What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giants and Nathan Brown

Dragons1990

Juniors
He has alot of pottential but he had some of the best dragons teams over the years and he never delivered the good.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
He served his 'apprenticeship' of six years in the NRL with some of the best troops at his disposal.

I'll lay odds that Huddersfield will reap the benefits of that experience.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
i think he will be a ripper of a coach, his ready to step up.
his not coaching his mates that will help

Fartowner

Juniors
Thanks for the info, wide range of views, only to be expected, l take the general view he should have started his coaching career somewhare else, bossing your mates is a big ask. The Giants squad on the whole are a young bunch, lots of talent but have under performed, our imports this year are Brett Hodgson and Todd Carney, and l,m now more than pleased to have Brown as our Coach, Thanks again.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Fartowner, I'm pretty sure the general view is we wish Brownie the best. He was, after all, a popular fellow in some quarters (less than popular in other quarters).

Unfortunately he pushed the favourite son tag to the limit and beyond.

I suspect that same general view is glad to see him departing to the green pastures of the northern frontiers.

Nathan Brown's legacy is that was thrusted into the job well before he was ready. He was presented with a premiership winning team in '05. A better coach would have at least guided them to the grand final, but it wasn't to be.

He was given one final shot in '08 but made a positional blunder in naming a dud five eighth over a proven performer... reportedly he succummbed to peer group pressure.

I have no doubt that Brownie will prove to be a positive appointment to Huddersfield... and good luck to him.

dragonfan1

Juniors
Time will tell whether huddersfield will benefit from brown. Brett hodgson and carney are great signings but talented players aren't always gonna win you premierships as seen by the dragons in 05/06. I don't really watch super league much but all the best for brown and huddersfield.

j0nesy

Bench
As you know Nathan will be our coach next season, would like to know your views on him.?

I think he has matured in to a good coach. As other's have mentioned he has a tendancy to succumb to the wishes of the senior team members, but starting afresh with a young squad may rid him of that.

I believe it was reported here that Browny was responsible for Carney's signing. Carney is a very good signing for you guys, provided he can stay out of the media limelight.

All in all, I'd say Carney, Hodgson and Brown are very astute singings.

Wicks

Juniors
He is among the best talent spotters in Australia and that is where he will end up when he has got over the coaching bug

Go Nulla

Bench
As you know Nathan will be our coach next season, would like to know your views on him.?

Brown is a Dragon through and through and therefore pal I'd be counting the days until he leaves. Just like the Stains supporters having been doing this year. He is useless.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Troll stages:

1. He starts trying to hijack other threads.... this is where it begins....
2. Next, like the hypocrite, he'll whinge about equally dopey trolls in the sharks forum.
3. Then he'll cry foul.
4. Then he'll just cry...

Last edited:

Potsie

Juniors
Useless coach. We should have had premierships no: 16 and 17 during his reign.

I am so glad he is gooooone!!!