What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand final entertainment suggestions

jc155776

Coach
Fill the stadium with water and have an ancient sea battle. Fill the sea with Crocodiles and Great Whites so those falling overboard are savagely mauled.

13 Ships are manned by a crew of 25 (Each clubs top 25) and are armed with ancient weapons. Battle Royal to the Death with the Winner allowed to keep there team for next year.

This way only three teams stay the same for each year and we have 13 teams with fresh faces every year. Only the hardiest and toughest bastards survive.

Gibbo

Juniors
Maybe the finals could be a time to showcase some new technology. I'd love to see what they have in the NFL where there are cameras built in to the corner posts (note: they are not made out of cardboard). This could help the video ref too. Also it would be ace if they could have cross-bars like on that nutri-grain ad where they light up red/green depending whether the conversion was successful or not.
:pray:

mattyg

Bench
do you reckon they could organise a firing squad on the 10m line and the cWo lined up on the goal line?

Knightmare

Coach
The pre-match entertainment should start out with Uncle Rupert coming out and saying over the microphone: "I'm sorry my organisation and I f**ked up Rugby League in 1995. Let the games begin!" and there begins Mascot Wars Royale. It's like a WWF Royal Rumble, except that all 15 NRL mascots go in hammer and tongs, no holds barred. Winner gets a $50,000 cheque to the club they represent. Then Stuart Raper, Paul Simpkins and Denis Fitzgerald are brought out, bound at the arms and legs. A shot-gun is produced and Parramatta fans take turns at shooting Fitzsatan, until his body is motionless. Sharks fans do likewise with Raper and Knights fans with Simpkins. Then a huge stage comes out, with a bunch of Sharks legends singing the Police hit "I can't stand losing." Then they leave the stage and ACDC come out and start a roaring rendition of 'Are you ready for a good time?' while Monique and Lauren hook up in the middle of the stage for the duration of the song.

Knightmare

Coach
Even better- 1 lucky male spectator has their ticket number announced and they get to come up on stage and join in. Afterwards they probably wouldn't leave their bedroom for weeks! :LOL:

Gibbo

Juniors
Yeah something with the mascots would be ace-maybe a big mascots race like they have in the UK (have seen ti on sports tonight). My money is on Buck the Bronco though.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
By grand final day all the blood letting should be complete at all the failed franchises so I would like to see a parade of all the, by then jobless, coaches and their assistants. They could have a huge trumpet fanfare followed by the announcement over the sound system, " Here come the losers." Only trouble is it will probably take too long.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
They've been getting better lately. They've stopped spending money on over-the-hill acts like Meatloaf and Billy Idol and started getting decent local acts. Last year was Pete Murray, The Veronicas and Rogue Traders. I much prefer that than the dinosaurs they've dug up in the past.

Danish

Referee
I've got an original idea!!

Open with Grinspoon.

Headline with past their prime rock/pop idol from the late 80s-early 90's

And to really make it impress, surround both acts by school kids during their performance waving a big giant silk sheet to make it look like water.

A couple of strobe lights, a few fireworks and you got yourself some entertainment!!

Latest posts