What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye Dwight

mike83au

Juniors
Collingwood Storm said:
the cheating bling bling fc has lost dwight yorke haha

how much r u going to be over the salary cap this season?

i fink u need to check da facts again bro... blinb bling fc were neva ova da salari cap man... and maybi afta readin dis, u can go back to skool and lurn how to spel propeli man.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Yorke refuses to comment

From staff writers with wire services August 31, 2006

SYDNEY FC captain Dwight Yorke has offered a glimmer of hope to the club's fans, saying he has "made no contact with Roy Keane or anyone whatsoever" regarding his rumoured transfer to English Championship outfit Sunderland.

Yorke missed the glamour A-League club's flight to Melbourne this morning amid speculation that he was set to announce a return to English football.
"I've been told to stay here and do a bit of gym work ... and just stay by the phone," Yorke said of the reason why he missed the flight in an interview with Fox Sports TV reporter Luke Elvey.
Sydney chief executive Tim Parker confirmed the club was speaking to the English Championship outfit about a transfer deal before the European transfer window closes tomorrow morning (AEST).
Yorke's former Manchester United teammate Keane took over as manager of struggling Sunderland this week, and he reportedly offered the Trinidad and Tobago captain a $600,000 pay rise, lifting his salary to $1.5 million a season.
Yorke refused to confirm to Fox Sports whether he was leaving the club.
"I've got a contract here," he said to Elvey.
"Unless I'm told otherwise there's no point me commenting on the situation."
Asked if he wanted to stay in Sydney, Yorke replied: "Life is good here. Look at the beautiful weather we're having here, and this is your guys' winter.
"I have a two-year contract ... there's always going to be speculation, but as far as I'm concerned I can't even comment or even know what's going on."
Yorke also said he had "made no contact with Roy Keane or anyone whatsoever" regarding the projected transfer.
Birmingham-based English Premier League club Aston Villa was also believed to be chasing Yorke's signature.
There has been no official confirmation of the widely anticipated move from Sydney FC management.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20314471-23215,00.html

Collateral

Coach
The novelty of having Yorke has worn off a bit anyway, so I dont think he will be a huge loss. If he leaves I hope FC will try bring back some overseas Aussies.

Iafeta

Referee
So who's next for Sydney FC?

Stan Collymore? Ian Wright? Les Ferdinand? David Semen? Fred De Jong?

STEVE R

Juniors
Confirmed. Dwight has gone to the Stadium Of Light to link up with new manager Roy Keane.

I'll back Sydney to sign someone within 3 weeks.

lolesi

First Grade
Collateral said:
The novelty of having Yorke has worn off a bit anyway, so I dont think he will be a huge loss. If he leaves I hope FC will try bring back some overseas Aussies.

Agreed 100% mate.

C'mon FC show me Aloisi!

Schillaci

Juniors
Word on the street is that the transfer fee is equal to the GDP of a small country. Nice money earner for Sydney.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Buno was on the BSB saying that their definitely working on a replacement for Yorke and we may know more within a week or 2 as to who it might be.

Sydney were $90,000 over the salary cap last year and got hit with a feather duster for it because the FFA own Sydney and they want Sydney to succeed

Melbourne will wipe the floor with SFC on saturday night

chileman

Coach
Yorke had a pretty ordinary game against the Mariners first round, although he has brought so much to the game here in OZ in the A-League his shoes won't be to big to fill but well done to him for helping A-League be a success in it's 1st season! :clap:

Schillaci

Juniors
this is for you collingwood you melbourne twig

winnerssydfc_wideweb__470x316,0.jpg