What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand final fact

JAMES_FOO

Juniors
1. Barba (Poached)
2. Feki (Junior)
3. Beale (Poached)
4. Bird (Junior)
5. Holmes (Junior)
6. Maloney (Poached)
7. Townsend (Technically poached since he left and came back)
8. Fifita (Poached)
9. Ennis (Poached)
10. Prior (Poached)
11. lewis (Poached)
12. Graham (Poached)
13. Gallen (Technically poached)

14. Tagatese (Poached)
15. Heighington (Poached)
16. Kurt Capewell (Junior probably)
17. Ricky Leuti (???)

Lol 'Poached'. Their original clubs had their chance to keep their players. The whole point of managing a team is to put together the best possible roster. A coach is never going to worry about how many players he has 'poached', only a bitter ex-girlfriend worries about that shit.

Buggered up.I'll try again

If anything, we've moneyballed it mate

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...e/news-story/19942f2e80441df17e6e9caa0f97168a

1. Barba - discarded by Broncos - They are still paying some of his wage this year
2. Feki (Junior) - Warriors junior
3. Beale - discarded by Saints
4. Bird (Poached)
5. Holmes (Junior) - came through our system but was not wanted at the Cowboys
6. Maloney - discarded by Roosters
7. Townsend - junior
8. Fifita - discarded by Tigers
9. Ennis - discarded by Bulldogs
10. Prior - discarded by Saints
11. lewis - discarded by Panthers
12. Graham (Poached)
13. Gallen - rejected by Eels
14. Tagatese (Poached) - nope, was released mid-season by the Titans
15. Heighington - discarded by Tigers
16. Kurt Capewell - Feeder club - Ipswich Jets
17. Ricky Leutele - Junior - came through our system but from Logan Brothers

myrrh ken

First Grade
ah shit, thought it was newtown jets. thanks for the corrections bbb

bunch of ragtags and misfits we are.

EDIT you were right Shield.

Last edited:

davi

Juniors
I'm sick of this thread. My Broncos have had acquired players as every club has, seriously, Sharks have built a good team. They haven't 'bought' an appearance to the Grand Final, they have put together a good team and deserve credit for the season they are having.

I think some opposition fans can't hack it, so their bringing this petty argument about 'poached' and not what. Also Kurt Capewell is definitely not a poach, the Sharks had the foresight to give him a chance when other clubs didn't.

"Just a few years ago Capewell, who was cut by Brisbane and the Roosters after spending time in their NYC squads, was living in a caravan, wondering what his footballing future would hold."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...g-most-of-time-at-sharks-20160917-grilfs.html

halfbackBENHUNT

Juniors
Please do it for every other team

Roosters
1. Mitchell (Junior)
2. Tupou (one club player)
3. Copley (Poached)
4. SKD (junior)
5. Ferguson (Poached (but not really, he spent a year non-contracted)
6. Watson (junior)
7. Pearce (junior)
8. JWH (poached)
9. Friend (junior)
10. Napa (junior)
11. Cordner (junior)
12. Aubusson (junior)
13. Liu (junior)

14. Moa (poached from England so not really poached)
15. Evans (junior)
16. Taukehaio (Warriors reject, not poached)
17. Guerra (Storm reject, not poached)

myrrh ken

First Grade
okay so if you are going to shift the goalposts and discount "one-club players" then Feki, Bird, Leutele, Capewell, Holmes aren't counted either. So then we have poached one player - Wade Graham.

Your team has poached more.

What was your point again?

halfbackBENHUNT

Juniors
okay so if you are going to shift the goalposts and discount "one-club players" then Feki, Bird, Leutele, Capewell, Holmes aren't counted either. So then we have poached one player - Wade Graham.

Your team has poached more.

What was your point again?
My team is the Brisbane Broncos, I did say that Feki etc are juniors. ???? Your forward pack is poached.

myrrh ken

First Grade
As I said, we have poached one.

You have at least 3 - roberts, milford, blair plus next year's poachings Mead, Napa, Semi.

Shorty

Staff member
Isn't Valentine Holmes from up north? I love our wingers but I'm guessing we weren't interested in him, I wish he was in our colours lol.
The irony in the Sharks being 'sydneys team' is that they actually have more Qld players than the Storm iirc.

The only two I'd consider poached are Graham and Maloney and its the other team's fault for not fighting and keeping them.
Especially Maloney, he's been a great player for quite a while now.