What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gibbs downgrade unsuccesful

nomarg

LOAD OF BS!

thurston kicks a bloke in tha face- gets nothing not even a pen-

Gibs conceeds a 8 point try and 3 weeks......

sando88

Not a Moderator
fmd. if gibbs gets 3 weeks, soward should be getting 12 weeks for his biting the f**kn lil prick. what bout the 4 man crusher tackle on tui thats leavin him out for rest of the yr. f**k i hate the nrl. its never gonna be fair. they need some fans on the board. if its gonna help ill put my hand up and take the flack if they want. but let me have my say

gronkathon

First Grade
Terrible decision.

Hindmarsh slideing knees to Lockyers head is worse than what Gibbs did apparantly?

Last edited:

Spot

Juniors
Hindmarsh is a cleanskin "its not his go". Gibbs is a known meat head, so it must "be his go" hence the three weeks

nomarg

Maybe they will bring Laurie back into the fold now :D
He was never going to get a downgrade

If Gibbs had half as much of a go as Laurie did..... wed be in the 8 now...

I'd would be great if Laurie could turn the last couple of games of the bench. Could be the extra Mongrel that we need

westie

Bench
I don't care what he did last week, losing one of our few prop forwards can never be a good thing.

Gibbs more often than not only ever raises questions from me.

Like:

What did he do that for?

What was he thinking?

How many penalties is that now he has given away?

Didn't he get penalised for that last week and the week before that?

Then you realise, that last week he played 60 minutes straight, had some good runs, run down Hayne in cover defense and was strong in defense in general.

If he could only smarten up, you would think after 6 years under Sheens it may have occurred.

You can not put brains in statues my friends.

Bubbles

AussieSmithy

Juniors
LOAD OF BS!

thurston kicks a bloke in tha face- gets nothing not even a pen-

Gibs conceeds a 8 point try and 3 weeks......

Wasn't the Thurston-dog-act-kick-in-the-face where the 8-point try in Origin was awarded?

But, on the Gibbs effort, Slater pulls this sh*t every week. But, if you're not associated with Bellamy, Bennett or the annointed fairytale team (ie. Parra) you get made an example of.

b.bear

Juniors
Wasn't the Thurston-dog-act-kick-in-the-face where the 8-point try in Origin was awarded?

But, on the Gibbs effort, Slater pulls this sh*t every week. But, if you're not associated with Bellamy, Bennett or the annointed fairytale team (ie. Parra) you get made an example of.

totally true and that comes with referee decisions on field too...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
what bout the 4 man crusher tackle on tui thats leavin him out for rest of the yr.
lol, from my recollection there were 2 maybe 3 people at most making that tackle

and it wasn't a crusher tackle, he fell awkwardly. If he had've submitted in the tackle immediately he never would have got injured.

But submission isn't a strategy for Tuiaki, which is why he's so f**king good.

Unfortunately it comes with a price sometimes.

RoMo

Juniors
The penalty he gave away for lying in the ruck was a great bit of play. They busted us, he made the tackle, feigned an injury, slowed the play and avoided the bin. We're being a bit harsh. Yes it was a penalty conceded but it was by far the lesser of 2 evils

Latest posts