What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast Name revealed....

Can we just take note....I was the first to use this:

Its Titanic!

titanic.jpg

:D

Scorpio30 said:
Would the "Titans" have been a suggestion had it not all ready existed in a sporting franchise?....Food for thought.....
and I think not.

I dont think so. Infact, if not for the Houston Oilers being moved Im sure we would never have seen the name "Titans" ever being used again for a sporting team.

Infact, Im pretty sure the word "Titan" would have been forgetten about.

Scorpio30

Bench
nospam49™ said:
Can we just take note....I was the first to use this:

Its Titanic!

titanic.jpg

:D

and I believe a few years earlier someone wrote a book about a new ocean liner that sinks...Its name....The Titan.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I don't mind the name but what is with other teams trying to rip off the Parramatta colours?

Nth Qld, Hunter Mariners and now GC.

There are plenty of colours and combinations that would be just as good. What about Red and Yellow?

Kingytek

Juniors
nospam49™ said:
I dont think so. Infact, if not for the Houston Oilers being moved Im sure we would never have seen the name "Titans" ever being used again for a sporting team.

Infact, Im pretty sure the word "Titan" would have been forgetten about.
:D Until someone goes to buy a Titan Shed

Kingytek

Juniors
Daize said:
I don't mind the name but what is with other teams trying to rip off the Parramatta colours?

There are plenty of colours and combinations that would be just as good. What about Red and Yellow?

I wanted red, yellow and skyblue

Paullyboy

Coach
Why hasnt this been posted on the gold coast site, the nrl.com site or any other league site?

Im guessing by the fact that no one else has questioned it that it has been announced on radio or something - but its strange that NO related websites have reported it.

innsaneink

Referee
Daize said:

images6rc.jpg

I hope the gold is a yellow gold and not an orange gold......WE are orange and the Tigers.

Tigers and titans too close, sh*t name, sh*t place, sh*t club.

but its strange that NO related websites have reported it

rleague paully

Kingytek

Juniors
Paullyboy said:
Why hasnt this been posted on the gold coast site, the nrl.com site or any other league site?

Im guessing by the fact that no one else has questioned it that it has been announced on radio or something - but its strange that NO related websites have reported it.

Maybe you should buy todays GC Bulliten as I plan to do when I leave work today!

B-dos

Referee
Damn youre probably right there although I really have a feeling that Titan has some kind of relevance to the sea or the ocean.

Daize said:

It was Cumberlands and then Sydney Uni's colours first, then Parra took 'em. Don't forget that Parra ONLY came into the comp in '47.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Paullyboy said:
Last time I checked League Unlimited was a league site. You should use the side bar option or click on www.leagueunlimited.com

The answers to your questions are there.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Of all the colour combinations they had to take blue and gold (yes there's white there too but that doesn't matter) Parra should threaten legal action too, we've all seen how easily they crumbled before.