What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 v Canberra

Fangs

Coach
As it says.

Got a few questions to answer. Cleary 99.9% out you'd think. Even with a miracle recovery you don't take him to Canberra.

I'm no fan at all of the changes happening on the left side. We need to build some continuity out there. Laurie's position is a big question. If he moves into the halves it's yet another change on that side.

Raiders coming off a Townsville trip which helps a bit.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Whole pack needs to lift. Even with some guys out I want more intent. Canberra have a good pack too so we can't phone it in too much.

Mainly though I want a disciplined performance. Two weeks in a row our starts have been appalling and it's been a recurring theme this year.
He's meant to be a leader and he's played like a little bitch all year

Sime_11

Juniors
Moses will be alright - he can play below par now if beast mode comes out in the finals

everyone needs a good kick up the bum - this loss to Melbourne does that.

everyone will be up for Canberra - is is the toughest of our last 3 remaining regular season games.

WestyLife

First Grade
The big thing is getting free flowing end to end football. Do that they beat anyone. The constant stoppages and field position gifts are what's had them looking like 70% of their potential all year. I'd even back them with the fill ins if they can be discipline.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
If we can somehow get Nathan back on the field we'll need a better defender than Tago next to him that's for sure. Ivan either does something crazy like swap Luai to the right or bite the bullet and drop Tago. Sack up Ivan it's time to make some big calls

globalpanther

Juniors
The big thing is getting free flowing end to end football. Do that they beat anyone. The constant stoppages and field position gifts are what's had them looking like 70% of their potential all year. I'd even back them with the fill ins if they can be discipline.

100%. Melb dont allow it they put hands in places I wouldnt like my dog touch to slow it down. They are a disgrace to Rugby League.

Fangs

Coach
Geyer was good against Melbourne. Held his own and zero errors.

Start him again with Martin next week. He stays in until a starting backrower replaces him. Let the props be props.

Iamback

Coach
Geyer was good against Melbourne. Held his own and zero errors.

Start him again with Martin next week. He stays in until a starting backrower replaces him. Let the props be props.

He can't do 80 mins. Ivan needs to pull the trigger with Asu or someone

Fangs

Coach
He can't do 80 mins. Ivan needs to pull the trigger with Asu or someone

He is a seat warmer but if injuries strike he might be back starting late in the year. He managed 80 last night. I don't have an issue backing him again.

I'm all about Laurie right now. He appears to be the first choice winger (Or maybe its Alamoti) but now Cleary is gone and we need a 6.

If we are serious about Laurie starting wing he needs to stay there.

soc123_au

Staff member
He is a seat warmer but if injuries strike he might be back starting late in the year. He managed 80 last night. I don't have an issue backing him again.

I'm all about Laurie right now. He appears to be the first choice winger (Or maybe its Alamoti) but now Cleary is gone and we need a 6.

If we are serious about Laurie starting wing he needs to stay there.
I love Laurie, but wing isn't his go. Not in our system anyway. I'd be putting him at 6.

Latest posts