side and every single one of our players gets attention and scouted by other clubs the moment they show a little bit of talent in first grade. Sometimes even before that

As for the rest, any comments regarding BBC's stance on Rose is fair game considering the criticism he dishes out.

Mr Red

First Grade
Rubbish, we have done a fine job with our recruitment and retention over the years...considering that we are in the Sydney market, always manage to put together a competitive side and every single one of our players gets attention and scouted by other clubs the moment they show a little bit of talent in first grade. Sometimes even before that

As for the rest, any comments regarding BBC's stance on Rose is fair game considering the criticism he dishes out.

to be fair...
- during the late 80's early 90's our recruitment was a shambles..
Brian smith came in 1991 a made some very astute purchases (mark coyne and wayne Bartrim spring to mind - two young players with a heap of potential and rep footy written all over them)
David Waite and Farrar signed some top class players... during the 90's - Jamie Ainscough and Darren Treacy spring to mind
during the brown era we did slip back into some very "dubious" signings... although the core of the squad was top class
Wayne Bennett has once again righted the ship....
although not totally happy with our recruitment for next season i am still giving Price a season to prove himself..

i still think we need:
1 ball playing forward
1 or 2 mongrels in the pack
some more depth in the halves

Last edited:

Cagey Mac

Bench

We'd have substaintially more than $280 in the tank. So enough for at least one splurge without dropping anyone.
It really comes down to the first quarter of the 2012 season IMO but who knows. My thoughts are that finding a spot for Style is a must or so I've been told. There is Vidot, Chase, Bronx and Cummins to consider in the back line and a bunch of juggling to do (or not) depending on trial form.
Anybody writing Vidot off is nuts IMO
Our recruitment is exemplary again IMO. As it's been said; we're a city club competing against a bunch of others for a relatively small bunch of suitable athletes who have chosen our code.
And agreed BBC seems to be able to look after himself