What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould Melbourne Storm overrated

beave

Coach
Hahaha

There is nothing better in the game than a live f bomb .

He hates the sharks too.
He even said it during a game once.
I am so glad he was front and centre last year.

I still remember when harrigan gave him his marching orders at Caltex Field.....

Takes a special type of merkin to get sent off as a coach.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Do the tries not count because Kenny Edwards was smart enough to get a Storm merkin binned?

Of course they count, they're all worth 4 points. However if you're going to call 2 tries 'flukes' (which in no way was the slaters one) then I think you've gotta put the asterix on the others two.

Barkley

Bench
In hindsight the Storm were overrated in the betting markets. They were very short odds in every game and apart from the Brisbane game they did it tougher than expected. So in that aspect he could be correct.

Clutching at straws I know.

axl rose

Bench
Gould was completely right about the soft comp of 2016. Won't be surprised if the master is proven right again.

Most of them are pretty soft these days if you compare eras. I mean look at some of those sides from the 90's. Raiders, Brisbane and Manly sides would wipe the floor with all sides from the last 17 years. They would also be 5 million over the cap.

BrisbaneRhino

Juniors
Gould as a commentator used to be able to give very good technical insight. I just find his negativity and the oh-so-funny (not) jokes with Rabs to be utterly annoying. The problem is the technical stuff has gone and we're mainly left with Gus as pseudo-personality. Who sucks.

Mind you, we'll probably all look back at this as the golden era of RL commentary if Fittler ever gets much airtime.Whoever let him near a mic needs shooting.

M2D2

Bench
Gould as a commentator used to be able to give very good technical insight. I just find his negativity and the oh-so-funny (not) jokes with Rabs to be utterly annoying. The problem is the technical stuff has gone and we're mainly left with Gus as pseudo-personality. Who sucks.

Mind you, we'll probably all look back at this as the golden era of RL commentary if Fittler ever gets much airtime.Whoever let him near a mic needs shooting.
You had me until you besmirched the good name of the Spaceman.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Guzzy is over rated at his knowledge of league & footballers, in general.

The stupid prick would have lose a decent quid on the Cowboys knocking over the chookens. You could tell in his comments throughout the game.

And u are right. He has a serious gambling problem. Always has..

Blues Riff

Bench
And u are right. He has a serious gambling problem. Always has..
He hasn't had a bet for decades Cupcake. Get your facts straight. He does however gamble his credibility every time he opens his mouth. I think he knows and accepts this.

magpie4ever

First Grade
He hasn't had a bet for decades Cupcake. Get your facts straight. He does however gamble his credibility every time he opens his mouth. I think he knows and accepts this.

Gould is very much like Johns, every 1st gamer is a superstar in the making (he will brag about making that call early if one ever rises to that level) without the gayish comments of Johns - look at how strong he is, look at his power - I have no issue with anyone's sexuality but I don't want his manlove rammed down my throat (pun not intended) whilst watching a game of league.

Blues Riff

Bench
Gould is very much like Johns, every 1st gamer is a superstar in the making (he will brag about making that call early if one ever rises to that level) without the gayish comments of Johns - look at how strong he is, look at his power - I have no issue with anyone's sexuality but I don't want his manlove rammed down my throat (pun not intended) whilst watching a game of league.
This literally has nothing to do with my post, so why quote me? I don't listen to his commentary on 9.