What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould needs a bib.

I know this has been said a thousand times before but the man talks so much sh*t before & during a game that you have to hit the mute button.

Tonight before kickoff he raved on about how the dragons should have been there Gf day, &should have been them as premiers . bullsh*t. .i don't care how many "superstars" they have ,they were beaten by a better team in the Gf qualifer .A team who didn't crack under pressure ,hence they deserved to be there Gf day not the Dragons.

After he finished with that pile of steaming crap he started barring up looking at the players raving on how muscley& tanned they looked .
There has to be someone out there who can commantate on the footy without dribbling sh*t continuously.

Big Pete

Referee
He adds a bit of excitment and these outrageous opinions are always good for a laugh.

His love for Benji is getting on my nerves though. Benji cost his team 14 points yet when he gets them 4 points which turned out to be the match winner he became gods gift to League again.

I'm not saying Benji is a bad player, he's just being over-hyped.

Choppies

Coach
And the 1st Gould bashing thread of the season :lol:

I reckon we can get around 20 Gould threads this season. Cmon guys 19 to go.

I watched the whole thing...and can't honestly now remember a SINGLE thing he said!

Ok, admittedly I was talking amongst some mates during the whole thing - particularly during the prelude/wrapup...but I think we watched almost whole damn thing - so I guess I just be immune to the c%nt's cr@p now!! :lol:

God-King Dean

Immortal
As a Saints fan who watches & taped all their games, I can assure you it pisses Dragons fans off just as much the rest.

It makes me physically sick the way he goes on & on & on & on & on about how good our team is (if our team was that good we'd have 2 premierships).

Please Phil, I know you love our club... but remove your tongue from our arseholes, it is uncomfortable.

RB30DETT

Juniors
Choppies said:
And the 1st Gould bashing thread of the season :lol:

I reckon we can get around 20 Gould threads this season. Cmon guys 19 to go.

Probably a few more in the first round.

When people talk about teams that should have won or where the best team in years they didnt win a damn thing....it doesnt make me all that happy.

You tend to find though that these wishfull thoughts and smashed out of people when the champions show why they won the title and why their opponents didnt.

The Storm vs Dragons in 2000 at the MCG was probably the perfect example of this.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Every week there are two threads that ALWAYS appear.

One is bagging Gould. The other is bagging the Footy Show.

kbw

Bench
He is a dickhead and all he wants to do is work at the Dragons, its obvious.
I am sick of all the Ch9 commentator they are all halfwits, at least Ray Warren as dymentsia as an excuse

kbw

Bench
hybrid_tiger said:
Every week there are two threads that ALWAYS appear.

One is bagging Gould. The other is bagging the Footy Show.

And whats wrong with that, they are both crap

LESStar58

Referee
He has been known to let a nugget of something worthwhile slip but he just sets my teeth on edge every time I hear him talk. Same with Weidler!

Rammo

Juniors
I've just added Phil Gould to my list of 'don't listen to them' commentators.

The full list:

Ray Warren
Matthew Johns
Phil Gould
Paul Vautin
Paul Harragon
Ray Hadley
Gary Freeman

It'd be great if they each had their own personal mute buttons.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thats spot on.

I loved the way he said Lockyer wanted out of Brisbane...but then dared to say Darren Lockyer "Confirmed" he had a rough off season.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Raider Ultra said:
Weidler, what an air bandit. 'Don't be surprised if...', f*ck off mate!

Indeed.

The guy knows absolute f**k all and has any of his "inside info" ever come to fruition?

He's a muppet. How the f**k did he ever get into journalism anyway? To work on TV you are supposed to be able to string a sentance together. His vocal stucture is terrible, he pauses when he shouldn't etc. etc.

He's a spastic.

parra pete

Referee
Ray Warren call "These two teams could meet in the Grand Final" was a beauty. Anyone remember the late Cliff Carey when he was on 2GB. He used to nominate horses to win the Melbourne Cup, and change his tune at least ten times.
Of course Wests Tigers and St George could meet in the Grand Final..Then again so could Parra - Newcastle, Wests-Cowboys or anyone...
It was the seasons first ridiculous 'call'. The Pura Cup Cricket final hasn't been played yet. There are a lot of tackles to be made, tries to be scored, injuries to be overcome before commentators start nominating Grand Final teams.

Latest posts