What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good game Big Show

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Great game from the big Show last night.
Showed he is not as slow as many think.
Definitely locks up the left side defense better than any others have this year.

Delusional post? He was beaten on a number of occasions -- once twice by the same player. The only reason he wasn't targetted more is because Souths were salivating at trying to run at Superstar Dave -- even the imbo Fox Commentators said as much. Wasn't at the game, but on the screen it looked as though my grandma could have scored the intercept (and she is 6 foot under!) -- Souths were rooted. Having said that, he deserves to stay (the only reason I say this is because if I don't other forummers think I am biased or emotional -- but to be truthful, I believe there are 3 other options) but if you think he has what it takes to match it against Cooper or Gasnier -- well . . . . .

Mako

Juniors
The_Brutal_Truth said:
Delusional post? He was beaten on a number of occasions -- once twice by the same player. The only reason he wasn't targetted more is because Souths were salivating at trying to run at Superstar Dave -- even the imbo Fox Commentators said as much. Wasn't at the game, but on the screen it looked as though my grandma could have scored the intercept (and she is 6 foot under!) -- Souths were rooted. Having said that, he deserves to stay (the only reason I say this is because if I don't other forummers think I am biased or emotional -- but to be truthful, I believe there are 3 other options) but if you think he has what it takes to match it against Cooper or Gasnier -- well . . . . .

Glad it looked good on the screen. I was sitting front row near the 40M line and had a birds eye view of him first half and he defended well and the couple time he got in trouble was when he had multiple players coming at him and limited help.

You also seem to forget the OTHER try he scorded in the 1st half. He is probably our best option on that side currently.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
His misses on Sutton werre poor.
other than that, he had a good game. was the best on the field for the Sharks anyway.

The intercept was a good try as was his other.
he also added a few line breaks with some strong staight running.

I think he will lock up Gasnier well if the others on the left side don't f*ck up.

Alan Shore

First Grade
I was waiting for him to pull out the big fend on Polglase, but he had enough pace to not need it!

Good game from the big fella.

Southern Shark

Juniors
He went alright. Sutton will push off many players in the future. Mellor has to stay but maybe on the wing and bring back Beau SCOTT.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
imasharkie said:
scott and mellor in the centre's

Which would you have on the right Uncle? Mellor can't pass remember. I still say put him on Simmo's wing. He showed last night he IS still quick enough.

Inferno

Coach
So true CJS but in all honesty do you ever see it happening.

Simmons is here for the long haul unfortunately.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Inferno said:
So true CJS but in all honesty do you ever see it happening.

Simmons is here for the long haul unfortunately.

Nope

Not while he has your avatar on his side :)

Not to mention being the coach's and club's apple bringing pet.

Inferno

Coach
You'd think with God on his side he'd be playing a little better aye.

I mean thats why Stevo's on fire this year.

here's a scary thought how crap would simmo be if God WASN"T on his side:shock: