What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going to the Game

Dea

Juniors
I know we aren't playing well.
I know we are not going to make the finals.
BUT....
Saturday night is the last home game for a couple of our players who have served our club well and just a few years back were instrumental in bringing home a premiership.

I'm going to the game to say thank you for their years of service and to make it a night for them to remember.

Be a fitting tribute to have a full house and would say something positive about us as supporters to turn out for them.
( Jeez I hope we win)

Stagger Lee

Bench
Dea I will be going as well

I originally was not going but seeing as the Parra game is sold out then this is the last chance to see them.

I do hope it is a big turnout.

Godz Illa

Coach
If you're a true Saints fan who lives within 200km of the Gong and you're not going to this game, please post a doctor's certificate or hang your head in shame

64 Dragon

Coach
Parra's last game is sold out. Hope to see plenty of Red and White flying out there. Surely after Benny made his announcement, Win Stadium will be a sellout.

STG 002

First Grade
i'd love to see a sell out but if we get 5 figures there it'll be a miracle. better hope for good weather to give us a chance at it.

i will be going to the game on Saturday night. It will, sadly, be the last time that i (among many Saints fans), will be seeing Hornby and Young play.I would like to see a good crowd at the game, despite out poor form of late.

Go the mighty dragons

dragondad

First Grade
If the NRL had put out the draw far enough in advance, I would have been able to go. Very sad to miss it. Sometimes family decisions have to be made. We can't always guess when the Dragons will be playing. Bring on the 2013 draw even though they were only prepared to put out 20 rounds in advance rather than the lot.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
If you're a true Saints fan who lives within 200km of the Gong and you're not going to this game, please post a doctor's certificate or hang your head in shame
Well Juanfarkall and I are flying down from Qld. We bought our air tix weeks ago, $50 Virgin Specials.

Planes, trains and automobiles.

Hope that gets a few more along.

RedVDave

First Grade
I'll be at Slash so sadly I'll be missing the game, I wish I could attend the Parra game but sadly I missed out on tickets.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Looking up buses to get up to the steak n kidney for the Parra game. The next day will be a struggle after the return trip on the same day but I really don't want to miss Youngy & Hornbag's last games!!

Fingerbang

Bench
Well Juanfarkall and I are flying down from Qld. We bought our air tix weeks ago, $50 Virgin Specials.

Planes, trains and automobiles.

Hope that gets a few more along.
That is pretty cheap....but how do you prove you ARE a virgin to get that fare?

Fire

First Grade
Teaching an intensive course at UNSW both Saturday and Sunday 9am-5pm. Absolutely no way I can go. Will be rushing to The Doncaster and grabbing a few schooies for 5:30pm kick-off. Taking four of my international students along with me (two Columbians, one Brazilian, one French. All good sticks who know my obsession with the Dragons). Taking the Red V international baby!

Going to ANZ with mum, dad and brother (who is a Canberra fan).

Willow and Juanfarkall's effort. Respect.

What Godz Illa said x 1,000,000.

Get there Sainters supporters!!!

Stagger Lee

Bench

as a certain bimbo used to say "Where the bloody hell are you?"

Seriously that was a poor crowd. Good weather for winter, Deano and Horny deserved a better send off. Even Parra can outsell their ground capacity to farewell a couple of their own :x

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Yeah I was going to come on here and have a massive rant but then cooled down.

I find it extremely dissappointing that when these two club legends were contributing to us winning a premiership a couple of years ago the bandwagon was out in full force. But when those same club legends retire only 11,00 can be bothered getting off there arses.

Last night was an emotional night for me and many other fans and I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Last edited:

Fingerbang

Bench
Apologies for not being at the game yesterday, at my home ground....I was working dayshift.

Oh, and also.....I live 4000 kms away from the Gong. Very happy with the result.

Looking at the ladder this morning, we can still grab 8th spot.....if Tigers lose today and next week, Broncos, Knights and GC all lose next week, and we beat Eels by around 70 points.....:D

Latest posts