What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GF..

SaintTPP

First Grade
I think the best idea is to go to any ticketek that is easiest.

Everyone will know where to buy and everyone should organise Member
cards and people to come to the ticketek.

For example Macca and myself are going to go with 4 other people
and purchase the max amount of tickets (8 each). We will have to start
to find another 12 Member cards to make this possible though.

We will send out the email to everyone with the details soon.

DP how many GF Tickets do you need? 2 or 4? (if 2 can we borrow your
2nd card lol).

Last edited:
Dad and me will go to the city box office

We have 4 membership cards and require 5 tickets - that leaves 3 spares

If anyone wants to donate their card/s so we have another 4 for a total of 8, that means we'll have 11 spare tickets

Dragon Dave

Bench
As I said, happy to give someone my card but I'm not available to get to a box office. If someone wants to get me 1 ticket I can arrange to get my card to you.

SaintTPP

First Grade
I'll take your's too Dragon dave if I can have the other tciket lol :).

I'll PM you closer to the date to come around and get it from you. Thanks.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
How does it work for people who don't have Red V Membership (e.g. me)? Do I just try to sort it out myself in the General Public free-for-all?

boxa777

Coach
How does it work for people who don't have Red V Membership (e.g. me)? Do I just try to sort it out myself in the General Public free-for-all?

One of the additional benefits of the membership (apart from supporting the team that you love) is that you don't have to subject yourself to the free-for-all. I still don't understand why people don't get memberships if it is feasible to do so financially.

I think I read once that the reason you don't get membership is because of the way the club is run? Seems petty given the many positives at the moment.

SaintTPP

First Grade
Sorry DR, we won't have any spare tickets this year. Only way to get one with us will be to ask someone else (organise it) to get one for you. They were all gone before it went to the public last year. I think I got 4 separate tickets (single seats) when they went to public sale though so you may be able to.

SaintTPP

First Grade
I still think we should start a new thread asking people for any 'spare' cards then if someone need's it they can organise with the person.

I need spare card's if anyone has any PM me, Macca and I will drive to pick them up from you then drop them back off the Tues night.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
No worries! In general I don't think about the GF until if we get there anyway ... and at that stage, if you really want to go, you can go ..

One of the additional benefits of the membership (apart from supporting the team that you love) is that you don't have to subject yourself to the free-for-all. I still don't understand why people don't get memberships if it is feasible to do so financially.

I think I read once that the reason you don't get membership is because of the way the club is run? Seems petty given the many positives at the moment.
Correct in relation to my reason.

I disagree with a number of things going on at the club .. the fact that we secured a brilliant coach was certainly a coup, but I will never base the decision to buy membership to the club on team results on the field. Ultimately, unless we win Grand Finals, results are completely irrelevant, as I will support the club just the same whether we win or lose, and I will love the club just as much. Pretty sure doing the opposite of that is the definition of bandwagon supporters.

My anger/frustration/disappointment/sadness is directed towards a number of things which still show no signs of improving, most notably:

1) General refusal of the club to listen to current Red V Members' opinions, take them on board and institute change. Apparently they know what's best for the supporters .. not the supporters. Simple things like not including a scarf in the membership pack when almost everyone has said they would prefer a scarf to a hat are symptomatic of the deeper issue. If I am a member, I want to be heard, not just seen (or viewed as a number on a paper document).

2) Intention of club management to ignore the history of the club prior to 1999. I was only born in 1988, but I have read all the books about the early days, tracked down films etc .. St George was my club as a kid, and whilst St George Illawarra is my club today, unfortunately recognition of the original club's history is very weak at best. Illawarra's club history gets recognised more than St George's these days (jersey etc aside), and I find that deeply disappointing. I find it even more disappointing that our CEO publicly stated "In 20 years nobody will remember St George" a few years ago. As yet, there has been no public apology to our fans for that statement, and there has been no inclination that his views are in fact any different .. today it appears he is merely kept silent by a coach who seems to run this club at the moment (and one doing a fine job of that).

These are the critical elements for me. The on-field performance is a bonus, but I loved supporting the club no less during our horrific 2007 season than I did during 2005 and 2006, or during 2009 and 2010.

If it means I miss out on priority access to Grand Final tickets, then so be it. If I have to pay a scalper double price to get a ticket in the nose-bleed section, so be it. I go to bed at night feeling comfortable with myself for supporting the club that I love, but not supporting the board of directors who run that club!

boxa777

Coach
I need spare card's if anyone has any PM me, Macca and I will drive to pick them up from you then drop them back off the Tues night.

Will finalise some definitive numbers over the next few days and let you guys know. We'll only be buying about 8-12 tickets for ourselves but have a minimum of 10 cards, potentially more.

I'll let you guys know.

DR, I'm not doubting your support. I just think that you have embellished the perceived deficiencies of the club.

Last edited:

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
boxa - which point of the two do you believe to be exaggerated?

I think most supporters either don't care about those issues, or overlook them as insignificant. Their choice, doesn't make them less of a supporter of the team, just to me they are critical in my choice.

boxa777

Coach
But you still attend games right so you are still putting money back into the club. What's the difference exactly?

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
And depending on how many games I go to, some years I will pay more than a Season Ticket holder to watch the same matches.

The difference isn't the financial aspect .. it's the emotional one. In a sense, I feel vindicated in my silent protest, even though the club doesn't give a toss because they still get the cash from selling me a match day ticket anyway.