What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 GF - Sun 6 Oct - Melbourne v Penrith @ Accor

Grand Final: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

• Penrith Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Results are only viewable after voting.

Black Panther

Juniors
Ivan having a good old fashioned whinge as usual.

Even trying to ensure Butler isn't in the bunker for the GF. Never mind the fact the obstruction call was correct.
Ivan never has a whinge you moron. He is normally relaxed and composed never really mentions the ref much. Trent Robinson is the whinger who blames everyone else bar his shit team.

Maybe next year for your Chumps.

Vic Mackey

Referee
If NAS gets off I think storm should have this covered. Apart from the first 25 v East’s Penrith haven’t looked themselves since they beat up the dragons 2 months ago. I realize they will come out different in a GF, however the storm are in much better touch, look fitter and just have that vibe about them. Storm 22-10. Hughes CC

Iamback

Coach
If NAS gets off I think storm should have this covered. Apart from the first 25 v East’s Penrith haven’t looked themselves since they beat up the dragons 2 months ago. I realize they will come out different in a GF, however the storm are in much better touch, look fitter and just have that vibe about them. Storm 22-10. Hughes CC

We haven't been full strength all year. That mostly cancels out the scratchy form this year

Valheru

Coach
Ivan never has a whinge you moron. He is normally relaxed and composed never really mentions the ref much. Trent Robinson is the whinger who blames everyone else bar his shit team.

Maybe next year for your Chumps.
Except last night

Sooking and moaning about a correct decision compete with a plea for the officials to not decide the GF and asking for butler to not be there.

The bloke knows they have no chance.

Vic Mackey

Referee
We haven't been full strength all year. That mostly cancels out the scratchy form this year

Well you can say that about every team. Look it wouldn’t surprise me if Penrith came out in a gusto and won by 18, they could do that, particularly if NAS is out. However I’m basing my tip off recent form . Last night was a horrible standard game, if they dish that up again they won’t stand a chance.

Iamback

Coach
Be honest, you don't believe there is any chance that will happen. Ivan knows it, he wants the bunker on side.

At our best no team gets within 20 of us. Even last night the passing from Kenny in particular was off end we left tries out there.

Storm have been good this year but are very inexperienced.

As for the bunker. What does Garner do to not make contact?

it was a defensive decision as the Dolphins one v Knights

Iamback

Coach
Well you can say that about every team. Look it wouldn’t surprise me if Penrith came out in a gusto and won by 18, they could do that, particularly if NAS is out. However I’m basing my tip off recent form . Last night was a horrible standard game, if they dish that up again they won’t stand a chance.

Absolutely but if Sorro plays we are full strength for the biggest game of the year. That resets the formline

No doubt in errors were but you don't expect 4 shocking passes from the hooker. The defence was still elite. For mine both teams being $1.90 in betting is accurate

Valheru

Coach
At our best no team gets within 20 of us. Even last night the passing from Kenny in particular was off end we left tries out there.

Storm have been good this year but are very inexperienced.

As for the bunker. What does Garner do to not make contact?

it was a defensive decision as the Dolphins one v Knights
Delusional

Melbourne are superior this year and you're going to find out the hard way next week.

As for your question, just don't run in to him? It was as obvious an obstruction as you will ever see.

Iamback

Coach
Delusional

Melbourne are superior this year and you're going to find out the hard way next week.

As for your question, just don't run in to him? It was as obvious an obstruction as you will ever see.

I must of missed where the Storm has all these Origin and test players?

The attacker has no control over been hit by the defender. Talakai makes contact and on inside shoulder.

I have seen many replays and both commentary teams called it that way. Neutrals are the best guide I find

Bazal

Post Whore
Well it's the grand final of bottoming boredom we all knew would happen....sigh.

Watch Penrith somehow blow Melbottom away after playing like dick all year, that'd be just like them

Vic Mackey

Referee
Absolutely but if Sorro plays we are full strength for the biggest game of the year. That resets the formline

No doubt in errors were but you don't expect 4 shocking passes from the hooker. The defence was still elite. For mine both teams being $1.90 in betting is accurate
I get that you’re confident, and considering what they’ve done the last few years have every right to be, however I don’t think anyone in rugby league is saying ‘man just wait and see Penrith when Scott Sorensen comes bck.’ If I’m being totally honest I hadn’t even realised he was out, or had just forgotten he existed.

I also think Stephen Crichton is a massive loss is these big games. In all 4 grand finals he’s scored an individual try, 3 at crucial times. I’m not sure Penrith have a guy this year who can do that.

Either way this has the makings of a cracking GF, we’ve had some good ones the last few years, which is great considering recent finals series have been completely one sided.

Iamback

Coach
I get that you’re confident, and considering what they’ve done the last few years have every right to be, however I don’t think anyone in rugby league is saying ‘man just wait and see Penrith when Scott Sorensen comes bck.’ If I’m being totally honest I hadn’t even realised he was out, or had just forgotten he existed.

I also think Stephen Crichton is a massive loss is these big games. In all 4 grand finals he’s scored an individual try, 3 at crucial times. I’m not sure Penrith have a guy this year who can do that.

Either way this has the makings of a cracking GF, we’ve had some good ones the last few years, which is great considering recent finals series have been completely one sided.

It isn't Sorro in particular but the balance. We have only 3 edges and Lindsay Smith is an ordinary edge. So to have the extra cover if we get another HIA.

Crichton is the huge loss.

Yeah I think the market of $1.90 both sides is spot on.

mxlegend99

Referee

Sorensen in means Eisenhuth is out. That’s what makes him a big inclusion. Also stops the bench being 3x front rowers. Sorensen is so much better on an edge than Smith or Henry.

But Critter in for Alamoti would definitely make us a lot stronger. Kinda sucks to see his grand final scoring streak ended. Might never get another.