What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goal Kicking

gitano

Juniors
Hello Mr Aitken. Thank your son for not being able to field the ball at the end there.

I reckon Lomax picks that up and celebrates under the posts.
Lomax plays at it and knocks on.
Euie did the right thing as he knew Tafua was dragged in.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
In order OF BEST GOAL.KICKERS
LOMAX 1
NORMAN 2
HUNT 3
LAFFAI 4TH CHOICE !!!

let's fix this.
Agree, we should fix this.

Firstly, your mix of capitals and normal case needs addressing.

Secondly it’s a space, not a full stop, between the words “goal” and “kickers”.

Thirdly Lafai only has one “f”.

Lomax plays at it and knocks on.
Euie did the right thing as he knew Tafua was dragged in.

I appreciate you admire Euan, but your assumption is exactly that, an assumption.

If Euan had the presence of mind to leave the ball alone, that was a great read on his behalf.

To me, he seemed to be fumbling around in the dark looking for the ball.

Euan played well tonight, but I am starting to think he is better suited to a role in the forwards. The team needs more skill out wide.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Agree, we should fix this.

Firstly, your mix of capitals and normal case needs addressing.

Secondly it’s a space, not a full stop, between the words “goal” and “kickers”.

Thirdly Lafai only has one “f”.

Sorry, can’t help myself, but his goal kicking got him an extra F tonight :joy:

possm

Coach
The thing is Aitken doesn't have to lose his sspace in the side.
Play him off the bench as a second rower and our dynamics look much stronger.
We can play all 4 bench players 20-30 minutes, and we have a back up back in Aitken should anyone get injured 1-5..
I've been saying this all season however, now that Mary has his two year extension, he will be arrogant and do what ever he wants to do.

I'm afraid it will take an injury to Aitken before Lomax gets his chance.

By the way, the more I see of Leilua this season, the more he lools better suited to the middle as a prop. I believe he could be another big Arty if he is coached to do so.

possm

Coach
I don't understand why Lomax wasn't put on when we were down 10-8 and were going for penalty goal would have made perfect sense to bring him on then, anyway Lafai played well tonight minus the goalkicking.

Furthermore I don't care if it means playing out of position Lomax has to go on the wing for Ravawala, terrible under the high ball terrible defensive reads and hands like feet, Lomax on the wing would be an upgrade.
Lomax is a right centre or fullback. The best option is for Lomax and Aitken to switch roles and for Mary to use all four players on the bench each game.

gitano

Juniors
Lomax is a right centre or fullback. The best option is for Lomax and Aitken to switch roles and for Mary to use all four players on the bench each game.
Except it isn't the best option.
Lomax needs to go to CC and get used to playing 80 against men.

18to87

First Grade
He needs to spend time in the lower grades getting used to playing men, is your memory that bad?

Exhibit A) Sunday September 09 4:00pm AEST, Suncorp Stadium.

You need to extricate your head from your anus.
Aitken should be going to Lomax for some tips on how to defend as well after the improvements the right side saw last year when he was out.