What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye NRL

RoostarGirl

Juniors
BuffaloRules said:
The two best teams have won this weekend..

Build a bridge honey..

Yes they did.....no thanks to the Refs:D

It was nice to see the 2 best teams win against the odds.

joshreading

Staff member
please grow up. Refs do make mistakes and please don't think you could do a better job and don't come up with some conspiracy of money - news ltd etc.

Melbourne were better than the Dragons and the Broncos completed one of the best come backs I have seen. If you thought the Ref could have changed either then I think you are way too parocial

Steelers4eva

Juniors
Choppies said:
Don't like losing? Don't like refs making mistakes? Then don't follow sport. IT HAPPENS. Refs are only human (just) and they will make mistakes.
Look at my team Easts 2nd last. I still went to games, Im still gonna buy alot of 100 year merchandise end of this year and I will still renew my season ticket and membership. I still have passion for Rugby League even though my team is not in it this finals series. I went to Saturdays final and I bloody enjoyed it and Im going to the Grand Final for the love of the game.

Fairweather fans like you are not needed.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Well said Choppies. Hate admitting it but we got done by a much better prepared and more commited team. While it was painful to watch I have to say it was obviously a well thought out game plan and they executed it very well. Hats off to Bellamy and his boys and hopefully the best team on the day will win on Sunday.

tbone10

Juniors
jaslyn55 said:
After watching both games this weekend it is obvious that unfortunatly our game has become a question of what teams are better for the NRL to have in the finals. The Disgusting refereeing and calls that favour the sides wanted by the NRL have become to obvious. After having my 10 year old son ask me why they are not playing fair enough is enough. After many years supporting the Rugby league and making excuses for the questionable decisions and calls I have made the decision it is easier to not watch the sport and look to other avenues for family entertainment. I cannot stand by till our team makes the finals and then explain to my kids why our team did not get in because of dubious decisions.
Nrl thanks for the memories but hopefully we will find a sport more fair to the fans and not so controlled by ratings and the almighty dollar.
Hope there is a good movie on channel ten or seven next sunday night because that is what we will be watching.

Unhappy fans

See ya...

:nwave:

don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out

Raiders Plight

Juniors
The raiders would have beaten the bulldogs too if it wasn't for the refs. Obviously Gallop and Finch wanted us out in the first week of the finals otherwise we would have built up too much momentum and would have just been unstoppable in the grand final. :roll:

Charlie124

First Grade
There was a huge conspiracy to keep the Cowboys out of the finals this year too, David Gallop and Superman got together in an enchanted forrest to hatch a plan to de-rail them after round 6. :roll:

either get over it or f**k off to another sport

Ricardihno

Juniors
It was a conspiracy regarding Glenn Morrisons no try against Melbourne in Week 1. It would've got to extra time and Nathan cayless wouldve kicked a 65 metre field goal to win the game 13-12 hahaha.

It Is what It Is.

I can't wait for this GF...2 Explosively great teams...its gonna rock....this coming from a Sydneysider.

Roll on Sunday..cmon..Hurry UP!

taipan

Referee
Geez if I had decided to give up watching rugby league,I would have done it years ago with some dud decisions against the Sharks.Its a bloody sport with refs ,they are human mistakes are made.It happens in all team sports.check union.,soccer world cup,even AFL.However the fact is the better team won on Saturday night sticks out like d..gs balls.Territory,defence.they even had what some have considered a fair try,when Inglis was tackled in the ingoal in the early stages,and pushed the ball backwards which Geyer belatedly forced.No try.

AN 8-2 penalty count against the Storm,a tackle by Poore that IMO should have been a dismissal(even though they go on report these days).
Gasnier had an ordinary game in defence and attack,King fended him off easily.Don't blame the ref for that.Saints had previously had a good defensive record 8 points per game for the past few weeks ,this week the defence let them down,even when they had a couple of decisions go againt them.If they had the defence right,the resultant tries may never have happened.

I have never heard anyone say the better team lost in this case,because they didn't.
The super league conspiracy crap doesn't hold water anymore.Does any one believe the NRL wanted the Swans to dominate the media this week in Sydney FFS.

Knightmare

Coach
jaslyn55 said:
After watching both games this weekend it is obvious that unfortunatly our game has become a question of what teams are better for the NRL to have in the finals. The Disgusting refereeing and calls that favour the sides wanted by the NRL have become to obvious. After having my 10 year old son ask me why they are not playing fair enough is enough. After many years supporting the Rugby league and making excuses for the questionable decisions and calls I have made the decision it is easier to not watch the sport and look to other avenues for family entertainment. I cannot stand by till our team makes the finals and then explain to my kids why our team did not get in because of dubious decisions.
Nrl thanks for the memories but hopefully we will find a sport more fair to the fans and not so controlled by ratings and the almighty dollar.
Hope there is a good movie on channel ten or seven next sunday night because that is what we will be watching.

Unhappy fans

If that's your gripe, fair enough. But don't tell me you're thinking of following the AFL. No Victorian team has won the comp since 2000, a Victorian team hasn't even made the big day in September since 2003. And all the while the AFL bends over backwards to accomodate the teams from other states in the name of "progress." If you think the AFL's s**t doesn't stink, you should talk to people who follow clubs like Melbourne, North, St Kilda, Western Bulldogs etc.

avsterooster

Juniors
jaslyn55 said:

Unhappy fans

your a dead set clown who has robbed your kid of the best sport in australia...
if you find the standard of refereeing so sh*t why dont you become one???

Latest posts