What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Ghostbusters' reboot will reportedly feature an ass-kicking team of women

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
:lol:

Very sad. Reboots and films with unique selling points. Now they're just combining the two to save time.

Hollywood isn't evil, just lazy.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I've always thought Ghostbusters is a series that could do quite well getting a reboot.

Though after just reading those rumours I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Please please please let it not be true :pray:

Danish

Referee
Melissa McCarthy is the female Zach Galifianakis. Funny in 1 movie and now spending the rest of their career shoehorning the exact same jokes into every movie they make because they have nothing else.

The only thing is be comfortable with her playing in a ghostbusters movie would be the stay puft marshmallow man

Parra

Referee
That's what ghostbusters was missing - sassiness.

Why not call it Fox Force Five ?

T.S Quint

Coach
Well my friends, TMNT was one of my childhood victims, killed in 2007 with that pathetic animated movie, and it's been further killed by yet another reboot of itself this year.

Now, it's Ghost Busters turn ](*,)

Hollywood is evil, EVIL I TELL YA :fist:

Have you seen the new TMNT?
It hasn't been released yet. Just assuming are you?

Besides....have you actually seen any of the old cartoon or the old live action movies recently? I loved them when i was a kid, but the new one couldn't be any worse than those pieces of garbage.

T.S Quint

Coach
in saying that i'd rather them just make ghostbusters 3, instead of a remake/reboot. maybe make dana to be the 4th ghostbuster to replace the guy who died in real life (Egon Spengler)

there is no dana, only zuul :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg7MAacSPNM

This.
They don't even have to have any of the old Ghostbusters (apart from some small roles), but they can continue the story they set up.
If they want women to be on the team then fine, but does it have to be all women just for the sake of it? Why not 2 men and 2 women? Or even 3 women and 1 man. That could lead to a more interesting dynamic.

LESStar58

Referee
Source 1: http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/3/5964365/ghostbusters-3-female-cast

Source 2: http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-08/04/ghostbusters-reboot

Well my friends, TMNT was one of my childhood victims, killed in 2007 with that pathetic animated movie, and it's been further killed by yet another reboot of itself this year.

Now, it's Ghost Busters turn ](*,)

Hollywood is evil, EVIL I TELL YA :fist:

If memory serves the third film was meant to feature Eliza Dushku and Anna Farriss

perverse

Referee
I must be the only one that doesn't have any problem at all with an all-female team of Ghostbusters. Why does everyone actually have a problem with this?

At least they're taking a risk, something that Hollywood traditionally shy from. It could be very good. I don't think the concept of a female team, in itself, makes this a bad idea for a movie. I'd prefer they take a few risks and see where it lands rather the rolling out a reboot that's exactly the same as the original movies (which have aged very well, in my opinion, and are still relevant as they are).

The other reason I think a very fresh direction is a good idea is that Ramis is gone now, and he was Ghostbusters, along with Aykroyd. If they're going to do it, they need a very fresh spin on it, because trying to recreate or emulate the originals is going to be impossible without Ramis in front or behind the cameras.

Last edited:

T.S Quint

Coach
I'm not against an all-female team per se, I just don't want them to do it just for the sake of doing it.
And if it involves Melissa McCarthy (which you just know they are already thinking of it) then I'm not going to be happy. I just don't think she's funny.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Have you seen the new TMNT?
It hasn't been released yet. Just assuming are you?

Besides....have you actually seen any of the old cartoon or the old live action movies recently? I loved them when i was a kid, but the new one couldn't be any worse than those pieces of garbage.

As a matter of fact I love the live action TMNT that was made in 1990. I can watch that night after night. The one in 2007... puke! Pure puke. No I haven't seen the new one (yet), but the reviews aren't all that positive, and 22,500 users on IMDb gave it a 6.4/10 whereas it's 1990 counterpart scored 6.7/10 from 57,879 users.

Do the maths.

Bulldog Force

Referee
The other reason I think a very fresh direction is a good idea is that Ramis is gone now, and he was Ghostbusters, along with Aykroyd. If they're going to do it, they need a very fresh spin on it, because trying to recreate or emulate the originals is going to be impossible without Ramis in front or behind the cameras.

Mate you said it yourself - Ramis was Ghostbusters. Without him in it or behind the scenes, you know it's going to suck.