What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get to Wollongong this Friday night.

slipperykinchela

First Grade
interesting that the final game against the eels at kogarah has sold more tickets than this fridays match against the broncos in the gong

big pat

Coach
i've manage to rest the car away from the minister of war, so i can drive straight after work, told her to train it for once, hopefully its a bumper crowd.

im with thommo 4 pm,this is a game we must pack the ground out and give the team great support,i cant wait it should be a cracker,im coming down from newcastle,as thommo said everyone wants to see us fail especially the media,lets stick it right up these pricks and get their and be loud and proud,GO YOU MIGHTY DRAGONS.

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Tickets are going fast.

Availability: Category 1 Alloc. Exhausted Category 2 Single seats only Category 3 Single seats only Standing Hill Available

saints_fireup

Juniors
I agree. Anything under ground capacity will be disappointing. We are leading the competition and this is game may establish our platform for heading into the finals.

What is ground capacity there nowadays? 21,000?

Could our "poor" support at Wollongong be due to the weather? The last couple of years I've been to Wollongong for this match (vs Broncos) the weather has been fairly shocking (windy/rainy/freakin' cold).

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
I agree. Anything under ground capacity will be disappointing. We are leading the competition and this is game may establish our platform for heading into the finals.

What is ground capacity there nowadays? 21,000?

The capacity is 20,000, but we have not gotten anywhere close to that since the first finals week against the sharks in 2005, where the crowd wad about 19,700 or thereabout..no jokes u couldn't even move on the hill every1 had to stand!!

STG-MACCA

Bench
I don't think it is 20K, the last time I can recall reading about capacity, I believe Wollongong was 19K and Kogarah was 21,500 (however achieving these figures is near impossible due to hills).

Godz Illa

Coach
Could our "poor" support at Wollongong be due to the weather?
The support down there has been pretty good this year. WIN has hosted some of the lowest-drawing away teams in the comp - Gold Coast, Warriors, Cowboys - and still turned out decent numbers.

I was down in the Gong on Sunday visiting friends and there was already a bit of buzz about the Broncos game. Should be a good crowd

Saint Angelo

Juniors
This is from the WIN stadium website:

Capacity: 20,000

Record Crowd:
19,608 - NRL Semi Final Game
St George Dragons vs Cronulla Sharks 12th September 2005

I do recall going to a Dragons vs Roosters match a while back at WIN (possibly 1999) where I was on the hill and the crowd was packed in like sardines.

http://www.wec.org.au/win_stadium.aspx

gregstar

Referee
i'm driving down from brissie to watch this game, then driving home the following day.

we'd better f*cking win.

Dragon

Coach
Picked up 8 hill tickets earlier, the lady said there was nothing left in any of the stands. Surely there would be some single seats though.

SaintTPP

First Grade
Picked up 8 hill tickets earlier, the lady said there was nothing left in any of the stands. Surely there would be some single seats though.
You know what, the amount of times they say 'nothing is left' when there are single seats left, kills my life. For example for the the GF tickets she kept on saying 'NONE LEFT" and getting rude untill I demanded to see the screen. I asked her 'what are these', and she said 'single seats', and I bought them....only after her sturggling to realise I didnt care if they were in diff rows and diff sides as I new we had all the seats around them in our group buy for the GF Tickets. The old woman still had a smirk on her face as I was paying as if to say that I had no clue I just bought 4 single seats in completely different spots in the bay.........rant over lol.

I wish I could go on Fri but I have my sis 21st and its not just a backyard party or a hall party....its at a reception and formal affair so no way I can get there late after the footy as I would have done for anything else.

SaintTPP

First Grade
they probably think no one goes to the footy on their own.
Yeh I know, thats why I made it clear but still they didn't answer my question! Oh well, I got them after a little while :D And they were smack bang in the middle of all of us like I had hoped.

Doug2234

First Grade
Ill be there for sure!!

Having Friday off just so i can cruise down just before lunch and have a feed somewhere in Wollongong.... Oooo i hear Outback Steakhouse

Last edited:

big pat

Coach
lucky man doug, getting the day off, i have to drive down there from willoughby, i have no idea how long it will take, anyone withe quickest way for me to get there would be appreciated, i usally go over the bridge, then not sure if the m5 is any good.

Latest posts