What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goldthorpe's Round 25 Team of the Week

neeknitsuj

Juniors
Why put so many Eels in? It's not like they are actually good, any team could've racked up 60 against the Broncos, and whats even worse it that the Broncos scored 22 points against the Eels. The Eels are posers.

Phillips

Referee
neeknitsuj said:
Why put so many Eels in? It's not like they are actually good, any team could've racked up 60 against the Broncos, and whats even worse it that the Broncos scored 22 points against the Eels. The Eels are posers.

you're an idiot. now good day sir!

Tekken Lord

Juniors
Originally Posted by neeknitsuj

Yet no team has, if any team can do it why was it that only the eels scored 68 against the broncos who have been depleted for ages? It could have been 78 if they converted all their tries, sure the broncos were bad but you have to be good to score 68 points. I'm not saying the eels a premiership contenders but i don't think any other team would have put that score on the broncos and no other team has got close thrashing the broncos. You are an idiot, smith ran the show he steered the team to 13 tries i think that deserves halfback of the week, if not what does?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Goldthorpe said:
Unfortunately I’m not kidding you lockyno1. It’s always a tough decision selecting the best halfback of the round and this week is no different.

1. Tim Smith (Eels) – 1 try, 12 tackles, 6 kicks in play, 4 try assists, 5 hit ups, 49 metres gained, 1 missed tackle. 92.3% Tackle Efficiency.
2. Cooper Cronk (Storm) – 1 try, 15 tackles, 13 kicks in play, 2 try assists, 1 line break, 3 hit ups, 10 metres gained, 1 missed tackle. 93.8% Tackle Efficiency.
3. Jamie Soward (Dragons) – 8 tackles, 4 offloads, 8 kicks in play, 2 line break, 11 hit ups, 104 metres gained, 4 missed tackles. 66.7% Tackle Efficiency.
4. Grant Rovelli (Warriors) – 1 try, 21 tackles, 11 kicks in play, 1 try assist, 6 hit ups, 63 metres gained, 1 handling error, 10 missed tackles. 67.7% Tackle Efficiency.
Johnathan Thurston (Cowboys) – 1 try, 11 tackles, 5 kicks in play, 2 try assists, 4 hit ups, 25 metres gained, 6 missed tackles. 64.7% Tackle Efficiency.
6. Brett Seymour (Sharks) – 25 tackles, 2 offloads, 10 kicks in play, 1 try assist, 6 hit ups, 37 metres gained, 6 missed tackles. 80.6% Tackle Efficiency.
7. Benji Marshall (Tigers) – 2 tries, 2 tackles, 6 kicks in play, 9 hit ups, 62 metres gained, 4 missed tackles. 78.3% Tackle Efficiency.
8. Craig Gower (Panthers) – 9 tackles, 1 offload, 14 kicks in play, 1 try assist, 6 hit ups, 56 metres gained, 1 handling error, 2 missed tackles. 81.8% Tackle Efficiency.
9. Craig Wing (Roosters) – 1 try, 23 tackles, 1 kick in play, 1 line break, 6 hit ups, 81 metres gained, 2 handling errors, 1 missed tackle. 95.8% Tackle Efficiency.
10. Todd Carney (Raiders) – 1 try, 18 tackles, 8 kicks in play, 12 hit ups, 119 metres gained, 2 handling errors, 5 missed tackles. 78.3% Tackle Efficiency.
11. Luke Walsh (Knights) – 8 tackles, 1 offload, 9 kicks in play, 1 try assist, 1 line break, 6 hit ups, 52 metres gained, 2 handling errors, 4 missed tackles. 66.7% Tackle Efficiency.
12. Scott Prince (Titans) – 14 tackles, 1 offload, 10 kicks in play, 4 hit ups, 15 metres gained. 100.0% Tackle Efficiency.
13. Jeremy Smith (Rabbitohs) – 18 tackles, 1 offload, 6 kicks in play, 1 try assist, 6 hit ups, 32 metres gained, 1 handling error, 5 missed tackles. 78.3% Tackle Efficiency.
14. Shane Perry (Broncos) – 18 tackles, 5 kicks in play, 1 try assist, 1 line break, 2 hit ups, 17 metres gained, 5 missed tackles. 78.3% Tackle Efficiency.
15. Brent Sherwin (Bulldogs) – 10 tackles, 1 offload, 5 kicks in play, 7 hit ups, 62 metres gained, 2 missed tackles. 83.3% Tackle Efficiency.
16. Matt Orford (Sea Eagles) – 10 tackles, 10 kicks in play, 1 try assists, 3 hit ups, 21 metres gained, 1 handling error, 4 missed tackles. 71.4% Tackle Efficiency.

Tim Smith’s 4 try assists is second highest amount of try assists in one game this season.

R01: Matt Orford (Sea Eagles) 5
R07: Scott Prince (Titans) 5
R04: Brett Kimmorley (Sharks) 4
R13: Mitchell Pearce (Roosters) 4
R20: Robbie Farah (Tigers) 4
R22: Johnathan Thurston (Cowboys) 4
R25: Tim Smith (Eels) 4

I am no fan of Tim Smith at all. All I'm doin is giving credit where credit is due. I haven’t seen many posters do that often on the League Unlimited Forums.

We are talking about Steve Price here. An average Steve Price is better then 85.0% of the Props in the competition playing to the best of their ability.

:lol: Stick that up your arse Locky. Tim was easily the best half of the round, hell that pass to Inu in its self owned Thurstons performance:cool:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
neeknitsuj said:

All that coming from a guy that has a pic of Amos Roberts:lol:

I'll see you up on the Central Coast very soon:cool:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Charlie124 said:
Thurston played 60 minutes against a better opposition when 30 less points were scored by the his team than Tim Smiths, yet he still got 2 try assists.

Tim Smith plays 80 minutes against a shocking opposition and his team scores 30 more points than Thurstons, and only gets 2 more try assists.

The only reason they are "better opposition" is because the Broncos have so many injuries. Seriously - if the Dogs are that good, they should have beaten the 'Boys. The 'Boys sucked as soon as Johnny T went off.

And also - Finch set up one try; Hayne practically scored his second on his own; Inu and Tahu scored theirs with little to no assistance from Smith...So how does that reflect badly on Smith's performance?

Look at the stats, too - they both made a similar amount of tackles, and yet Thurston missed more. Defensively, Smith had a superior game.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
6 missed tackles by Thurston lol and that was when the Cowboys were leading by 30 bahahahahahaha

Dazzraider

Juniors
one player who wasnt mentioned there was graham for the cowboys, he carved the dogs up last week with Bowen

Goldthorpe

Bench
Dazzraider said:
one player who wasnt mentioned there was graham for the cowboys, he carved the dogs up last week with Bowen
I thought that there were a few better centres then Ashley Graham last round. Matt King, Israel Folau, Joel Monaghan and even Georgie Carmont just to name a few.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
People seem to have rose coloured glasses with Thurston, he had a good game but Tim Smith was way better on the weekend. I thought he was holding his own in the first 20 then he stepped it up for the final 60. Thurston was found out in defence too many times.

The Colonel

Immortal
Charlie124 said:
Thurston played 60 minutes against a better opposition when 30 less points were scored by the his team than Tim Smiths, yet he still got 2 try assists.

Tim Smith plays 80 minutes against a shocking opposition and his team scores 30 more points than Thurstons, and only gets 2 more try assists.

Suggests that the Eels had other options in attack outside of Tim Smith to me......

sooperdooper

First Grade
anyone debating the selection of the eels players named needs to go back and watch the game again!
Tim was the half of the round by a long shot!
he was awesome!