What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go ROBBO!!!!

lucablight

First Grade
This is the sort of thing that really bothers me. If we had lost everyone would have been all over "Robbo" but we win one game and it's a lovefest.

Hellsy

Immortal
Hmmm not really... I think you'll see a whole heap of negative thoughts on Chad in here even though we did win

Parra Guru

Coach
lucablight said:
This is the sort of thing that really bothers me. If we had lost everyone would have been all over "Robbo" but we win one game and it's a lovefest.

Sorry if it bothers you, but Robbo's cool. Win or lose.

scottyeel

Bench
Stats from NRL.com for Chad
Tackles- 32
Mistackles- 2
Hitups- 10
Metres- 67
Offloads- 1
Errors- 0

Maroubra Eel

Coach
lucablight said:

Well Lucablight it would be a bit :crazy: if we got stuck into the players when we won and had a lovefest when we lost.

1eyedeel

Juniors
I don't know how anyone can criticise Chad's work rate. He is never far behind Hindmarsh and Morrison despite the fact that he plays 20+ minutes less than them. He also makes an enormous number of first contact tackles. Hindmarsh is a cleaner, Robbo gets in and takes the initial impact and IMO their perfect foils for each other...

Utey

Coach
filthy_spammers said:
I don't know how anyone can criticise Chad's work rate. He is never far behind Hindmarsh and Morrison despite the fact that he plays 20+ minutes less than them. He also makes an enormous number of first contact tackles. Hindmarsh is a cleaner, Robbo gets in and takes the initial impact and IMO their perfect foils for each other...

I dont criticise his work rate at all, just his effectiveness in hitting the ball up.

Sean7

Juniors
<UPtheEELS> said:
They dont do live stats anymore so its usually Monday.

They still do live stats, I watch them all the time. They're not as extensive as before, but most of the basic stats are still there - line breaks, metres, etc.

James_Hardie

Juniors
The work Robinson did in defence allowed Hindmarsh to do less work in defence which allows Hindmarsh to be more effective in attack.

Stagger eel

Staff member
It's common knowledge that Hindy has more scope to a be a better alround player when Robo's in the side. As far as I'm concerned he's definitely an unsung hero.

Utey

Coach
Sean7 said:
They still do live stats, I watch them all the time. They're not as extensive as before, but most of the basic stats are still there - line breaks, metres, etc.

hmm cheers!

yy_cheng

Coach
Losing Morro probably meant we needed to keep Robbo as the defensive workhorse in our pack for next year as Wagon is getting on a bit.

You need these defensive workhorses as long as you don't have a whole pack of them.

lucablight

First Grade
Although Robinson did make 33 tackles I'm very concerned that he only made 39m for the entire match. I think Morris nearly made that many. With Fui out we need guys like Robinson to step up or we are seriously screwed.

strider

Post Whore
Well we can have the whole "he doesn't make enough metres" arguement all over again - but I don't see any point

his defence is what he's primarily there for and it was outstanding last night ... I would say he is clearly sent out there as a defender

he is an exceptional 1-on-1 tackler which means the rest of the team doesn't need to be wasting energy helping him .... he brought down BK many times last night on his own which is not an easy task - stop BK and you stop manly

strider

Post Whore
back from illness - he was just sick last week - i assume he got over whatever was making him vomit

Eelementary

Post Whore
So he was just ill? Cool. Good to see he's over it.

He's been playing well in attack recently. Last night a possible exception.

But his defensive work is top notch.

lucablight

First Grade
I don't care how much you want to sugarcoat is but 39m by a forward is an entire match especially when the main metre eater in Moimoi goes off is very disappointing.