What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast Name revealed....

Shut up!

The Panthers and Warriors both use black.

The Bulldogs, Roosters, Eels, Cowboys and Raiders use Blue.

Its nothing big. I can make a jersey using the colous named that wouldnt even give a hint of Parramatta in it.

So get over yourselves!

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
nospam49™ said:
Shut up!

The Panthers and Warriors both use black.

The Bulldogs, Roosters, Eels, Cowboys and Raiders use Blue.

Its nothing big. I can make a jersey using the colous named that wouldnt even give a hint of Parramatta in it.

So get over yourselves!

The colours of our club have been copied, it's not that big of a deal but still a bit annoying.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
ParraDude_Jay said:
Of all the colour combinations they had to take blue and gold (yes there's white there too but that doesn't matter) Parra should threaten legal action too, we've all seen how easily they crumbled before.
The funniest post yet.
The best part: "yes there's white there too but that doesn't matter..."
I reckon that'll stand up in court.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
The court part was a joke? You know what a joke is?!

Some people love shooting their mouths off before they even know what they're shooting off about.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Charlie Saab said:
titan definition

Ti·tan (ttn)
n.
1. Greek Mythology One of a family of giants, the children of Uranus and Gaea, who sought to rule heaven and were overthrown and supplanted by the family of Zeus.
2. titan One of prodigious size, strength, or achievement: "the twin titans of the beverage industry" David Barboza.
3. The largest satellite of Saturn and the 11th in distance from the planet. It is the second largest satellite in the solar system.

Has no relevance to "america"

Has no relavence to Australia either, but then again, neither does the Broncos

Willow

Assistant Moderator
ParraDude_Jay said:
The court part was a joke? You know what a joke is?!
Yes, you're well known as the forum comedian. Which part of my post did you not laugh at? The part which made a joke at your expense?
Lighten up.

ParraDude_Jay said:
Some people love shooting their mouths off before they even know what they're shooting off about.
:lol: Oh I get it now! Such a funny guy.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Twizzle said:
Has no relavence to Australia either, but then again, neither does the Broncos
Well personally I have no problems with the Titans name. I wanted it to be the Stingrays but it never made it to the short list. I thought the Stingers was OK too.

I'm glad the Pirates was finally seen for what it was... a Peter Pan boys own favourite.
(This all assuming the Titans is actually announced tomorrow night - it's not official yet

The Gold Coast RLFC would have been good enough for me. Another team in SE Qld was always the aim.

Twiz, I hear they're inviting all comers to Robina tomorrow night... thinking of making the trip?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
All I do is point out they pinched our colours (not literally of course, thought I'd point that out before you made a post laughing about how they didn't really steal them) and added white and that makes you feel the need to laugh at me?

You need to get out more Willow :lol:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
ParraDude_Jay said:
All I do is point out they pinched our colours (not literally of course, thought I'd point that out before you made a post laughing about how they didn't really steal them) and added white and that makes you feel the need to laugh at me?
:lol: Stop it Parra dude, you're cracking me up.

Eelectrica

Referee
I too was hoping Stingrays or Stingers would have been given the nod as it's more reprasentative of the Gold Coast area.
I've got no problem with the colours, it's probably the same was what they enveiled last year. I'm sure they would have submitted the designs to the NRL to ensure they didn't clash. If that's the case then know one should have problem

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The colours are a gimme imo.

Gold - for the Gold Coast, and the sandy beaches.
Aqua blue - for the ocean.
White - for the sunshine.

All part of an effort to look vibrant. It'll keep in line with the image the Gold Coast is trying to push, that is being bright and loud.

innsaneink

Referee
ParraDude_Jay said:

You need to get out more Willow :lol:

Your blokes pinched Newtowns colours....not literally of course....and added yellow.

Knob

drake

First Grade
I've come to like the name Titans. I don't see it as American, unlike the Broncos.

I'm glad they didn't take Stingers, I only associate that with Box jellyfish and Irukandjis.

Gar, it be passin' bad that they didnae take the fine name o' pirates.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Willow said:
Twiz, I hear they're inviting all comers to Robina tomorrow night... thinking of making the trip?

I've got indoor cricket at Burleigh, so its only another 10 minutes drive

if your shouting, just let me know what time

Latest posts