What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gibbs on footy show

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Did anyone watch the Footy Show last night?

For anyone who didnt, Bryce Gibbs came on the show to do the "Perfect Partners" segment.

Fatty asked him "what would you rate your wife's cooking out of 10?"

Gibbs answered "2. if I got a can of dog food and put it next to her cooking I couldnt tell the difference." I honestly almost fell off my chair in laughter at that- he is one funny bloke.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Are you serious? I wasn't laughing, how f**kin' disrespectful and childish. I thought that it was really poor taste and in light of the drama's the club copped with Bird and Ike and the whole RL culture of the ill treatment of women.. ???

I expect him to get dragged across the coals and forced to apologise.

azzah72

Bench
Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Special K

Coach
I think his original answer was "dog shit in a can? a two?"... I found it very funny as did my girlfriend.

He is such a rascal our Gibbsy!

Stuff

Juniors
Its a poorly scripted, 'Hey Hey its Saturday' style variety show with a vague rugby league theme. He's a known joker. I'm sure his missus was expecting a serve. Perhaps not a serving of dog food but a serve nonetheless.

Stinkler

Juniors
It was a train wreck.
Gibbs is a funny dude, but I'm not sure if he realises that everyone is taking the piss, and laughing at him not with him.

I could have done without hearing the story of Benji's chopping board, a nail and a hammer and his old fella.

Special K

Coach
Gibbs is a funny dude, but I'm not sure if he realises that everyone is taking the piss, and laughing at him not with him.
I often think it is the other way around. Gibbs often takes the piss out of people with his "stupid" comments without them noticing and them just thinking he is an idiot. Check out his twitter account... Funny guy

Dareman FTW

wolverine

Juniors
At the time I was laughing but then thought...if that was my GF? She would be majorly pissed off and hurt. Dumb guy

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Embarrassed to say I saw the footy show for the first time this year....dont bother lame as ever. Gibbsy is obviously an out and out joker. 90% of what he said was farkin funny and about 10% was a bit over the line. You expect that sort of shit on the footy show and after 10pm at night don't think it would have offended too many people.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
At the time I was laughing but then thought...if that was my GF? She would be majorly pissed off and hurt. Dumb guy
Probably wouldn't say that sort of shit about my missus but I'm sure Gibbsy's missus has heard worse out of him. Childhood sweethearts that have been together since 16 years old and only got married last year.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
i found the Gibbs segment quite funny

the story on John Mannah was pretty touching as well.

Real shame his cancer came back, I was looking forward to seeing him play with his brother at parra.

Weaponhead

Coach
The home made vasectomy bit made the eyes water. Imagine a nail, hammer, cutting board, wedding tackle and a dare from a some mates and you a train wreck on national TV