What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get rid of the video ref....

juanfarkall

Coach
Funny.

The standard of decision making by the video ref and on ground officials was no worse than on any other weekend this year.

I am no Bronco fan, but I think tonight's result was Karma.

Balmain_Boy

I'm going to have to watch the replay again - I agree with El Diablo.

Both times I saw it I thought it came off Hoffman's forearm into HOdges shoulder then back onto Hoffman's head. I was stunned when Gould was going on about it coming off Hodges' hands.

El Diablo

Post Whore
i thought it clearly came off Hoffmans arm. it's very obvious seeing Hodges' skin is darker.

I believe it did hit Hoffman's arm, but it clearly hit Hodges' first. So even if it was no try it should have been a Storm scrum feed.
BTW, my feelings on the video ref have nothing to do with this or any other single decision. It's just not good for the game full stop.

Raider_69

Post Whore
can not for the life of me understand how they ruled against the king try
it came off his head, and made no contact with any other part of his body...

that said i still think the better team won

MSIH

Bench
No way it came off Hoffman's arm. That call was the epicentre of all the bad calls tonight. All went against Melbourne.

Disgraceful.

nqboy

First Grade
Generalzod said:
I have always thought that the NRL was rigged and tonite it was there for all to see.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, right. Rigged in favour of the Broncos. Idiot, that's what the Super League war was fought over.

juanfarkall

Coach
mickdo said:
By all means have another look, and then post your apologies quick smart.

exactly why would anyone apologise to you ?

apologise for you sure....

karma is real.

t-ba

Post Whore
mickdo said:
Rubbish. You are blind.

Both teams were preparing to pack down a scrum before the decision came...Melbourne players accepted it...

Rocco

Juniors
who cares?

Brisbane are the 2006 premiers and we righfully deserve it!

As for melbourne :lol: they were never in the game but congrats for them making it this far.

lockyno1

Post Whore
It evens itself out! How about the 100 forward passes that Melbourne did during the game!

Mary

Juniors
For the most part, it comes down to whether the video-ref can rule on on-field decisons. If he could, a couple of the bad decisions tonight could have been avoided.

But then again, you are opening up a big can of worms (i.e. Barretts non-40/20 a few weeks ago).

I guess refs will be damned-if-they-do, damned-if-they-don't as always. Imo they should strive to get it right the first time, but easier said than done I guess.

simon says

First Grade
jamesgould said:
After seeing the in-goal refs come up with one good call after another in the two lower grade games, without waiting 2 minutes for each decision, I am inclined to agree.

Here here......watching the lowers was a pleasure.....no stoppages to the game,no pouring over endless angles.

Decisons were made and on with the game,and they were spot on.The games flowed back and forth,like footy should.

The video ref should be flung into the sea and banished,never to return,it is a blight on our game.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
This is really bizarre. I think people must just see what they want to see. I was watching with 2 other people (all 3 of us wanted the Storm to win) and yet for mine, on every replay it was clear as day that Hoffman knocked on. He jumped to catch the ball and got the first touch, knocking it on with his arm.

The 2 other people in the room seemed to be totally blind to this, as did the commentators. Correct call imo.

If you want to see bad video ref decisions, I can give you 3 or 4 against the Warriors in recent years that were blatantly wrong. This one was a 50/50 call at worst (judging by people's reactions), but imo a clear knock-on and correct decision. Indeed, perhaps the worst video ref call of the year was a no-try decision against Brent Webb against the Storm earlier this year. So maybe it was karma....

Latest posts