What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Girls at footy games

gaterooze

Bench
I keep hearing people say that women make up a good proportion of AFL crowds, but NRL crowds are almost all men. Like this in the SMH:

"Girls flock to AFL games. They loved the Rugby World Cup. All his dreams of luring them into league may come to nothing."

But from my experience (mostly in Newcastle), women/girls make up almost half of the crowd, I'd estimate 40%. That includes a lot of teeny-boppers and a bunch of grannies. I will say that away team fans seem to be mostly male, however.

What are people's observations from other clubs? The games I've seen in Sydney seemed to be about the same.

AuckMel

Bench
There's always plenty of ladies at the Storms home games, and certainly at the Warriors.

choc_soldier

Coach
At Penrith, there is quite an even split between the sexes, maybe around 60/40 in favour of the males.

And there are a lot of young familes there too.

MEE

Juniors
We need more chick fans and less girls that just do laps of the ground all day/night.

Risa

Bench
People who do that at Marathon annoy me. Especially when we had the grass hill which will be no more. I mean when they walk past they block your view. Fingers crossed with the new grandstand that won't happen for those people there!

~knights~

Juniors
Oh yeah :lol:

I'm all rugged up in my scarf and jacket trying to watch the game.

These girls wear skimpy little outfits when its 5 degrees outside :lol:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Pazza said:
i see plenty of girls at league games.

good lookin ones too :D

sh*t yeah, especially at Campbelltown last night 8)

They come to the games, cause of the good looking footballers. So I reckon get all the pretty boys in the NRL, so we get more chicks. :D

wittyfan

Referee
PARRA_FAN said:
They come to the games, cause of the good looking footballers. So I reckon get all the pretty boys in the NRL, so we get more chicks. :D

The Sharks do their bit with pretty boys like Sully, Birdy and Matt Hilder. Parramatta only have Michael Witt and John Morris.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
sullyfan said:
PARRA_FAN said:

The Sharks do their bit with pretty boys like Sully, Birdy and Matt Hilder. Parramatta only have Michael Witt and John Morris.

Cant wait till the Sharks play Parrramatta at Parramatta :p ;-) :D

Montz

Juniors
Girls are getting more into Rugby league, and the game is accommodating for it too, we have a large selection of tops and other items like g-strings. A few teams are getting into ladies jerseys, which i think is a great idea. I think the percentage is about 60 males 40 women.

the_knights_rule

First Grade
~knights~ said:

lol yeah i always see girls like that! im sitting there with bout 5 layers on and they have a sleeve less top on :roll:
it gets really annoying that so many girls go to the footy to walk around and go home not even knowing the score as im a 15 yr old girl and people ask me if i actually follow the sport or go just to check out guys.
im definatley one teenage girl that goes for the game and so do my friends

KulaShaker

Juniors
I'm with you..it's really bad at Shark Park, because so many girls I know from school go there and do laps and they're like "come check out the guys with us!" but I'd rather get my $8 (or whatever) worth

Montz

Juniors
the_knights_rule said:
~knights~ said:

lol yeah i always see girls like that! im sitting there with bout 5 layers on and they have a sleeve less top on :roll:
it gets really annoying that so many girls go to the footy to walk around and go home not even knowing the score as im a 15 yr old girl and people ask me if i actually follow the sport or go just to check out guys.
im definatley one teenage girl that goes for the game and so do my friends

at the 7's last year, went with 3 friends, myself and anther decked out in raiders gear, other 2 were head to toe in Knights gear, and guys were coming up to us, and asking us out, and actually said "did you guys really come here for the Footy?" they were pretty slow types lol

Latest posts