What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Golden Boot 2019

Force

Juniors
I don't think this award is intended to be for the best player in the world. Just the best player in international matches. It is hard to argue really.

Tedesco should have got the Wally Lewis medal but didn't. Doesn't mean he should get the Golden Boot as compensation. He shouldn't even have been in the last four.

And he aint the best player in the world either. I don't know who is, but its not him.
Agree....its based on Internationals not domestic footy so only the two games vs NZ and Tonga will go towards Teddesco's cause, so looking at it from that POV, one shouldn't be surprised by the winner. What needs to change is the criteria, cos this relatively unknown has just made it on to a list featuring many greats of the game.

Springs09

Juniors
I don't think this award is intended to be for the best player in the world. Just the best player in international matches. It is hard to argue really.

Tedesco should have got the Wally Lewis medal but didn't. Doesn't mean he should get the Golden Boot as compensation. He shouldn't even have been in the last four.

And he aint the best player in the world either. I don't know who is, but its not him.

It used to be the best player in the world. Now its just best player in internationals. People are arguing that it shouldn't have changed and I agree. It's silly.

Fitler has turned into the village idiot, first is his navy blue origin idea, then his manly merger 2.0 And complaining about a player he hasn't seen win a golden boot. Maybe just maybe Australia should be playing more internationals instead of stoping them in their tracks for example Lions tour, Denvor game then on again off again Tonga v Australia, Tonga v New Zealand game.
But don't worry I'm sure the NRL will change the Golden boots rule to suit them. Bloke won fair and square whether you agree with it or not.
We may have the next Martin Offiah on our hands. We'll have to wait and see.

P.S. Lucky Remi Casty didn't win it, because this forum would go into a T.S.S. (total system shutdown)

roughyedspud

Coach
Only in rugby league would we f**k up and confuse our own awards...

The RLIF never awarded the golden boot.... They awarded RLIF player of the year,which Tommy makinson deserves imo ,coach of the year,team of the year etc..

It was rugby league world magazine that awarded the golden boot for the best player in the world...

King hit

Coach
Giving the award purely of a handful of tests instead of an overall year performance is a bit dodgy.

deluded pom?

Coach
Only in rugby league would we f**k up and confuse our own awards...

The RLIF never awarded the golden boot.... They awarded RLIF player of the year,which Tommy makinson deserves imo ,coach of the year,team of the year etc..

It was rugby league world magazine that awarded the golden boot for the best player in the world...
The RLIF bought the rights to the Golden Boot ‘spud and then changed the criteria. HTH.

hutch

First Grade
Elliot whitehead should have won under the new criteria. He has been the best player in international rugby league this year and in the World Cup final last year!

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Elliot whitehead should have won under the new criteria. He has been the best player in international rugby league this year and in the World Cup final last year!

What about players playing in the Emerging Nations World Cup or the RLWC Qualifiers? We're they not considered?

Latest posts