What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast Signings

Kingytek

Juniors
Current XVII
2. Brian Carney
5. Matt Petersen
6. Preston Campbell
8. Luke Bailey
12. Anthony Laffranchi

Bench
14. Luke O'Dwyer

Some players I would like to see in this team. Prince, Greenshields, Thursten, Lyon, Sims and Grothe.

Jono078

Referee
2. Brian Carney
5. Matt Petersen
6. Preston Campbell
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend (Melbourne Storm
12. Anthony Laffranchi

Bench
14. Luke O'Dwyer

Great new signing imo, and the front row is already looking nice :).

Dakink

Bench
Could do worse than to name Bailey Captain. His performances for St.george have been inspirational and if a lead by example and attitude captain is what they are after, then they could do worse. I havent seen a prop do as much cover defence and work for a long time.

Kingytek

Juniors
As Nathan is off contract and playing for Norths in the Q Cup I hope he jumps ship to join another NRL club to gain some first grade experience or at least join the GC feeder clubs ippy/bears/tweed next year to help dig up some possible local nrl stars!

dinghydi

Juniors
Kingytek said:

Some players I would like to see in this team. Prince, Greenshields, Thursten, Lyon, Sims and Grothe.
with that lot and a couple more good forwards not too much worries about how long before they are competitive... How about .. when they run onto the field for the first time.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Luke O'Dwyer is a good signing, People seem to under rate this guy, He maybe small, But he can defend very well, A No Frills Daniel Wagon type player, He will be of some value.

dinghydi

Juniors
The Sharks were after Bailey too. They got Ross who is good but i think Bailey is the better all round, hard working, strong, AND very skilled prop.

Ryan

Juniors
LoL - Fielden, Peacock & Lyon you'd like to add to Campbell, Carney, Bailey, O'Dwyer. A few questions for you:-

01. Heard of a salary cap?
02. Ever thought that contracts may need to be upgraded in a few years time?
03. Ever heard of LOCAL talent?

If all the Gold Coast can do is pilfer players from elsewhere, and not produce at least 4-5 players to play FIRST grade from their local competitions, then they are DOOMED to begin with.

coldhardbitch

Juniors
Clint Greenshields has been offered a 1 yr extension at the dragons, and has stated that he wants to sign with the coast after. He will sort it out after this season.

Kingytek

Juniors
Apparently GC are done for the year in regards to buying. I think they will start to focus on making sure the 3 feeders have some solid depth. Clearly Burleigh have the upper hand being the stronger of the 3 clubs, but Tweed and Ippy do have something to offer.

Miracle Balls

Juniors
My cousin who's a big Doggies fan told me they've lost a couple of their highly regarded Flegg players, Marty Mitchell & Ben Farrell, who have re-signed with their original club, Burleigh. Sounds like they may be part of the Titans plans for the future. Farrell was apparently the Aussie Schoolboys captain a couple of years ago.

Daza_06

Juniors
do u titan fans think that u guys should go after Lance Thompson. Looks like he is signing a 1 year contract with Cronulla so he will be on the open market nxt year. Would make a good leader but i don't think he is lookin to leave the area in which he is living in.

Franko

Juniors
I have heard stories you might get Brett Kearney who was released by Souths this year. I think he has signed with the Sharks but that would only be an incentive based contract one would think. So you might see him in the Titan colours for 2007.

Mulch

Juniors
Brett Kearney is a good player, Just never really given enough chances at Souths.

Edwahu

Bench
There is a bit of talk about Marshall Chalk heading up your way. He hasnt been made a priority re-signing by Canberra either.