What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glen Mills Bulls News

Tomahawk

Staff member
After a huge disagreement with players and management of the Glen Mills Bulls about the 2006 Grand Final, everyone has finally came to agreement to solve the problem and move on. This is the reason I have not posted in a while. At their annual Christmas party key players and management worked out a compromise. Here is some of the compromise;

1. The Glen Mills Bull team will no longer exist.
2. The Grand Final will be bided out, and it will not be played at Glen Mills.
3. A new team will be formed, and will fill the spot of the Glen Mills team.
4. Dave Nui will no longer be able to play for a team in the AMNRL.
5. A committee will be formed of 5 Players/Management and the CEO of the league will be the tiebreaker for any tied votes, and will discuss and vote on things such as final schedule, Grand Final Venues, and disciplinary actions.

More is to come on this issue.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Gee i hope this is positive news because i feel uneasy about this Tomahawk...

David Nui has done a lot for rugby league in the States....are you pushing him out of the playing side of the game for a reason?

roopy

Referee
I have to say that league needs to grow past the Glen Mills influence, and i hope this is the start of that.
I'd actually like to see two teams come out of any split though, and maybe one playing in each conference.

BatiFan

Juniors
Roopy - instead of looking to create 2 new teams from the disbanding of Glen Mills, why not look to spread the talented players to nearby clubs like Philadelphia Fight and Delaware Mantarays? I think making the league stronger and shifting the better players to exisiting clubs is the way to go rather than looking to sprout out 2 new ones and leaving exisiting clubs like the Fight and Mantarays to continue to struggle.

roopy

Referee
BatiFan said:
Roopy - instead of looking to create 2 new teams from the disbanding of Glen Mills, why not look to spread the talented players to nearby clubs like Philadelphia Fight and Delaware Mantarays? I think making the league stronger and shifting the better players to exisiting clubs is the way to go rather than looking to sprout out 2 new ones and leaving exisiting clubs like the Fight and Mantarays to continue to struggle.
That makes a lot of sense too.
all in all, i think it will be positive if the Bulls don't have such a strangle hold on the comp as they do now.

pennpool

Juniors
i dont know the reasons for what has happened but i feel that what has been wrote on this page has left a lot of questions about the league and the international set up un answered. before we worry about were the few 30 players from glenn mills will play lets worry about the league.
its my opinion that this announcment should have been made more official and with a lot more information. its also my opinion that it should have been put up on the amnrl web page before anyone put it on a web forum.

is this an amnrl official who wrote this?
is this an official amnrl statement?
is this first hand knowledge?
is this the full TRUTH?

who will be the voter's for new officials?
when will this take place?

what happens with the us team now?
were do they practice?
what standard of facilities are they going to have available?
who is in charge of team managment?
who finds the team a coach?
who is in charge of travel issues for the w c q's?
who is in charge of fixtures?
who is in charge of selections?

if this is true fact then to say that anyone player can not play for a amnrl team for what ever reason other than serious on field mis conduct is rediculous and complete bullsh1t cause after all its an amature league.
to banish any one person from the amnrl especially one that has done so much is also rediculous.

the one truth i do find in this is that if glenn mills are no longer ,then the new team will find it difficult to field 26 - 30 players due to work commitments and also may struggle to find foreign players accomadation and work.

probably more to follow from me but for now TOMAHAWK i feel ther are some questions you need to answer before this rumour mill kicks off.

bartman

Immortal
In fairness his post did say more to come on this issue...

Looking at point 5, a lot of sports choose have their CEO as a non-voting board member for various reasons. From recollection David Nui is the CEO of the league (and EO of Glen Mills), so point 4 indicates that there might have been a perception of a conflict of interest and this is the agreed way of sorting it out?

I know absolutely zero about any background or the AMNRL, but points 4 and 5 might also be related to the reason why info hasn't filtered onto the official site as well - might only be certain people who had access to do that, and now that might take time to change?

Tomahawk

Staff member
pennpool;

All the answers I can answer at this time are in Bold Print.

pennpool said:
i dont know the reasons for what has happened but i feel that what has been wrote on this page has left a lot of questions about the league and the international set up un answered. before we worry about were the few 30 players from glenn mills will play lets worry about the league.
its my opinion that this announcment should have been made more official and with a lot more information. its also my opinion that it should have been put up on the amnrl web page before anyone put it on a web forum.

Have you seen the AMNRL Website get updated right after womething happened. Everything is still in the works, and it is not 100% done, but is going to happen. So let me try to answer your questions.

is this an amnrl official who wrote this? I was at the X-mas party were some of the former Glen Mills players and management talked out the problems. So is this official, no, but it will happen.
is this an official amnrl statement? Not official yet, but alot is done and alot is still in process.
is this first hand knowledge? I was one of the people involved.
is this the full TRUTH? You can believe what you want to be the truth. By your post you don't believe it is true anyway.

who will be the voter's for new officials? No clue, still needs to be discussed.
when will this take place? By the beginning of the 2007 season.

what happens with the us team now? Will still be the same.
were do they practice? Not Glen Mills, so new venue will be found.
what standard of facilities are they going to have available? I do not know.
who is in charge of team managment? Couple are people have been mentioned. 2 of them being Australian.
who finds the team a coach? Maybe a former player who has moved onto the coaching ranks.
who is in charge of travel issues for the w c q's? Dave Nui and team management.
who is in charge of fixtures?
who is in charge of selections? International Dave Nui

if this is true fact then to say that anyone player can not play for a amnrl team for what ever reason other than serious on field mis conduct is rediculous and complete bullsh1t cause after all its an amature league.
to banish any one person from the amnrl especially one that has done so much is also rediculous.

Dave Nui has reached an age in his life that he needs to give playing a rest. Dave has been thinking this for recent years, but ends up playing every year. Some of the things that are in the works Dave will not have to play for a team. Also Dave was preasured into playing with the Bulls.

the one truth i do find in this is that if glenn mills are no longer ,then the new team will find it difficult to field 26 - 30 players due to work commitments and also may struggle to find foreign players accomadation and work.

I think the new team will be fine, and will field 17+ players a match. They have alot of support from their NRL partnership team, which is going to try to help them win an AMNRL championship their first year. They will be a powerhouse and a team to be feared.

probably more to follow from me but for now TOMAHAWK i feel ther are some questions you need to answer before this rumour mill kicks off.

Like I said more is to come. I still need to sit down with Dave. Alot more will be none after the holidays.

bartman

Immortal
Glad to hear it doesn't sound like anything to sinister has happened. Just seems like planning for the future, in light of when someone who's had such an influence calls an end to their playing days? That may give more time for the back room stuff, website updates etc, in the interest of maintaining the development of the American league.

pennpool

Juniors
thanks tomahawk that has shed some light on the situation for a lot of people. just one suggestion

i feel it would be a bad thing to leave the vote for league officials till the begining of the season as teams need to know fixtures asap so they can raise money for flights etc..

it wasn't that i didnt beleive the post i just thought it would be better to have been more informative than it was as it is i big change to the league.

deluded pom?

Coach
Was it just the retirement as a player by David Nui that prompted this unrest? if so then why can't the new team use the facilities at GM? Has there been a fallout with the people responsible for the allocation of the GM facilities? Does the retirement of one player,however influential, merit this sort of upheaval? Nothing sinister here TH, just plying devil's advocate.

Tomahawk

Staff member
Rumer has it Rich Potale is going to be the new president of the AMNRL and Dave Nui will be the CEO and not have as much responsabilities.

roopy

Referee
Tomahawk said:
Rumer has it Rich Potale is going to be the new president of the AMNRL and Dave Nui will be the CEO and not have as much responsabilities.
that makes a lot of sense.
the game needs a good structure if it is to grow.

War Pig

Juniors
Hot Rod in charge of the AMNRL?
Wanna go for a ride on my new boat...., its called the Titanic.

Tomahomo, I mean Tomahawk...., this is sad news about the bulls, I'm sure you've cried many a sleepless nights, as have I.

But seriously who's bench are you going to sit on now?

Sam_the_man

First Grade
War Pig said:
Hot Rod in charge of the AMNRL?
Wanna go for a ride on my new boat...., its called the Titanic.

Tomahomo, I mean Tomahawk...., this is sad news about the bulls, I'm sure you've cried many a sleepless nights, as have I.

But seriously who's bench are you going to sit on now?

Do your mum and dad know your using the internet?

grow up junior.

Tomahawk

Staff member
As much as I did not want the Glen Mills Bulls team to fold, it is a fact. I actually did not want the team to fold; however I was in the minority. This was a decision made up of most of all the players on the 2006 team, and was discussed with great length. Some players will move on to a new team. Other players will retire, and some are thinking about moving onto management or refereeing positions.

Let me discuss some of the reasons why the Glen Mills team folding will benefit the AMNRL.

The team that has dominated the AMNRL since its beginning will no longer exists. So the Grand Final will not have the Bulls in it, and you will have a different team now.

Teams will not have to depend on the Glen Mills team. For example at the War at the Shore the Glen Mills players and management provided food, music, they lined the field, and several ex players or current players ran touch. Also of the 4-6 referees 4 of them are associated with the Glen Mills team.

The Grand Final will not be played at Glen Mills. This will give other teams the opportunity to host a Grand Final. Any player who had the chance to play in Jacksonville this past season would love the opportunity to play in the Grand Final their.

The AMNRL will continue to grow with two new teams being added in 2007. The Fairfax Eagles, and a new team, soon to be announced. The new team will most likely be called the Pennsylvania; sorry I am not aloud to announce the name of the team.

slow frontrower

Juniors
Tomahawk,

This bad news and good news. I have enjoyed competing against the Bulls but at the same time, some of the area teams can use some of talent that the bulls have. And the prospect of having a grand final in Jacksonville with over 1000 people watching spinners bald head is fantastic.

No one can measure the amount of work the people from Glen Mills have put into the game and i would like to personally say thank you.

I guess its time for a new Era in the AMNRL.

Latest posts