What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodwin debuts for Raiders!

Lime_Green

Juniors
I'm merely going on media reports.

Didn't Zillman have his contract substantially topped up when he resigned a year or so ago? Weren't Union making a play for him?

If my memory is correct the media reported when we signed TLL that he could earn up to (or perhaps slightly in excess of) 200K if he made Origin squads.

And if you know so much Dubby why don't you tell us exactly what these players are on?

I doubt that you can, because like the rest of us you don't have much of a clue.

dubby

Bench
Lime_Green said:
I'm merely going on media reports.

Didn't Zillman have his contract substantially topped up when he resigned a year or so ago? Weren't Union making a play for him?

If my memory is correct the media reported when we signed TLL that he could earn up to (or perhaps slightly in excess of) 200K if he made Origin squads.

And if you know so much Dubby why don't you tell us exactly what these players are on?

I doubt that you can, because like the rest of us you don't have much of a clue.[/quote]

Zillman did get a pay rise. That comes from being in the NRL squad, not the PL. And yes, TLL has alot of incentives if he plays rep....which is what I was getting at my post.

What the players earn is none of your, or my, business. And FTR I probably know a bit more than the average fan, but I have the highest respect for the players and club not to go spruking anything I'm told thru internet forums. People like that get cut out of the loop real quick.

Zillman is not serious about RU.

Lime_Green

Juniors
The point is if you don't know how much these players are on either, how can you be critical of me for suggesting that the club has signed up several players on reasonable $$$ (going by media reports) with very limited NRL experience in the past? You don't know how much they're on, all we have to go is media reports.

It's apparent that plenty of clubs are willing to pay $$$ for young "untested" talent - you only have to look at Karl McNicol the dude the Sharks just signed up for up to $200K a year even though he's never played NRL - yes I know it's an incentive based contract, but still.

But meh, whatever, it's not worth fighting about...

This is about Michael Dobson. Dobbo wanted to sign up in the off season, but the club told him to hold off and prove his NRL market value. How many games does he have to play? We are 1/3 of the way through the season, a season in which he comes off contract at the end.

The fact that club is holding off (despite telling the media they were keen to sign him up 3-4 weeks ago) is suggestive that Henry isn't convinced yet he's the long term half he wants at this club.

And yes that's speculation but last time I checked we were allowed to do that on forums, and as I'm not best mate's with management as you supposedly are I feel entirely comfortable doing that!!! :crazy:

dubby

Bench
Be critical all you want Lime, but I am merely pointing out that speculation is often assumption which is only a bit of truth and alot of opinion.

You can have your opinions mate, and speculate all you want. I really dont care. But please dont assume you know all about me and my knowledge of this club. Actually go for it. I really dont care at all.

Like you said. It's not worth fighting over.