What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gordie urges Lockyer to miss the Tri Nations

bluesbreaker

Bench
Kiwi said:
And you like others think people are just saying what they are because they hate the guy. I think you'll find most people ( there are the odd ones that are just saying it out of hate for sure ) would rather have all 3 tri nation sides at full strength baring injury for every game. And like myself they think that means Johns playing if fit.

I, like any other true league fan want a strong international game, we have the players to make the rugby tri-nations look second rate next to the league version. We don't simply because players get ruled out for stupid reasons, clubs don't release players and now we have top players ditching a test to play 6 games in the ESL.

There were a whole litter of players who missed internationals due to super league. That was putting club before country by the detractors definitions.

Anyway, he's missing a single game, not an entire series. The blame for this should be on the Tri-Nations organisers for putting a game on at the same time as the ESL grand final. In likely circumstances, a whole lot of Ram Rooters will be missing because of their prominence in SL, does this not reek of bad planning to you?

Further, are the Ram Rooters disloyal to their country as well? What about TBA Carroll and Brad Thorn for playing for the Kiwis? At least keep your ridiculous claims consistent (Not something a Broncos fan would know about ;))

The thing i've always debated is that it's about it being about money, and this assertion that Johns is disloyal for fulfilling a lifelong ambition. That is taking things too far in my opinion, and it just shows how stupid some people are.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
you should be the one to do all the research as you are the one that came out and mentioned the contract thread last yr.
If everyone on here did research on every ones specific posts then there would be 100 posts a day in total.
What i do know of you talk about the almighty one in every thread!!!
The brett hodgson thread...remember!!!! Somehow you turned it into a Johns vs Lockyer thread...you are obsessed with the guy.

Ridiculous assumption #2783907823 for you Charlie. I didn't bring Johns up, some other clown did. I forgot about that thread cause I went to do other stuff (haven't actually looked at since to tell you the truth), thanks for reminding me though, I forget about what threads I post in from to time.

Kiwi

First Grade
bluesbreaker said:
There were a whole litter of players who missed internationals due to super league. That was putting club before country by the detractors definitions..

You are talking about the SL war, there were two sides to that, so I wouldn't go using that as an example.

bluesbreaker said:
Anyway, he's missing a single game, not an entire series. The blame for this should be on the Tri-Nations organisers for putting a game on at the same time as the ESL grand final. In likely circumstances, a whole lot of Ram Rooters will be missing because of their prominence in SL, does this not reek of bad planning to you?.

There would be nothing stopping him doing it next year when he had retired from rep footy, he chose to do it now, knowing that there was a clash. It is poor planning yes, never said it wasn't.

bluesbreaker said:
Further, are the Ram Rooters disloyal to their country as well? What about TBA Carroll and Brad Thorn for playing for the Kiwis? At least keep your ridiculous claims consistent (Not something a Broncos fan would know about ;)).

Carroll and Thorn made their choices and stood by them, yes I would prefer they played for NZ, but they don't. I'd like to know what this has to do with it anyway? As for the players who worked hard all year that make the grand final with their team and miss out, it is very different to the 6 game wonder.

bluesbreaker said:
The thing i've always debated is that it's about it being about money, and this assertion that Johns is disloyal for fulfilling a lifelong ambition. That is taking things too far in my opinion, and it just shows how stupid some people are.

If it was a life long ambition surely 6 matches cheapens the dream.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Kiwi said:
You are talking about the SL war, there were two sides to that, so I wouldn't go using that as an example.

"The bid for the Broncos to start their own competition" was basically what Super League was about. The vision was a con, everyone acknowledges that

Kiwi said:
There would be nothing stopping him doing it next year when he had retired from rep footy, he chose to do it now, knowing that there was a clash. It is poor planning yes, never said it wasn't.

The opportunity probably wouldn't have presented itself next year. At least you acknowledge how stupid the planning is.

Kiwi said:
Carroll and Thorn made their choices and stood by them, yes I would prefer they played for NZ, but they don't. I'd like to know what this has to do with it anyway?

Um, they both turned their backs on their country, much more so than Andrew Johns ever has. I'm not surprised the connection has eluded you to tell you the truth.

Anyway, I don't recall 20 pages + written by Bronco haters about their selection in Origin, sure, it was mentioned, but not to the same extent. And you guys say _I'm_ obsessed about Andrew Johns. :lol:

Kiwi said:
As for the players who worked hard all year that make the grand final with their team and miss out, it is very different to the 6 game wonder.

Ridiculous hyperbole that just shows how biased you are. Don't bring this crap into your arguments.

Kiwi said:
If it was a life long ambition surely 6 matches cheapens the dream.

Maybe, maybe not. I do know that there's no "If" about it, unless he's been carrying on a lengthy fascade.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Hey by the way Kiwi, was Wally a 10 game wonder for Wakefield, or are you just afraid that Johns will do something (else) that "The King" couldn't? :)

tmac76

Juniors
Wally Lewis never turned his back on playing for Australia. Even with a recovering broken arm he tried to convince selectors. Going overseas to a weaker comp for glory with wooden spoon in hand and not representing your country is what Joey is all about - individual glory.

Kiwi

First Grade
bluesbreaker said:
Hey by the way Kiwi, was Wally a 10 game wonder for Wakefield, or are you just afraid that Johns will do something (else) that "The King" couldn't? :)

I don't care if Johns wins an esl title with warrington this year, I don't care that you choose to compare Johns to every tom, dick, harry and their dogs, cats and f**king budgies even when it has no relivance. As for Lewis going over for 10 games, if he had won, the title would mean very little as far as I'm concerned, and if he chose to do so over playing a test, then the same point of view I have here would apply.

Kiwi

First Grade
bluesbreaker said:
"The bid for the Broncos to start their own competition" was basically what Super League was about. The vision was a con, everyone acknowledges that.

SL happened, get over it. Stop bringing it up it doesn't add anything to your arguements.

bluesbreaker said:
The opportunity probably wouldn't have presented itself next year. At least you acknowledge how stupid the planning is..

And the Lotto numbers are? So on one hand you are telling us Joey is the greatest player ever and on the other no ESL club would have signed him for a 6 game stint end of next year?

bluesbreaker said:
Um, they both turned their backs on their country, much more so than Andrew Johns ever has. I'm not surprised the connection has eluded you to tell you the truth..

Thorn played for australia before playing for the all blacks, no one complained when he wore the green and gold then. As for Carroll, the only reason he played for NZ in that mickey mouse world cup was because it didn't count against his chances of playing for australia. I'm not surprised you let facts get in the way of a good whinge. What about willie mason is he a traitor as well? Or are just Broncos players?

bluesbreaker said:
Anyway, I don't recall 20 pages + written by Bronco haters about their selection in Origin, sure, it was mentioned, but not to the same extent. And you guys say _I'm_ obsessed about Andrew Johns. :lol:.

You have to be kidding, go back and have a look, there were alot of unhappy people. As for the 20+ pages, Johns lovers contribute as much to that as the haters do. The fact that it is pretty much confined to a few topics has helped boost thos topics to 20 odd pages.

bluesbreaker said:
Ridiculous hyperbole that just shows how biased you are. Don't bring this crap into your arguments..

How so, you think that Johns deserves a ESL title as much as the guys who have been there working hard all year for it? Johns deserves it more than the guy who got DEREGISTERED to make way for him? Now who is being biased?

bluesbreaker said:
Maybe, maybe not. I do know that there's no "If" about it, unless he's been carrying on a lengthy fascade.

I guess it all depends on how you define following a dream. I mean any schmuck can say it's always been a dream of mine.

Big Pete

Referee
There Johns fans go again comparing players from different eras...

You can't do it because of the different rules and different opposition.

I'm not a Johns hater nor a fan however I cannot disagree he is one of the best players if not the best player of this era and I don't see any knockers disagreeing. However it's the Joey lovers that keep bringing him up and rub it into everyone elses face which sets off all the knockers.

So if you don't wish people to hate Johns don't bring him up in every 2nd topic because it gets old.

jimmy_pop

Juniors
Johns is a f**king over rated prick. f**k the merkin they can bring that twinkie up if they want, that way everyone can rightfully mock the f**k through the twig!

Kiwi

First Grade
Well I have come to the conclusion that there is no point debating anything with guys like RBK, Bluestreaker and the rest of the Johns brigade. Because you can guaruntee that at some stage during the debate they will bring up Johns.

And well then debating with them goes around and around.

And of course unless you agree with them it gets nasty, I picture them on their computers doing this when ever someone doesn't agree with them or doesn't praise Johns every 5 minutes......

monday.gif

bluesbreaker

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
Happy...dickfark

ROTFL. What the hell is a 'dickfark'. Is it taking random swear words and combining them? Very strange, you fartcock... You f**ksh*t... You turdpussy. :lol: This is the clearest example of the levels of your geniusitity so far.

Kiwi said:
I don't care if Johns wins an esl title with warrington this year, I don't care that you choose to compare Johns to every tom, dick, harry and their dogs, cats and f**king budgies even when it has no relivance. As for Lewis going over for 10 games, if he had won, the title would mean very little as far as I'm concerned, and if he chose to do so over playing a test, then the same point of view I have here would apply.

I'll ask you again, since you avoided the question. Was Wally a 10 game wonder?

Kiwi said:
SL happened, get over it. Stop bringing it up it doesn't add anything to your arguements.

Are you stupid? Jesus f**king christ. You're bitching about someone "turning their back on their country" for a club game, and EVERY SINGLE PLAYER DID IT IN THE SUPER LEAGUE WAR. Did it change your opinion on them? Of course it didn't, because you're a hypocrite.

Kiwi said:
And the Lotto numbers are? So on one hand you are telling us Joey is the greatest player ever and on the other no ESL club would have signed him for a 6 game stint end of next year?

This doesn't even make sense, nor does it address the issue I presented. The signing came because of a chance encounter, I forgot that the Aussies were touring England in cricket next year :\.

Kiwi said:
Thorn played for australia before playing for the all blacks, no one complained when he wore the green and gold then. As for Carroll, the only reason he played for NZ in that mickey mouse world cup was because it didn't count against his chances of playing for australia. I'm not surprised you let facts get in the way of a good whinge. What about willie mason is he a traitor as well? Or are just Broncos players?

First of all, Willie Mason was born in Sydney you f**king genius. His connection to NZ is probably through his father, although I don't remember if he was a ram rooter or not...

Carroll played for NZ, Thorn played for NZ. Both were born in NZ, both are New Zealanders. Don't even get me started on cutie, that's an entirely different level of disgrace. I guess it's true he grew up in NZ wishing to play for Queensland :lol:

The thing I find funny about this argument is I can present examples where the EXACT same situation has occured (Super League, half the Queensland origin side picking and choosing who they play for etc), and yet you all dismiss it, because you can't argue against it. :lol

Kiwi said:
How so, you think that Johns deserves a ESL title as much as the guys who have been there working hard all year for it? Johns deserves it more than the guy who got DEREGISTERED to make way for him? Now who is being biased?

Irrelevent, all of it. What are you trying to argue here? When did I make a valued judgement one way or the other about the merits of this move? I didn't, that's right.

Without Johns, Warrington will not win the title (I still don't think they will even with him), find me someone who argues this.

Kiwi said:
I guess it all depends on how you define following a dream. I mean any schmuck can say it's always been a dream of mine.

Since his career began he's expressed the same wish to play in the big games in Britain. I guess he's the one you should be asking about the lottery numbers, I mean, he's managed to carry on this fascade for a decade before it came true.

Mr Saab

Referee
bluesbreaker said:
ROTFL. What the hell is a 'dickfark'. Is it taking random swear words and combining them? Very strange, you fartcock... You f**ksh*t... You turdpussy. :lol: This is the clearest example of the levels of your geniusitity so far.

dickf**k...dickf**k...dickfark...it all has the same meaning on a message board you mentally geniused pathetic red neck knights boy.

Kiwi

First Grade
bluesbreaker said:
I'll ask you again, since you avoided the question. Was Wally a 10 game wonder?.

In the ESL, yes, would he have deserved a tittle for it, no, just like Joey doesn't

bluesbreaker said:
Are you stupid? Jesus f**king christ. You're bitching about someone "turning their back on their country" for a club game, and EVERY SINGLE PLAYER DID IT IN THE SUPER LEAGUE WAR. Did it change your opinion on them? Of course it didn't, because you're a hypocrite..

The SL war was an extreme circumstance, it was a war for christs sake, players chose sides.

bluesbreaker said:
This doesn't even make sense, nor does it address the issue I presented. The signing came because of a chance encounter, I forgot that the Aussies were touring England in cricket next year :\..

You said it was probably his last chance to play in England, why would it be? Johns is the greatest thing since sliced bread isn't he? Why wouldn't ESL teams jump at the chance to have him next year?

bluesbreaker said:
First of all, Willie Mason was born in Sydney you f**king genius. His connection to NZ is probably through his father, although I don't remember if he was a ram rooter or not... .

Actually Willie Mason was born in AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND. Do you need an atlas?????

bluesbreaker said:
Carroll played for NZ, Thorn played for NZ. Both were born in NZ, both are New Zealanders. Don't even get me started on cutie, that's an entirely different level of disgrace. I guess it's true he grew up in NZ wishing to play for Queensland :lol:.

Again you only want to see half truths and what suits you, there really is no point in debating this really to be honest.

bluesbreaker said:
The thing I find funny about this argument is I can present examples where the EXACT same situation has occured (Super League, half the Queensland origin side picking and choosing who they play for etc), and yet you all dismiss it, because you can't argue against it. :lol.

Again forget SL, as for the rest, believe what you want to, I don't really care. It also doesn't matter, Johns will probably miss the first test, play the rest, Lockyer will be captain and we'll both have something to be unhappy about.

bluesbreaker said:
Without Johns, Warrington will not win the title (I still don't think they will even with him), find me someone who argues this..

True or not that means squat

bluesbreaker said:
Since his career began he's expressed the same wish to play in the big games in Britain. I guess he's the one you should be asking about the lottery numbers, I mean, he's managed to carry on this fascade for a decade before it came true.

Yet it takes only 6 games to satisfy a life long dream :roll:

Latest posts