What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get to Wollongong this Friday night.

Ricardo

Juniors
I have been coping it from my work mates who are all mad Broncos supporters how they are going to smash us on Fri night :roll:
I can't wait for Sat morning to rub in the victory ;-)

Doug2234

First Grade
lucky man doug, getting the day off, i have to drive down there from willoughby, i have no idea how long it will take, anyone withe quickest way for me to get there would be appreciated, i usally go over the bridge, then not sure if the m5 is any good.

M5 is normally smashed during peak hours travelling west!! I get a golden run through Ryde, Silverwater, Bankstown and Menai on my way to Sutherland then down the highway! Could be a shot as I know through Kogarah / Aiport can get kinda busy

Doug2234

First Grade
BIG PAT - you can always do the below

Supporter Bus
The St George Illawarra Dragons will provide a bus service to the game this weekend at WIN Stadium, Wollongong. The bus will depart from the St George Leagues Club, Kogarah at 4.00pm on Friday August 21, 2009.

Tickets for the bus can be purchased at the Kogarah Dragons Office on Level 1 of the St George Leagues Club. Tickets are limited and subject to availability so pre-booking is essential, preferably with pre-payment. Please note we also reserve the right to cancel buses if numbers are not viable and will make every attempt to contact you on the phone number provided by you to the club (upon booking) to notify you if this is the case.

As a Red V Member you are entitled to a special discount. Ticket prices are as follows:
Adult - $22.00
Concession - $16.50
RED V MEMBER ADULT - $16.50
RED V CONCESSION - $13.20

For more information on the Buses or to pre-book please contact Sarah in Kogarah on (02) 9587-1966.

The Major

Bench
Hey Pat. My suggestion would be to do the motorways dash from Willoughby. You dont wanna risk getting caught in gridlock cutting through the city. Go down the M2 onto M7 onto the Hume Highway and turn left on Picton Rd. Thats the way i go and has not served me foul ever. No traffic lights til you get to the Maccas where you turn right at the bottom of the mountain in the Gong.

big pat

Coach
Hey Pat. My suggestion would be to do the motorways dash from Willoughby. You dont wanna risk getting caught in gridlock cutting through the city. Go down the M2 onto M7 onto the Hume Highway and turn left on Picton Rd. Thats the way i go and has not served me foul ever. No traffic lights til you get to the Maccas where you turn right at the bottom of the mountain in the Gong.

thanks ray, i would never have about going that way.

dragondad

First Grade
I'm tempted to follow the M2/M7 way as I think I'll be caught in traffic if I head down the Princes Highway. I also think I've got a good chance of getting lost! Any chance of really specific directions.?
I am guessing that if I get onto the M2, the signposting to the M7 is clear. Then, I am hoping that there is a clear sign to Picton Rd. If I make it this far, will I reach Wollongong easily? How long will this all take? Reassure me that it is worth my while navigating Sydney's roads after 5.30 pm!

STG-MACCA

Bench
Once your on the M2, you can't miss the M7 as it funnels you straight onto it (you actually need to exit at Seven Hills to miss the M7).

Once your heading along the M7, keep going to the end (the last exit is the Prestons turn off, and there is a massive Pallet suppliers building painted very brightly (left) and also the new Aldi distribution centre (right) - these are massive, if you miss them, don't bother at win coz you won't see anything).

Once your tag beeps, keep going straight, don't take the far left lane or you end up on the M5 heading east.

The next exit is Camden Valley way, I would keep going to you reach Picton Rd (Parachute jump site) and that takes you all the way to the top of Bulli by-pass and your in Wollongong.

Travel time I'm not sure about, but it's roughly 25 mins from M4 to M5 and then about the same maybe 30 mins to Picton Rd. From this turnoff, it will take you another 30 mins to Wollongong.

So approx 1 hr 25 mins + travel time from where ever you are on the M2 to the M4 (overpass).

Hope this helps, and you think of me whilst I'm sitting at a 21st :(

dragondad

First Grade
STG-Macca, that's great. I'll print this out and give it to my son. Then, if I miss any turn offs, I can blame him. I'll make sure I think of you occasionally!

big pat

Coach
STG-Macca, that's great. I'll print this out and give it to my son. Then, if I miss any turn offs, I can blame him. I'll make sure I think of you occasionally!

just a tip be careful when you get onto the top of mount ousley, its 80kms, and sometimes their is a radar gun there, and another kilometre or two is a camera not sure which direction,if you don't speed you will be ok.

johnopaul

Juniors
hey guys,

if anyone needs some hill tickets, ive got 5 spare adults tickets, $10 each for dragon supporters :)

if not ill get rid of them once iam there.

Last edited:

big pat

Coach
whats happening to the weather looks a bit dull outside, anyone in the gong does it look like raining.

Last edited:

Latest posts