What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go you good things!

Eels Dude

Coach
Good grinding win. Hindy, Reddy, Joe G, and Fui were outstanding. Finch 's kicking game was poor again, but his kick chasing and defence was superb. Grothe made some great runs in the first half. Wright dived straight into the action as soon as he got onto the field. Matt Keating had his best game so far in my opinion too.

akers

Juniors
very good win tonight,that defensive effort was brillant....IMO defence = passion and pride and is the way you build your yaer up........attack does not worry me YET it will take time but will come

Avenger

Immortal
I thought Wright went very well, barring injuries,Cordoba will not play again this year.

lingard

Coach
very good win tonight,that defensive effort was brillant....IMO defence = passion and pride and is the way you build your yaer up........attack does not worry me YET it will take time but will come

The most astute post so far. That`s one of the best games we`ve played in about three years. Personally, I don`t care if our attack doesn`t gel for a while, if we can defend like that every week. That was exciting!

forward pass

Coach
..and he didn't prove me wrong. I thought lowrie was outstanding tonight. I have been defending the bloke for a while against some opiniated people on here who have never rated him and have bagged him with no real substance. He is not a superstar but god damn he is reliable, mistake free and his defence is excellent.

He offers much more than our captain imo.

woddy

Juniors
game on in qld .......so refreshing not to have an anti grothe thread after any game

lucablight

First Grade
Man that defensive effort was awesome. So proud of the boys. One of the main criticisms of seasons past has been our goal line defence but tonight it was just superb.

big boppa eel

Juniors
Iffy game I thought. On the one hand, we showed massive guts and grit to win in the face of a lot of possession, we found two blokes worthy of the problematic 12 jersey, Burt and Inu had crackers, our outside backs were incredibly safe and Matt Keating was very good out of dummy half for the most part. We also had periods of bruising defence and high intensity football that we didn't see at all last year, and our yardage play was also very good in general.

On the other hand, our halves were utterly woeful, our 5th tackle options are still terrible and probably cost us several try scoring opportunities and we clocked off at times. Overall though, I think the positives outweighed the negatives and I for one am quite happy

Hindmarsh as 9 MOTM was a laugh, I can think of at least 4 who had better games than the great man....
Disagree, with that defensive effort we will win alot more than we lose, in regards to halves, switch Hayne to fullback and take if from there in regards to Hindy he saved at least one certain try and was worthy of man of the match, who cares who got man of the match anyway.

lucablight

First Grade
..and he didn't prove me wrong. I thought lowrie was outstanding tonight. I have been defending the bloke for a while against some opiniated people on here who have never rated him and have bagged him with no real substance. He is not a superstar but god damn he is reliable, mistake free and his defence is excellent.

He offers much more than our captain imo.

I thought Cayless was great tonight.

Parra Steve

Juniors
One of the best defensive efforts ive seen in a long long time. We can really build on this. Souths weren't no slouces, i thought they threw everything they had at us and could only get 8 points. very well done.

EELICIT

Juniors
The most astute post so far. That`s one of the best games we`ve played in about three years. Personally, I don`t care if our attack doesn`t gel for a while, if we can defend like that every week. That was exciting!

Absolutely agree, i think DA has give us some english super league line defence, not 2 far from the leeds rhinos defensive line. He knows what hes doing period.

Bazal

Post Whore
Disagree, with that defensive effort we will win alot more than we lose, in regards to halves, switch Hayne to fullback and take if from there in regards to Hindy he saved at least one certain try and was worthy of man of the match, who cares who got man of the match anyway.

????

As far as I can tell, I believe we're both saying pretty much the same thing? That the positives outweighed the negatives

Unless, of course, you mean in regards to Hindy

salvy71

Juniors
Isn't it good to see Parramatta move up in defence when defending the goal line as opposed to last years lets stand on the goal line and slide technique ?

True EEL

Bench
how 'bout them eels huh?
moving up in defense....
playing with intesity.....
running the ball strong.....

i'm a straight out fan of both Cayless and Fui, but seriously......

take a bow Joe G and Todd 'I'm Mike Lowry - I come with the thunder' Lowrie tonight.....

Pedro Collins

Juniors
Defence was unbelievable. Hayne is not yet a 5/8 (but I trust Ando to make the right decisions). Finch can tackle but I am not sure about his creativity.

Great game by Broderick Wright and Joe Gulavoa.

Joel Reddy had a blinder

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Our defence was simply awesome, best we have defended since sharp was our defensive coach. Our halves offered nothing, our kicking game was terrible. We really need KK out there to take some of the pressure of Finch, when he came on we looked a little more settled.

Joey G played a stormer, where has he been???? Wright played great, made some good runs and worked hard in defence. Caylo played his best game in a Parra jersey for a while and Hindy well he was just Hindy. Defence wins football games and if we keep defending like that all year we will be in most game we play. Hopefully we click in attack. In DA we trust.

True EEL

Bench
by the way, if anyone is interested, here is my 3, 2, 1, for the game.....

3 = Joe G
2 = Joel R
1 = Kris I

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Isn't it good to see Parramatta move up in defence when defending the goal line as opposed to last years lets stand on the goal line and slide technique ?
It wasn't only the goal line defence that was impressive, defence in general, they had great line speed and got up quick in the rabbits faces and shut them down well.

Also from the restarts, it was awesome to see parra make the 1st tackle 5m out from souths own line, the chase was awesome.

jk13

First Grade
welcome back para, i've missed u for well over 12 months now. just teach someone to kick it away from the fullback and wingers and ten i have no gripes