What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast hunt for a new name

DIEHARD

----
I rate Pirates but not as highly as the others I listed.

I think Pirates is a heavy contender!

It would be cool, lots of skull and cross bone flags.

Gold Coast RLFC is the one I like.

I also think my logo idea was the best with two of the towers and a big banner between them looking like goal posts and on the banner it would have "Gold Coast".

Having said that....name the team after me....that would be great.

Gold Coast Freaks

Special K

Coach
Gold Coast Goblins

goblins.jpg

BWNB

First Grade
gold coast yabbies
gold coast marlins
gold coast guppies
gold coast sharks (after cronulla or course)
gold coast bulls
gold coast sea horses
gold coast mangroves
gold coast whales
gold coast mariners
gold coast shoals
gold coast pythons
gold coast roar (from soccer)
gold coast manators
gold coast chiefs
gold coast crushers
gold coast force
gold coast cyclones
gold coast hurricanes
gold coast quakes
gold coast frost
gold coast avalanche
gold coast blues
gold coast brumbies
gold coast kangaroos
gold coast elephants
gold coast cats
gold coast stingrays
gold coast power
gold coast typhoons
gold coast cliffords

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
cronulla_sharks_fan123 said:
gold coast yabbies
gold coast marlins
gold coast guppies
gold coast sharks (after cronulla or course)
gold coast bulls
gold coast sea horses
gold coast mangroves
gold coast whales
gold coast mariners
gold coast shoals
gold coast pythons
gold coast roar (from soccer)
gold coast manators
gold coast chiefs
gold coast crushers
gold coast force
gold coast cyclones
gold coast hurricanes
gold coast quakes
gold coast frost
gold coast avalanche
gold coast blues
gold coast brumbies
gold coast kangaroos
gold coast elephants
gold coast cats
gold coast stingrays
gold coast power
gold coast typhoons
gold coast cliffords

:clap:
we have a winner

yakstorm

First Grade
Gene Krupa said:
Marketing.

Gold Coast Breakers

That was the same reason used for Hull to call themselves just Hull FC and Wigan to return to the crest and drop Warriors. They are two of the more successfully marketed teams.

You can market a team without an assigned nickname, sometimes compared to some of the suggestions put forward, it would be an easier job.

griff

Bench
yakstorm said:
That was the same reason used for Hull to call themselves just Hull FC and Wigan to return to the crest and drop Warriors. They are two of the more successfully marketed teams.

You can market a team without an assigned nickname, sometimes compared to some of the suggestions put forward, it would be an easier job.
True, I don't really understand why English RL clubs thought more people would go see them because they suddenly threw away their history and tradition to call themselves the Centurions or the Vikings. It shows they don't really understand marketing.

English sport doesn't have a tradition of official nicknames. And when you have 140 years of tradition behind you like Hull FC did, it is much easier to market the Hull FC brand than a boring name like "Hull Sharks". Hopefully most clubs will now follow the lead of Wigan, Hull FC, and Halifax and go back to their crests, not silly nicknames.

But Australian sport does have a tradition of nicknames, particularly in the last 30 years. And when you don't have any tradition behind you, you really do need some kind of nickname/emblem to hang your marketing on. So Gold Coast do need a nickname of some kind.

Gold Coast Cyclones, Gold Coast Chargers, Gold Coast Surge, Gold Coast Breakers. One of them.

Gold Coast Surge is one I just thought of and the more I think about it the more I like it. Damn should have trademarked it.

Latest posts