What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gerry Rafferty passed away

Started out in a band with the Big Yin, Billy Connolly.

His solo album City to City was massive in the 1970's. I didn't know too many people who didn't own a copy.

He'll probably be mostly remembered for the song "Baker Street" off that album and the song "Stuck in the middle with you", which he wrote and sang as lead singer of the band Stealer's Wheel.

R.I.P.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/gerry-rafferty-dies-aged-63

Last edited:

Azkatro

First Grade
Bloody sad story, his later years. He made a great contribution to popular music in the 70's. RIP.

fightingirish69

Juniors
very good singer - songwriter, both solo and with stealers wheel
hadsome other pearlers too
like night owl and the royal mile

snoozer

Bench
loved his work.
my old man bought me my first copy of "city to city" back in the 80's and i've replaced it several times(a couple of lp's then cassette - now on cd)

i know everyone loves the sax riff on "baker street" but i always loved the guitar solo on that song - one of my faves.

r.i.p. to a genuine contributor to music.

IanG

Coach
Rage had a tribute to him last night. Just a shame they didn't play any Humblebums