What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gordon Tallis quote of the year

Eelsnutcase

Juniors
This happened in the tigers cowboys game.He said about benji "there are blokes that make things happen,blokes that watch things happen and blokes that wonder what the hell just happened".Why isnt this guy working for channel nine straight swap for ben ikin i reckon.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Generally halves seem to commentate on games better because they have a larger knowledge of the entire game, they have to in order to be a successful half however with fowards they are successful for being strong and having a bit of heart and all credit to them but most of them are dumb****s basically.

parra pete

Referee
Wayne "Weak as" Pearce is a good commentator on FOX...:sarcasm:

I got most annoyed with his rot commentary last night Eels v Raiders...
You DON'T have to state the obvious Wayne. People have eyes...

Navjot

Juniors
Junior is painfull to listen to with his pauses and spluttering mid sentence all the time, i like andy raymond and belcher good operators.

Navjot

Juniors
Hes funny to watch when hes trying to think of something to say his eyes roll up towards the ceiling, if u havent noticed this watch next time hes on prob monday night, hes as dumb as dogshit poor gordy but hes good value at times.

bjm8

Juniors
Following that Raymond said "do you understand what you just said?" Gordy replied something along the lines of "no, i didnt have to listen to it"

what a goose.

Loudstrat

Coach
Tallis FFS........

When Pox Sports has to employ Cro Magnon Man for footy commentary, you know the recruitment department has problems.

Took him 6 years of high school, plus tutoring, for him to be able to throw rocks from a cave and say "Ugh".

God-King Dean

Immortal
Tallis FFS........

When Pox Sports has to employ Cro Magnon Man for footy commentary, you know the recruitment department has problems.

Took him 6 years of high school, plus tutoring, for him to be able to throw rocks from a cave and say "Ugh".

:lol:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Tallis FFS........

Nail > Head

Tallis is an embarrassment. Imagine someone with no prior league knowledge flicking the channel and seeing him struggling to get a sentence out.

He's a f**king joke.

miccle

Bench
Tallis is definitely not cut out to be a commentator. Or pretty much anything other than a footballer, when it gets down to it.

That being said, I'd sooner listen to him do a 5-hour commentating solo gig than sit through 10 minutes of Laurie Spina. Errrrrgh. Makes Tallis sound like Shakespeare.

Johnny Bravo

Juniors
I don't mind his commentary. Yeah he can barely spit out a full sentence in one hit, but at least he jokes around and is good for a laugh. I can tolerate him a hell of a lot more than Pearce, Smith, Sattler, O'Neill, Raper or even Brandy's continually biased commentary. Andy Raymond and Tallis is just about the only guys on FOX that I don't hate.

Latest posts