What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get rid of the video ref....

BWNB

First Grade
f**ken hell... The ref cost Melbourne any chance they had at winning that game!

dragonfire

Bench
well i must be blind because i saw it come off Hoffman's head, yes his arm knocked Hodges but he was going for the ball. You also have the blind ref who let Berrigan get a penalty when he lost the ball and run the most obvious shepard i have seen again resulting in 2 points because he slipped into a tackle. Then Hodges knocking the ball into touch. In the grand final the video ref really needs to ensure that calls that are that big go the right way. The Storm have gotten some of the worst calls of the year in their most important match of the year. I don't support either team but the reffing was abismal (sp?) and Simpkins needs to go back to ref school ASAP

BWNB

First Grade
1.Berrigans penalty WTF
2.Kings no try
3. Ball ruled out off a melbourne player when clearly it hit Hodges

MEATWAD

Juniors
melbourne were absolutely robbed. don't forget berrigans sheppard and fat hodgo tapping the ball over the sideline.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
If the refs don't have a massive shake up in the off season i'm giving up watching. How can they get such important decisions so wrong?

Ridders

Coach
even if it did come of hoffman's arm (which it didn't) why did brisbane get the ball...hodges knocked it on therefore shoulda been at the least scrum to melbourne...while i'm happy that webke got his farewell, the couple of ref blunders sours the win in my mind

BWNB

First Grade
broncos_are_the_best said:
You's are just pure jealous

2006 Nrl Premiers The Mighty Broncos whoah!!!!!

Watch the game again and then you will see how Melbourne were ripped off...Games over nothing much you can do but...

I have been dead against the video ref for ages and until now very few people have agreed with me, but surely after tonight people will realise how pointless and damaging it is to the game. I have never liked Simpkins as a ref, but I do not believe he is a cheat or anything like that. He and his touch judges made mistakes tonight but I can excuse a referee mistake. But a video referee should never make such an obviously wrong call. It's past time to get rid of them. Just watch as it does not happen.

PS Well done Broncos. They won the game and that's what counts.

jamesgould

Juniors
East Coast Tiger said:
I have been dead against the video ref for ages and until now very few people have agreed with me, but surely after tonight people will realise how pointless and damaging it is to the game. I have never liked Simpkins as a ref, but I do not believe he is a cheat or anything like that. He and his touch judges made mistakes tonight but I can excuse a referee mistake. But a video referee should never make such an obviously wrong call. It's past time to get rid of them. Just watch as it does not happen.

PS Well done Broncos. They won the game and that's what counts.

After seeing the in-goal refs come up with one good call after another in the two lower grade games, without waiting 2 minutes for each decision, I am inclined to agree.