What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Films Languishing in Obscurity...

Wizardman

First Grade
“Have you checked the children”. Haven’t seen it since the early 80s but was totally creeped out by it. Carol Kane was perfect in it but was happy to see great actress’s Rachel Roberts and Coleen Dewhurst In it too.
The great Charles Durning in it too....him and Briaqn Dennehy pretty much took the same type of roles...lol

Dogs Of War

Coach
Another Christian Slater one.....True Romance,written by Tarantino with Patricia Arquette and James Gandolfini...great story and a fair bit of action....Val Kilmer and Brad Pitt are in it too.

" I like you Clarence....always have...always will.".....Elvis.

I watch this movie once a year. Usually when I’m drunk. Also watched the tarinto recut. All I can say about that is don’t. He does it pulp fiction style and changed the end
clarence dies

And the best scenes are Gary oldman’s “is it white boy day” . and then Dennis hopper telling the story to Christopher walken.

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
I need to add a movie. Dogma. This is the best Kevin Smith movie by a long way. Great cast. So well written.

Oh and Jackie brown. A different movie for tarinto cause he based it off an Elmore Leonard book. Very much a slower burner.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Kungfu Hustle.

Came across it late one night very stoned.

Got to read, but worth it, funny with awesome fight scenes.

The Man Who Wasn’t There (2001).

A little-known, but expertly-crafted love letter from the Coen Bros. to the noir detective films of the 1940’s & 50’s. Shot entirely in black-&-white, Billy Bob Thornton’s small-town barber senses an opportunity to escape his quiet life of desperation & the machinations that ensue make the film sparkle in that traditional, slow-burn manner of the film’s of yesteryear. Very wry, salt-dry humour throughout as well.

A great cast too, with Frances McDormand, James Gandolfini, Richard Jenkins, a 17-year-old Scarlett Johansson (in a greatly restrained performance), & finally Tony Shalhoub, who just about steals the show in every scene he’s in as a legendary Defense Lawyer from the Big Smoke.

As almost anything the Coen’s make, highly recommended.

Last edited: