What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GRAND FINAL (2004): SHARKS v BLUEBAGS

MysteryGirl

First Grade
Congrats to everyone on a wonderful season and probably the best match this year.

Thank you Willow, for taking a chance on me - knowing I had next to no knowledge of the NRL - and believing I could still add value.

Congrats to El Coco for MOTM. It's so well deserved and what a way to end your F7's career. Best of luck to you in the months to come!

frank

Juniors
Well done you 'Bags! :clap:

Thanks to everyone involved in giving this rookie a shot at the F7s.

My sincere apologies for not being around for the finals series - I've been a little too busy with work.

A big congratulations to the grand final winning team, a superb effort all round.

:D

jed

First Grade
Congrats to the bluebags. You're a great side, easily the pace-setters this year.

rabs

Staff member
congrats to the bluebags - premiers!
commiserations to the sharks on a massive effort during the season
thanks to all involved with this great comp, the refs, willow and his team and all the players, cheers

G

gorilla

YEAH !
This is it ! :lol:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
*tips beer all over the coaster*
*sprays can (KB) all over Willow*
Can't beat this ! :clap:

Fellow Bags - I dips me lid to all and every one of youse, not only this years team but those that have gone with us since the inception of forum posting.

Congratulations to the Sharks - great team and well played, we Bags know what it's like to be runners up. :clap:

Every team has given us a hard match - good on yers, it shaped our season,

we came here through the hard route, and
we never, ever lost confidence. 8)

Thank you Antonius and ballgirls, \\:D/
thanks to all the refs this season - I hope to be with you next season.

Also a special to the reserves for any of our matches - it's hard to not run on, but everyone is equal in the Bags and, having been on the bench this season (and having started from it in 2002) - the team comes first and is supported by all. :clap:

gatheraround Bags:

When you're a Bag,
You're a Bag all the way
From your first cigarette
To your last dyin' day.

When you're a Bag,
Let 'em do what they can.
You got brothers around,
You're a family man!

Then you are free
With a capital B,
Which you'll never forget
Till they cart you away.
When you're a Bag,
You stay a Bag!

(walk around the dressing room, drinking and clicking your fingers)

Here come the Bags,
Yeah! An' we're gonna down
Ev'ry last fuggin' team
On the whole fuggin' town!
On the whole ever-mother-lovin' town!

:thumnn :nwave:

The sherry and cheese and lettuce sandwiches are on the strapper's table,
(Rex, come over here and taste this steak sanger...., bring that little silver flask as well).

Everyone, come in and have a beer, the spa's full and we're gunna be as well ! :shock:

Third year proves it: "We are the champions of the WORL" :twisted:

Get in to it ! ;-)
Stop bogarting that ceegar.......

Anonymous

Juniors
Captains Knock:

First and foremost, I'd like to say it's a great honour for the Bluebags to have won The Backpacker Memorial Shield. Named after a top bloke who deserves his own Hall Of Fame. This one is for you mate.

I'd also like to thank the Sharks for being there on Grand Final day. Most people had written you off early in the season, but the sparkle was there and you were destined to carry it through to a successful year. As El Coco said, you played an eight game winning streak and that's something to be proud of. I have no doubt that the Sharks possess the very essence of sportsmanship and fair play... and will be the team to watch in F7s 2005.

To the referees: You invariably cop unfair criticism and undue pressure... but I can assure you that most of the people, most of the time, respect your decisions and appreciate the hard work you put in. Without the refs, we have no competition.

To the Bluebags: Well what can say? 2004 premiers! How good was that? :D

When we started in 2002, we found ourselves entering an unfriendly cauldron inhabited by matto clones, wearing jackboots and looking for ways to burn us alive at the first opportunity. We were semi-finalists and knocked out in controversial circumstances. But we didn’t lose heart… the Bluebags are made of sterner stuff.

We backed up in 2003, ready to take on all comers. But without warning, the F7s competition was cut off at the knees. A few hardy souls took up the challenge to revive the F7s with players becoming administrators and referees becoming players.... all with one thing in common: we refused to throw in the towel.

And our charter was simple: finish the 2003 season and keep the F7s going.

And finish it we did with Easts, Bluebags, Souths and Panthers all making the semi-finals while stalwarts from Parramatta, Bulldogs, Sharks, Broncos, Rhinos, and Dragons did what they could with few personnel.

2003 was an extraordinary, if not incredible, season of true grit... the mighty Easts Roosters side ultimately outclassing the Newtown Bluebags in the grand final.

The 2004 comp was fantastic. With teams from 2002 and 2003 re-forming, the growth of the F7s was assured. Next year is looking to be even better.

But I digress...

Throughout this year, the Bluebags fielded 5 players every match as did our opponents. We never had one match against a diminished team and we wouldn’t have it any other way.

This is a victory for the Bluebags of 2004 and the full team list has already been mentioned in my earlier post. But I’d also like to dedicate this victory to the 2002 team. This included many from the current squad as well as players like Bomber, Bender, ozbash and roopy who were all there from day one.
We also have a great future with a solid troop of new players standing up in 2004.

On a personal note and apologies for the self-indulgence... regarding next season, I feel that I’ve done as much as I can. I've been writing F7s essays for three seasons now.

I’ll still be there in 2005 to make sure the F7s have a home and the F7s website is kept up-to-date. But I’ll be looking for others to take up the baton now.
I can assure you all that whatever happens, the competition will be left in good hands and that there will always be a home for the F7s here at the Front Row forums.

In addition, I’ll do what I can to make sure the Bluebags have a squad for 2005… but I won’t be seeking nomination for the captaincy. It's time for some new blood.

Thanks again.... it's a grand feeling. :D

Good luck one and all and have great off-season.

Cheers.

Rexxy

Coach
Thanks for a great year Willow. Couldn't find a better bunch.

"I want to make a start of it, in old Newtown, If I can make it here, I can make it anywhere, its up to you Newtown, Newtown".

Nook

Bench
Congratulations Bluebags! It was an honour to be associated with this great bunch and I'm thankful for the opportunity to make my first foray into the colourful world of F7s!

...Morticia...

Juniors
i cant think of a team that deserves this win more than the bags or a team that i'd rather see carrying the shield with bp's name on it. i know dad'll be having a beer for ya willow. congrats and thanks.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
First of all, congratulations Bluebags, you've been a class outfit all season long and are deserved winners.

Comiserations to the sharks side, I've enjoyed the forum 7's concept immensely and the team are a great group of blokes and I was glad to have had an opportunity to play within this great team.