What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Aussie Music By Genre

Eelementary

Post Whore
Sweet. Thanks, guys.

Truthfully, the rap/rock stuff and Aussie hip-hop is for a mate of mine who wants to find some Aussie stuff.

I mainly listen to metal and stuff.

Alex28

Coach
You Am I isn't punk! Take that back! They are good old f***en rock my friend and don't you forget it!

raider_ktj

Juniors
NO ONE HAS MENTIONED AFTER THE FALL AND GYROSCOPE WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL!?!?!?!?!?!
But i would like to mention The Butterfly Effect again, just because they rock.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The genre doesn't have to be spot on. Just as a guide.

Because for instance, some people may classify metal as one type of music, and others have a different opinion.

Red Bear

Referee
Best Aussie band - Frenzal Rhomb, My personaly favourite band of all time. They would be punk i guess.

Living End are very good, they have changed genre somewhat. Originally(and when at their best) they were a punkabilly act but now are more rock.

Other Aussie bands? Most new Aussie bands that get airplay are sh*thouse (all the new rock n aussie hip hop crap). Bodyjar have been good live when i saw em, various other punkish bands are ok. Disables seemed pretty awesome when i saw em, although every song sounds the same. Grinspoon were surprisingly good live.

Old Aussie stuff is good as well (pub rock etc).

Eelementary

Post Whore
Cool. I'll check into Alchemist.

Thanks guys. Keep it going - we have to spread the word about Aussie music!

miniHINDY

Juniors
Shihad ( hehe )
Cog
After The Fall
Gyroscope
Living End
Wolfmother
Grinspoon
the Hot Lies
Cut Copy
Grand Fatal

HevyDevy

Coach
dragonfly said:
You want some OZ metal, you need to hear Alchemist.

And Devolved from Brisbane.

The funniest thing about Devolved is the sticker on the cover of their last album that claims people with epilepsy shouldn't listen to them. Apparently some kid at a concert had a fit. Probably because of the lights rather than the music but it makes for a good strory.

Anyway, good blastbeats and powerful vocals, big riffs. It's industrial metal - similar to Fear Factory but a lot heavier.

Latest posts