What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goals for next season.....

ParraAds

Juniors
1. Hayne ( Train hard ALL offseason, add 3-4kg, get OFF the booze, loose party boy image)
2. Inu (Get that swerve and speed back, add 5-6kg)
3. Smith (Fix that knee and try and get some mobility back)
4. Reddy (Add 4-5kg, build on what was a solid 2008)
5. Grothe/Tautai (both guys need to just work on defence and their hands)
6. FIND A 5/8
7. Finch (short kicking game....medium kicking game....long kicking game)
8. Cayless (I don't know what to say...I've been a massive fan, but I don't know what to do now)
9. Keating ( Put on 4-5kg...develop and kicking game)
10. Paulo (Just get ANGRY and CONSISTENT)
11. Hindmarsh (Keep up the solid effort, don't give up)
12. Hauraki (Fitness! defence)
13. Mateo (Fitness....consistency.....maturity)

14. Cordoba (Centrelink)
15. K Keating (Eat eat eat eat!!!)
16. Moimoi (Get even more angry....and fitter)
17. FILL THIS GAP

Bigfella

Coach
Need to stop protecting senior players who are chronic underperformers.

We had a number of passengers in that side last night. IMO some of those blokes should be let go now.

Keating was one of our best 4 or 5 IMO. His effort and attitude put most of our pack to shame. No doubt his execution was lacking but understandable compared to the performance of more experienced blokes.

stuke

Bench
learning how to defend your tryline might also be on the agenda during the off-season....if they can drag them out of the pub.

Delboy

First Grade
I agree it is time to stop defending the players , who in most cases have offered little. Hindy,Mateo and Finch are the exceptions (Finch for his commitment and passion)

The selection of light weight forwards and no understanding of structure and size, and goal line defence, is the fault of the coaching staff (hagan and Daisy), talk about clean out. The board needs to grow some cojones and stand up to be counted.

Wishful thinking with DF there

PARRA_FAN

Coach
We've got nothing...

I mean we're at the end of the season, and so far no buys for next year, although atm we're looking at Brad Drew, George Ndaira. :roll: please. Id rather we buy back Craig Stapleton, Adam Peek or even and Corey Pearson.

Heck they wouldnt be too bad though, they wouldve at least tried hard last night and Pearson's passing game wouldve been a lot better.

Its their attitude. I mean our side in 2003-04 was pretty ordinary, but at least we scored some decent tries and when expected we would win games against fairly easy opposition and win comfortably. Unlike this year's wins against Bulldogs, Nth Qld and a reserve grade Melbourne team.

There's just so much inconsistencey at Parramatta, you dont know whether theyre gonna fire up and just dont look interested.

Cause every time I expect Parramatta to pull off a big one they just dont seem interested and Hagan doesnt have that mentality.

We are definately missing key players from 2007 are key players though, people seem to forget. Marsh with his quick dummy half running, Ian Hindmarsh with his defence and good yards, Tahu with his skills out wide and defence, Tim Smith nice passing and quick thinking.

And not forgetting Riddell, Reddy, Ben Smith and Wagon all out injured.

Apart from that we shouldve had enough depth for a semi final spot but after last night I fear we could end up going down further next year, with more players going but yet again no buys.

If our side doesnt change much for 2009, then you cant expect too much from Parramatta.

TheParraboy

Staff member
id like to lose 2 kgs and tone up a bit

also look at my 3rd investment property

oh, and another goal in 09, is id like to visit kakadu and/or tasmania

cheers

Gone from playing 5/8 and being the third attacking cog to first cog and running the team. It was clear he would be heavily targeted from the get go.

He has nothing and all the people talking up his future are just plain and simple dreaming of a saviour for the next few years.. It wont happen.

Eels Dude

Coach
1. Hayne ( Train hard ALL offseason, add 3-4kg, get OFF the booze, loose party boy image)
2. Inu (Get that swerve and speed back, add 5-6kg)
3. Smith (Fix that knee and try and get some mobility back)
4. Reddy (Add 4-5kg, build on what was a solid 2008)
5. Grothe/Tautai (both guys need to just work on defence and their hands)
6. FIND A 5/8
7. Finch (short kicking game....medium kicking game....long kicking game)
8. Cayless (I don't know what to say...I've been a massive fan, but I don't know what to do now)
9. Keating ( Put on 4-5kg...develop and kicking game)
10. Paulo (Just get ANGRY and CONSISTENT)
11. Hindmarsh (Keep up the solid effort, don't give up)
12. Hauraki (Fitness! defence)
13. Mateo (Fitness....consistency.....maturity)

14. Cordoba (Centrelink)
15. K Keating (Eat eat eat eat!!!)
16. Moimoi (Get even more angry....and fitter)
17. FILL THIS GAP

Bit harsh on Mateo. He's been our most consistent player all season. He also plays close to 80 minutes a lot of the time and is equally impressive in attack and defence.

Also, if guys like Hayne and Inu are putting on 5 or 6 kilos they're going to be rather slower and less agile, and those are their strengths.

The forwards need to work on fitness and speed off the mark. Also attitude needs to improve and Hagan needs to work on a gameplan and playing style that suits the strengths of our playing roster.

Latest posts