What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Golden Rose

Could be the best race of the spring with the lack of older star horses around ATM.

Sarajevo was unlucky first up and had to swim second up. Best horse in the stable according to the trainer

Scissor Kick is having a Silent Achiever type campaign where he just keeps stepping up over and over

Unloaded on both @ $15

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Depends on the track condition..

On a heavy track i reckon Bring Me the Maid is the one, with Hallowed Crown next..

If the track is dry i'm giving Better Land another chance..

Kumaon & Nostradamus are others i like on a dry track..

Gunna be a great race..

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I'm on Better Land at 11s but not so keen now with the draw. Scissor Kick is overs but also has a tricky gate. Sarajevo is the forgotten horse, but he has slightly disappointed me so far this campaign, think he may be another prep away.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sarajevo on a better track is massive overs, I got 15's as well.

On a bog track bring me the maid all the way, should be a great race hope the weather clears.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
I'm definitely NOT saying Sarajevo won't win, but i feel he is unders at $15..

He has only won a midweek maiden..

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Having at crack each way at Scratch Me Lucky at 50/1,group 1 placed at the distance,handles all types of ground,has a good barrier which may help him take a forward position,battled away ok for 6th first up after a bit of a wide trip,should strip fitter.

Realistically in this quality field it probably won't figure amongst them but i would neck myself if it did win at these odds so its worth a shot.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I have backed Sarajevo also,been following it since its debut,would be spewin if i jumped off it now and it won,if its wet he will struggle though,doesn't let down in those conditions judging by his last run.

andrew057

First Grade
If its a slow 7 or worse, Hallowed Crown just wins imo. The way he hit the last line in the Run to the Rose was in the heavy going was remarkable.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
http://www.racenet.com.au/news/103858/Money-says-Nostradamus-running-in-2014-Golden-Rose

Money says Nostradamus running in 2014 Golden Rose

Nic Ashman - 10/09/2014

Weight of money in the past 24 hours says Hawkes Racing will elect to run Nostradamus in Saturday’s Group I Golden Rose (1400m) at Rosehill.

The colt is also an acceptor for the Danehill Stakes at Flemington with the stable monitoring weather conditions before making a decision.

"We’ve taken bets of $3000 each way and $2000 each way among others since the barrier draw and he’s been by far the best backed runner,” Sportingbet’s Andrew Brown said.

"We saw the stable wait quite late with this horse two weeks ago before electing to stay in Sydney.

"Plenty out there thought he was going to Melbourne and it threw a few people off with Speed Maps and the like.

"Money isn’t everything but it’s usually a good guide with horses and hopefully this is an accurate guide.”

Nostradamus has firmed from $8.50 into $8.

Nic Ashman

Horrie Is God

First Grade
http://www.racenet.com.au/news/103881/Rosehill-track-'on-the-up'-with-the-sun-shining-in-Sydney

Rosehill track 'on the up' with the sun shining in Sydney

Clinton Payne - 11/09/2014

"The way they keep softening the forecast, I’m tipping we might have some luck” were the words of Australia Turf Club racecourses manager Lindsay Murphy regarding the weather leading up to Saturday’s Group I Golden Rose meeting at Rosehill.

"Earlier in the week they were tipping showers on Friday and Saturday but now the Bureau (Of Meteorology) has adjusted their predictions to a chance of isolated showers on Friday and a slight chance of a shower on Saturday,” Murphy said.

The Rosehill track has improved from a heavy (8) to a slow (7) on Thursday with the sun shining brightly at the Parramatta track on Thursday.

The forecast for the remainder of the day is for the sunny periods to continue with a top temperature of 23 degrees.

"It’s drying out and looking okay,” Rosehill manager Chris Toogood said. "It all comes down to the weather tomorrow.

"If we get a shower on it, it will put us back two paces but if the showers don’t eventuate I think we’ll be somewhere between a dead (5) and a slow (6) to start the day on Saturday.”

The rail for the big meeting will be back in the true position after racing with the rail at six metres for the Run To The Rose card two weeks ago.

Clinton Payne

Horrie Is God

First Grade
http://www.racenet.com.au/mobile/article.asp?id=103879

2014 Golden Rose – Updated early betting picture

Clinton Payne

The Peter Moody-trained Bring Me The Maid has tightened her grip on outright favouritism in the first 48 hours of final field betting on the $1 million Group I Golden Rose (1400m) at Rosehill on Saturday.

Following Tuesday’s barrier draw, Bring Me The Maid was at a top fixed odds price of $5. Two days later the best price available is $4.20 with the daughter of Sebring as short as $3.70 with some operators.

Bring Me The Maid has firmed with the 11 fixed odds operators surveyed by Racenet.

Punters have also honed in on Bring Me The Maid’s stablemate Better Land, who is the rock solid third favourite at $7. The son of Shamardal has firmed in from $8.

Pre-draw favourite Hallowed Crown continues to ease since drawing barrier 14 in the field of 15. The Bart and James Cummings-trained colt is a $5.50 chance with 10 of the 11 bookies while one operator is still betting $5.

The horse that has received the most support at longer odds is the Peter and Paul Snowden-trained Shooting To Win. The colt has firmed with eight of the 11 bookies surveyed and is a $17 chance.

Below is a comparison of final field fixed odds prices "Tuesday - Thursday” for the 2014 Group I Golden Rose.

Click link to see table..

Horrie Is God

First Grade
If its a slow 7 or worse, Hallowed Crown just wins imo. The way he hit the last line in the Run to the Rose was in the heavy going was remarkable.

Your shout..:D

The first 2 over the line are pretty good..

I had a piece of the tri, so it was a nice result..

Made up for the rest of the day..

andrew057

First Grade
Thank f**k for that.

I was down a heap after Chivalry losing by a nose (if only he didnt play up before the barriers im sure he wouldve won).