What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good luck in winning a title under Mary

Frank Facer

First Grade
Notice how a lot of a certain going of posters have been very quiet lately?

I have no problem with not letting wins mask deficiencies, but the fact that many only post when they have criticisms is just pathetic. Express your criticisms of course but to have that make up your whole schtick is just shitty

Tons of positives in our team right now but some don't wanna look at them
Good post.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Notice how a lot of a certain going of posters have been very quiet lately?

I have no problem with not letting wins mask deficiencies, but the fact that many only post when they have criticisms is just pathetic. Express your criticisms of course but to have that make up your whole schtick is just shitty

Tons of positives in our team right now but some don't wanna look at them
It is almost like there is a division amongst a number of us supporters on this site, divided into the positives and the negatives. lol

It is almost like there is a division amongst a number of us supporters on this site, divided into the positives and the negatives. lol

We all want to see the Dragons win.
But this is a forum, a place to express ideas, preconceived or not.

Mary is not my favourite coach of all time, a record of failure that he should have been made responsible for some time ago.

However, I will be the first to shake his hand and call him the greatest coach ever if he turns up at Kogarah Oval on Grand Final night carry a trophy.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
I think there would be a number of clubs that would like to have a coach who has his team performing well enough to win 7 out of 8 games. Whether we win the title this year is an unknown but this team roster is in it infancy and is virtually together for the next few years. If the players can stay fit the odds are Mary will become a NRL premiership coach.

Only one team can win the comp each year, so a bit of luck is probably needed. If one judges a coach not winning the comp as a failure, then 15 teams a year would be considered failures. I still think that we will struggle to win a comp with Nightingale, Aitken and Lafai in our 3 quarter line.
I know we don't agree on Nightingale but some of the things he did tonight were incredible.
Two spiralling bombs he defused while Dufty was shitting himself for a start.
Must be very comforting for Dufty having someone like Nightingale watching out for him;
He also picked up loose balls, diffused a number of dangerous situaitons, made great reads in defence and yes dropped one high ball while having the where for all to try and get a 20m re-start.
Big occasions bring out the best in champions. This was on show again tonight.
I agree with Aitkin but Lafai is looking better ever week.
We need Mann on the field for longer minutes.
He was great and adds a lot to our performance in both attack and defence.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I know we don't agree on Nightingale but some of the things he did tonight were incredible.
Two spiralling bombs he defused while Dufty was shitting himself for a start.
Must be very comforting for Dufty having someone like Nightingale watching out for him;
He also picked up loose balls, diffused a number of dangerous situaitons, made great reads in defence and yes dropped one high ball while having the where for all to try and get a 20m re-start.
Big occasions bring out the best in champions. This was on show again tonight.
I agree with Aitkin but Lafai is looking better ever week.
We need Mann on the field for longer minutes.
He was great and adds a lot to our performance in both attack and defence.
We lack speed with Aitken, Lafai and Nightingale. Watching Melbourne tonight made me think, imagine if we had Addo Carr or Vunivalu on our wing instead of Nightingale and had Scott and Chambers in our centres. I would be a lot more confident of winning the comp this year, with those players in our team.

Nightingale is safe, I'll give him that, but his lack of speed is a weakness that can be exploited and means that he isn't going to score long range tries like Melbourne's wingers can.

We lack speed with Aitken, Lafai and Nightingale. Watching Melbourne tonight made me think, imagine if we had Addo Carr or Vunivalu on our wing instead of Nightingale and had Scott and Chambers in our centres. I would be a lot more confident of winning the comp this year, with those players in our team.

Nightingale is safe, I'll give him that, but his lack of speed is a weakness that can be exploited and means that he isn't going to score long range tries like Melbourne's wingers can.
If you make those sort of comparisons, you're absolutely right but in the realms of reality, our recruitment focus has been on our forwards and a halves partner for Widdop in recent time.
Dufty has definitely made a difference but came through the ranks and has definitely made us more unpredictable.
McDonald is playing out of his skin at the moment and I would love to see him in open space to see how fast (or otherwise) he really is..
As for speed - it hasn't been a priority for years now.
Just put the Nightingale focus aside for a minute.
Look at the other teams.
Rapana, Cotric, Mansour, Don, Sio, the Easts' duo just as examples - in other words there are very few wingers in the comp that consistently score long range tries.
The second part to that argument is that as a percentage of all tries scored, length of the field tries are very small.
Tries scored at critical moments in a game is what it's all about.
Whether that try is scored 90 metres out or falling over the line, you still only get 4 points for it..
Last time we played Melbourne we were badly exposed out wide and I am sure that they will target us again.
Let's see how it unfolds this time...

Drag Queen

Bench
Only one team can win the comp each year, so a bit of luck is probably needed. If one judges a coach not winning the comp as a failure, then 15 teams a year would be considered failures. I still think that we will struggle to win a comp with Nightingale, Aitken and Lafai in our 3 quarter line.
Frank, Frank Frank. Credit where it's due. Nighty played out of his skin today,
If you make those sort of comparisons, you're absolutely right but in the realms of reality, our recruitment focus has been on our forwards and a halves partner for Widdop in recent time.
Dufty has definitely made a difference but came through the ranks and has definitely made us more unpredictable.
McDonald is playing out of his skin at the moment and I would love to see him in open space to see how fast (or otherwise) he really is..
As for speed - it hasn't been a priority for years now.
Just put the Nightingale focus aside for a minute.
Look at the other teams.
Rapana, Cotric, Mansour, Don, Sio, the Easts' duo just as examples - in other words there are very few wingers in the comp that consistently score long range tries.
The second part to that argument is that as a percentage of all tries scored, length of the field tries are very small.
Tries scored at critical moments in a game is what it's all about.
Whether that try is scored 90 metres out or falling over the line, you still only get 4 points for it..
Last time we played Melbourne we were badly exposed out wide and I am sure that they will target us again.
Let's see how it unfolds this time...
Nene and Nighty for me today. Storm could possibly put a score on us.

ouryears

Bench

And I am sure the Storm would like some of our pack and maybe one of our halves.

Ohh, and our non rorting culture.

I would want nothing from them.

ouryears

Bench
Frank, Frank Frank. Credit where it's due. Nighty played out of his skin today,

Nene and Nighty for me today. Storm could possibly put a score on us.
I really think the Storm should be worried.

Beat West tigers twice did they?
Nope!

Warriors always cave in, we won't.

I really think the Storm should be worried.

Beat West tigers twice did they?
Nope!

Warriors always cave in, we won't.

The Warriors, despite all the changes made in personel and fitness, always seem to have it in them to get flogged.
They panic, it all goes pear shaped and they drop thier heads.
This year, the dragons don't have that mindset.