What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

God of War 3

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Hey guys. I am one of a very few (I would imagine) that hasn't played any of the God of War games. Anyone want to share their opinion on the games and what you think of the third one that is out this week?
Are 1 & 2 worth getting and are they on PS3?

abpanther

Staff member
I loved part 1 and 2. Great graphics and gameplay, good storyline, plenty of fighting but also incorporation of puzzles and strategy for fighting the big guys, definitely one of the best PS2 games of all time.

Sorry don't know much about part 3 but if it's anything like the first 2 I would definitely snap it up...

Pierced Soul

First Grade
1 & 2 and been recently re-done in HD for the ps3. gow2 was awesome, kinda action/hack and slash beat the sh*t out of everything and kill everything type of game with a decent story line. different combo's for different weapons and it does have puzzle sections (at leats i rememebr it having puzzles...)

never played the first, but have the 3rd one preordered and i think the reviews for 3 have been overwhelmingly positive.

i imagine the 3rd will be a must have for the ps3

Jono078

Referee
Out today, grabbed a copy this morning but yet to try it out.

Apparently the game is really short like 8-12 hours to complete.

If it's quality 8-12 hours doesn't bother me at all. Should be interesting to see how the trilogy concludes.

Jono078

Referee
I really enjoyed it. I'm a trophy nut (it's what's gotten me back into gaming actually) and I was stupid to play it on hard first because it was frustrating as hell. But playing again on normal difficulty you definitely appreciate it much more.

After you finish the game you unlock behind the scenes vids and as the guys say - this is their first PS3 game and they are expected to have the best visuals, the best sound, the best gameplay etc. But in reality it is a game that concludes the God of War trilogy so it is quite similar to the PS2 games, but it still manages to rank up there with the top games on any console.

I reckon it's a must hire if not buy. I really digged the story, of the whole trilogy really.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've got the first two on ps2 and am thinking of getting this for ps3.

Anyone else had a crack at it?

alenfort

Juniors
God of War 3 is an action game in the third person with a little light platform.God of War 3 is the first game of the series are built from scratch for Play Station 3 and the team behind the title spared no detail.The game feels like it was painted on the screen. This is one of the most anticipated titles in the history of the Play Station 3.

abpanther

Staff member
I just finished it on Saturday, I've also finished 1 and 2 on PS2.

For anyone that has played the first two, it really is more of the same.

The visuals are stunning, the backdrops are just awesome and you really get the feel of the whole storyline. The monsters look great and everything just blends in nicely, it really is a joy to look at.

The gameplay is more of the same, plenty of combos and button mashing mixed in with some puzzles (although pretty easy IMO) and some big bosses that require a bit of work.

Again as you work through it you get different weapons and different magic, they look vastly different but you do tend to find yourself doing the same button mashing with either of the weapons.

However as with Part 2, I found my interest in the game waned once I was about halfway through it, I still stuck it out till the end but by then if felt like a chore. The game does seem to get a bit repetitive and it is very linear. Also, I don't think it has much replay value, in fact I have mine listed on Ebay now as we speak.

I think it is worth playing simply for the visuals and the gameplay is nice, I do think though that the game gets a bit boring after a while.

I bought Red Dead Redemption yesterday, moving onto that now, can't wait to crack it open!!

doggie_4_life

Juniors
God of war 3 is a great game , the game play, the graphics everything about it is unreal, although it isn't the best in the series (i preffer number 2 in HD) it's still an awesome game, highly recommended. BTW, one of the secret trophies is to complete the labyrinth without dying, getting platinum isn't too hard ;-)

Latest posts