What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gerrard VS Lampard

Gerrard Vs Lampard

• Gerrard

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • Lampard

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters
Gerrard no contest. He can do more than just score from penalties or deflected free kicks.

No way in the world could Lampard have performed as Gerrard did yesterday.

Tommy Smith

Referee
1. Ronaldinho
2. Gerrard

Gerrard is awesome. The most complete midfielder there is and IMO the 2nd best player in the world right now.

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
Tommy Smith said:
1. Ronaldinho
2. Gerrard

Gerrard is awesome. The most complete midfielder there is and IMO the 2nd best player in the world right now.

Gerrard was spectacular yesterday but no way is he as consistently brilliant as Henry. Lampard is ok with spot kicks but that's about it. He might have polled runner as WP last season but there are 5 better players in Chelsea alone.

1. Ronny
2. Henry
3. Gerrard
4. Shevchenko
5. Kaka

25. Lampard

borat

Bench
Pensacola Q.C said:
Gerrard was spectacular yesterday but no way is he as consistently brilliant as Henry. Lampard is ok with spot kicks but that's about it. He might have polled runner as WP last season but there are 5 better players in Chelsea alone.

1. Ronny
2. Henry
3. Gerrard
4. Shevchenko
5. Kaka

25. Lampard

Henry is consistantly brilliant in the high paced EPL and consistantly shyte in Cup Finals and the World Cup. Henry is an awesome player but his contribution to a game can be greatly reduced with the right defensive effort.

gerard is an all round player who consistantly performs brilliant week in week out. I am with TS on this one

HevyDevy

Coach
Gerrard is one of those special players that rises to the big occasions. Quite remarkable really. I mean, NOBODY scores a goal like that, in those circumstances. He is a God.

I'd love to see England bow out in the group matches of the cup but if by some fluke of nature they actually progress to the semis and beyond I hope Gerrard is the man that does it

fish eel

Immortal
Michael Ballack sh!ts on Lampard and everyone will see that next year in the premier league.

MONY

Juniors
Ballack ahahahahahah.. mate lay off the weed.... For mine Gerrard is marginally better..... i tend to see Lampard a touch more of an attacking player so its hard to compare them in some ways..

fish eel

Immortal
MONY said:
Ballack ahahahahahah.. mate lay off the weed.... For mine Gerrard is marginally better..... i tend to see Lampard a touch more of an attacking player so its hard to compare them in some ways..

Ballack is probably the most underated player in the world. There's only a handful of players better than him, and one of those is not Frank Lampard.

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
fish eel said:
Ballack is probably the most underated player in the world. There's only a handful of players better than him, and one of those is not Frank Lampard.
I agree on Ballack. The prospect of Ballack and Shevchenko chelscum jumpers next year is a worry...

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
borat said:
Henry is consistantly brilliant in the high paced EPL and consistantly shyte in Cup Finals and the World Cup. Henry is an awesome player but his contribution to a game can be greatly reduced with the right defensive effort.

gerard is an all round player who consistantly performs brilliant week in week out. I am with TS on this one

What Cup finals are you talking about? Henry singlehandedly won Euro 2000 for France against Italy...they're in the CL final this year on the back of huge performances from him, he's been great for France over the past 2 years...everyone has their ups and downs but in big games TH has had more ups than downs.

fish eel

Immortal
Pensacola Q.C said:
I agree on Ballack. The prospect of Ballack and Shevchenko chelscum jumpers next year is a worry...

People discount Ballack because he plays in the Bundesliga....a much underrated league. the guy can go forward and play virtually as a striker, or drop back and play a holding role.....what ever is needed

MONY

Juniors
Ballack had a great WC2002 didnt he.... I will go the other way and say Ballack is one of the most OVER RATED players...

aqua_duck

Coach
MONY said:
Ballack had a great WC2002 didnt he.... I will go the other way and say Ballack is one of the most OVER RATED players...
He did have a great WC2002 and is a brilliant player IMO

I rate Gerrard ahead of Lampard as Gerrard is a big game player who is more important to liverpool than even ronaldinho is for Barca. Lampard is a very good player but not in Gerrard's class IMO

Bumble

First Grade
Pensacola Q.C said:

1. Ronny
2. Henry
3. Gerrard
4. Shevchenko
5. Kaka

25. Lampard

Lampard is class, Gerrard can turn in brilliant performances when needed and I love him, but Lampard is consistantly excellent.

Lampard...just.

Foz

Bench
Lampard and Gerrard are both great players but I doubt any 1 player in world football would be more valuable to their side than Gerrard or Henry.
Gerrard for me but I'm a redman.
By the way Gerrard is the only player to score a goal in a League Cup Final,FA Cup Final,European Cup Final.
Cant remember if he scored in the UEFA CUP Final-Think we got 5 so a good chance of that too).
Not that goals mean a lot but not bad for a midfielder.

Daza_06

Juniors
Gerrard has been doing this every game. Lampard is a great player dont get me wrong but he doesnt stand out like Gerrard does. Maybe because Lampard is in a team full of superstars and doesnt stand out as much but i dont know. I think Gerrard likes takin the responsibility role within the liverpool side which is makin him stand out. Put him in the chelsea side and he wouldnt be the same. Gerrard is clear winner though, lets just hope harry follows his lead for Australia:D

Latest posts